Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #761
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?" Previous topic | Next topic
DirtyApr-30-03 05:19 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#787, "RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?"
In response to In response to 5

Good ol' Joe.....Gotta love the paranoid brother. You remind me of an old friend had that was really smart, but did to many acids. I think you really need to swap the tranny man!

How bad can it actually be just to drop it 1 gear every now and then just for a couple seconds? My tranny temps never get over 125 degrees and it's been like 85 for the past week and I've still been getting on it pretty hard too.

The reason I do this is because it does feel like it's going up a steep hill and not downshifting. They said that would be ok right? Well what if you lived on a mountain and had to do this regularly? Do you think they would still say it's ok? I'm just thinking we have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear option for some reason, why is it bad to use your resources? I might just be in denial and want someone to tell me that it's ok, but I would like to know exactly what gets damaged and how.

Thanx for the responses guys. Maybe I'll grow out of it, but I have to figure something out. I just don't wanna go into the tranny again anytime soon. I can't afford it anyway.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions? [View all] , Dirty, Apr-28-03 03:51 PM
  RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, thedawg, Apr-29-03 10:48 AM, #1
RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, Apr-29-03 02:43 PM, #2
      RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, Apr-30-03 03:16 PM, #3
           RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Joe B Slow, Apr-30-03 04:02 PM, #4
                RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, amljbs, Apr-30-03 04:46 PM, #5
                     RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, Apr-30-03 05:19 PM #6
                     RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Joe B Slow, Apr-30-03 05:19 PM, #7
                          RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, amljbs, Apr-30-03 05:33 PM, #8
                               RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Joe B Slow, Apr-30-03 05:45 PM, #9
                                    RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, May-01-03 12:18 PM, #10
                                         RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Joe B Slow, May-01-03 01:17 PM, #11
                                              RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, May-01-03 03:18 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Joe B Slow, May-01-03 03:37 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, May-02-03 12:18 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Moderatorxcasbonx, May-26-03 08:14 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, python6586, May-27-03 03:35 PM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #761 Previous topic | Next topic