Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #748
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TJun-03-03 12:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#807, "RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like)"
In response to In response to 24
Jun-03-03 02:48 PM by admin3

>well since i have to rip apart my tranny for the damn input
>shaft bearing/seal anyway, i will prob get the slipp in dif
>and brackets also. One question though, you guys say that its
>much easier to put the halves back together by the bell
>housing on the ground, and putting the casing up side down on
>top of it when putting it back together?

Hey Matt, I've turned that thing 4 diferent ways trying to find the best to do this, and I believe the way to go is to leave the tranny part with all the gearing on the bottom, and drop the bellhousing on to the gears, BUT use a TON of grease and have the roller bearing IN the bellhousing part of it, in its race. It won't fall out so long as you have enough grease in there, and if it does fall, you don't have enough grease! hehehe

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pe82f2d747ccc0ec8033b646449f0ecf6/fc27552a.jpg.orig.jp g (use imagestation to get to this picture...obviously, I spaced the "g" from the ".jp")

I think dropping the gearside down on to the bellhousing is the exact same concept in that you're keeping the roller bearing in the bellhousing, as you re-attach, and that's the key. The roller bearing needs to stay in the race of the bellhousing so it won't break. If you try and force it any other way, that plastic cage of the roller bearing won't stay together without the race holding everything together. And the roller bearing is the key to everything!

Since i have never
>done this, it may sound dumb, but wont the internals(gears,
>ect..) of the trans fall out when you put it upside down?

Yeah, it sounded dumb to me as well. I tried to do it that ways a couple of times, and it sure was awkward, but I think it's possible. Nothing should fall out except for the differential, and you actually keep that on the bellhousing side upside down. In any case, I'd go with the method I described above. It's basically the same thing, but it's a ton more lighter, manageable and accomplishes the same thing: keeping the roller bearing in the bellhousing race apart from the differential.

Hope this helps!

With this method, I was able to put them back together with an accurate drop of the bellhousing in a minute or so, while every other ways was a MAJOR PITA, buuuuuut worth hours of fun!

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like) [View all] , TeamJasonESi_T, May-25-03 03:36 PM
  RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), TeamAvenger, May-25-03 07:47 PM, #1
RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), HadesOmega, May-26-03 10:49 PM, #2
      RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), Jasvb TS2K2, May-27-03 05:47 AM, #3
           RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), HadesOmega, May-27-03 10:47 PM, #4
                Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, TeamAvenger, May-28-03 09:12 AM, #5
                     RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, TeamJasonESi_T, May-28-03 11:31 AM, #6
                          RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, 2g99RSNC, May-28-03 11:37 AM, #7
                               RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, HadesOmega, May-28-03 05:01 PM, #8
                                    RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, TeamJasonESi_T, May-28-03 06:30 PM, #9
                                         RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, HadesOmega, May-28-03 09:30 PM, #10
                                              RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, TeamMichael_97RS, May-29-03 05:42 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, TeamAvenger, May-29-03 07:04 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, TeamXtremeRS, May-29-03 04:48 PM, #13
                                                             RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, TeamJasonESi_T, May-29-03 06:25 PM, #14
                                                                  RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, 2g99RSNC, May-29-03 06:39 PM, #15
                                                                       RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, TeamJasonESi_T, May-30-03 04:22 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, mkerley, Jun-01-03 03:53 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, Chamuko, Jun-01-03 05:27 PM, #18
                                                                                      RE: Yes They are FINALLY off of backorder. Mine is in the mail!!!, TeamJasonESi_T, Jun-01-03 06:02 PM, #20
RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), 2g99RSNC, Jun-01-03 06:01 PM, #19
RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), Jasvb TS2K2, Jun-01-03 06:07 PM, #21
      RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), grain, Jun-02-03 02:16 AM, #22
           RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), PowerEclipses, Jun-03-03 05:18 AM, #23
                RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), TeamXtremeRS, Jun-03-03 06:56 AM, #24
                     RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), 2g99RSNC, Jun-03-03 09:09 AM, #25
                     RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), TeamJasonESi_T, Jun-03-03 12:56 PM #26
                          RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), Teamner947, Jun-03-03 01:22 PM, #27
                               RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), TeamXtremeRS, Jun-03-03 02:02 PM, #28
                                    RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), Chamuko, Jun-04-03 09:05 PM, #29
                                         RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), HadesOmega, Jun-08-03 11:52 AM, #30
                                              RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), TeamMuRiX, Jun-09-03 12:57 AM, #31
                                                   RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), DSBLK93GT, Jun-11-03 08:16 PM, #32
                                                        RE: some initial impressions with the NewSkool LSD(Phantom Grip look-a-like), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-12-03 08:09 AM, #33
Mine is finally in, TeamAvenger, Jun-21-03 09:23 PM, #34
RE: Mine is finally in, mkerley, Jun-22-03 04:32 AM, #35
      RE: Mine is finally in, Teametx, Jul-22-03 09:35 AM, #36
           RE: Mine is finally in, ez, Jul-28-03 10:05 AM, #37
                RE: Mine is finally in, mitsudsr, Aug-05-03 09:50 AM, #38
Update: My Impressions of the SID, Matt_95tgs, Aug-10-03 06:31 PM, #39

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #748 Previous topic | Next topic