Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6035
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..." Previous topic | Next topic
Warmage12Apr-12-09 06:05 AM
Member since May 24th 2008
168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6038, "RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..."
In response to In response to 2
Apr-12-09 06:08 AM by Warmage12

Originally posted by bullettdsm
As for shifting, are you no lift shifting (basically holding you gas pedal down all the way, all the time throughout the 1/4)? This will gain you a tenth if you are not doing this. If done properly, it will not hurt the tranny. I have yet to burn a synchro on our trannies (knock on wood), so it is possible. Of course, you could burn one trying to learn this technique, lol.

Umm, not trying to argue ( so OP listen to him over me) But bullet. When i first got my car i did do this and while the extra bit fo speed it provided out of each shift was awesome, i did TRASH a clutch doing it. Broke it really bad. IDK if age had something to do with it but the way i broke it i doubt it did. Just saying. Maybe you can point out what i did wrong.

Nice times though. Remove that spare tire and get back to it. You have better parts than me an i got my 1/8 down to a 10.5 right now. Get some energy supension motor mounts! They're like $75 shipped and the make a world of difference in launches. Super glue them bitches in and find the biggest bolt (diameter wise) you can fit into the tq mounts and you'll be set.

95 RS sold...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

my first time at the track...could have been better... [View all] , shoobaah, Apr-11-09 12:06 PM
  RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., RoninEclipse2G, Apr-11-09 12:22 PM, #1
RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-11-09 04:23 PM, #2
      RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., Warmage12, Apr-12-09 06:05 AM #3
           RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., SilvrEclips, Apr-12-09 08:37 AM, #4
                RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-12-09 09:33 AM, #5
                     RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., SaberKhan, May-04-09 10:39 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6035 Previous topic | Next topic