Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6035
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorbullettdsmApr-11-09 04:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6037, "RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..."
In response to In response to 1
Apr-11-09 04:25 PM by bullettdsm

Pretty good times for your first time out with your stocker. It does show you won the second race. Good reaction time on that one as well. Consistent traps, so you won't be getting much higher traps than that with your current set-up. So you would have to get better times with-in your launch and shifting.

I see your best launch is at the end, so that implies that you were finding your launch area better. On the stock tires (16's actually), with open diff I could launch her down in the 2.2's. Now I didn't work that long before I went to stickies and LSD, but I'm thinking you may not get her down much lower than that. BUT that would be a huge improvement from your current launch.

As for shifting, are you no lift shifting (basically holding you gas pedal down all the way, all the time throughout the 1/4)? This will gain you a tenth if you are not doing this. If done properly, it will not hurt the tranny. I have yet to burn a synchro on our trannies (knock on wood), so it is possible. Of course, you could burn one trying to learn this technique, lol.

That leaves us with some questions. Do you have an adjustable suspension? If so go soft as possible in front and hard as possible in back. What are you running for tires/tire pressure? High pressure in the rears and soft in front (for sidewall absorbtion). What/how are you launching? Too much to address there until feedback. Then you can also do the quick lighten up by removing spare tire jack accessories.

Of course, as always, the best way to make your car faster is seat time.

Lookin' good so far.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

my first time at the track...could have been better... [View all] , shoobaah, Apr-11-09 12:06 PM
  RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., RoninEclipse2G, Apr-11-09 12:22 PM, #1
RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-11-09 04:23 PM #2
      RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., Warmage12, Apr-12-09 06:05 AM, #3
           RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., SilvrEclips, Apr-12-09 08:37 AM, #4
                RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Apr-12-09 09:33 AM, #5
                     RE: my first time at the track...could have been better..., SaberKhan, May-04-09 10:39 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6035 Previous topic | Next topic