Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7914
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseSixJun-16-09 07:19 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7959, "RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?"
In response to In response to 4

Well it could be, but just judging from how it sat on the shaft and fork with the clips and without, I really don't see how that could be causing such a horrible grinding noise in 1st and 2nd. I checked it and placed the clutch inside the trans which would hold everything in place before reinstalling the trans.

The other thing that leads me to believe is the trans/synchros is that 4th gear works perfect. No noise or grinding ever, I can shift into it at any rpm with no resistance or grinding, etc etc. Every other gear has to be rev matched or pulled in extremely slowly. I notice reverse has a light grind to it too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed? [View all] , EclipseSix, Jun-10-09 06:26 PM
  RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-11-09 12:02 PM, #1
RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, ez, Jun-13-09 08:26 PM, #2
RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, EclipseSix, Jun-15-09 05:13 PM, #3
      RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-15-09 05:50 PM, #4
           RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, EclipseSix, Jun-16-09 07:19 PM #5
                RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, hazard_eclipse, Jun-22-09 01:09 PM, #6
                     RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, Mattienorton, Dec-13-09 09:26 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7914 Previous topic | Next topic