Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #761
View in linear mode

Subject: "Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?" Previous topic | Next topic
DirtyApr-28-03 03:51 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#761, "Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?"

This is somthing that I've always avoided because I thought it was unnessecary and would lead to problems with the tranny, but since I've had the MP TB on the tranny shifts so fast that if I have to let off the gas before I'm at the speed I really wanna go and get back on it it just bogs and I have no more pull. I think it should downshift at this time, but for some reason it just wants to try it's might in 4th or 3rd. I don't manually shift every gear or anything but when this happens I just move it down to 2nd and all is good from there on. I have no problem with doing this (so far) and I need to get some more work done so maybe this will be solved, but I was wondering your opinions on how bad or if it's bad at all doing this. Like I said, all I ever do is drop it down in 2nd when I need to, and put it back in drive when I get the right rpms.

I love this trottlebody and when I get on it it pulls like a motherfucker, but during regular driving the tranny just shifts to fast for me and I have to go with my plan B which is 2nd gear. Shit half the time I don't even feel it shifting into the next gear and my rpms, barely twitch when it does. Tell me what you guys think.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions? [View all] , Dirty, Apr-28-03 03:51 PM
  RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, thedawg, Apr-29-03 10:48 AM, #1
RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, Apr-29-03 02:43 PM, #2
      RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, Apr-30-03 03:16 PM, #3
           RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Joe B Slow, Apr-30-03 04:02 PM, #4
                RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, amljbs, Apr-30-03 04:46 PM, #5
                     RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, Apr-30-03 05:19 PM, #6
                     RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Joe B Slow, Apr-30-03 05:19 PM, #7
                          RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, amljbs, Apr-30-03 05:33 PM, #8
                               RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Joe B Slow, Apr-30-03 05:45 PM, #9
                                    RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, May-01-03 12:18 PM, #10
                                         RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Joe B Slow, May-01-03 01:17 PM, #11
                                              RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, May-01-03 03:18 PM, #12
                                                   RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Joe B Slow, May-01-03 03:37 PM, #13
                                                        RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Dirty, May-02-03 12:18 PM, #14
                                                             RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, Moderatorxcasbonx, May-26-03 08:14 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: Manual shifting an ATX....Consequences and Repercussions?, python6586, May-27-03 03:35 PM, #16

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #761 Previous topic | Next topic