Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7914
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseSixJun-10-09 06:26 PM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
305 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7914, "Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?"

So I ended up replacing my clutch this previous weekend (a bitch of an experience getting that trans back in, but it got done). When the old clutch went, the trans had a horrible grinding sound in it.

When I pulled the trans out I found out why, the old clutch disc completely shredded into a fine hairlike metallic crap mess. So new clutch goes in, trans goes in, new fluid, car runs and drives but the screeching is still there. Flush the fluid about 3 times, the screech only is there for a few moments when you first start driving, then goes away now.

The big problem is that now 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th gears grind going in. 4th gear is the only gear that still shifts smoothly no matter the rpms. If I baby it (nudge it in, rev match, etc), I can manage not to grind, but it makes the car completely horrible to drive. My question is, could the garbage from the old clutch getting into the trans ruin 4 of my synchros at once? I'm guessing thats it, but I'm also praying maybe theres some other hidden cause?

Or is it new trans time?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed? [View all] , EclipseSix, Jun-10-09 06:26 PM
  RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-11-09 12:02 PM, #1
RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, ez, Jun-13-09 08:26 PM, #2
RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, EclipseSix, Jun-15-09 05:13 PM, #3
      RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-15-09 05:50 PM, #4
           RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, EclipseSix, Jun-16-09 07:19 PM, #5
                RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, hazard_eclipse, Jun-22-09 01:09 PM, #6
                     RE: Clutch blew (badly), now all synchros screwed?, Mattienorton, Dec-13-09 09:26 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7914 Previous topic | Next topic