Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5855
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!" Previous topic | Next topic
quicksilver99Oct-20-08 01:22 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5881, "RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!"
In response to In response to 4

Well I forgot the timeslips out at the shop again, but i'll be back out there later on this week. Just wanted to say that Sat afternoon I made it to the track for the final test n tune of the year, 75 degrees out,track was 98 degrees, and I was again on street tires. BFG radial T/A stock size 205/55/R16. I made 9 passes-hot lapped it- and again 14.3 at 97~98 mph was the consistent result. I was riding the torque conveter and holding about 3 lbs boost at the launch. Any more resulted in mad tire spin, and any less and it would fall on its face. The tranny didn't flinch once, never got hotter than 187 degree's (OBD II scanner) and when I returned to the shop she just turned over 32K miles on the turbo setup. Not bad I think, the car had about 117K on it when I got it and everything is still stock internally. I personally think that the stock cast pistons will give out before anything else does. But I plan on throwing some JE's at it this winter and pushing it again next summer. So thats as far as I got with it this year. I'm still sorting everything out so I'll continue to follow up. I also plan to tear down the A/T this winter and look everything over just out of curiosity so we'll see what I find there.

Creative thinking? Ingenuity? Hell, It's just an obsession!

99 Eclipse GS turbo: MSpowered, everything custom built, 223.8 HP-199.8 TQ @8psi through auto-tranny. The first time around...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T! [View all] , quicksilver99, Oct-05-08 12:11 PM
  RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, Moderatorteklein, Oct-05-08 04:14 PM, #1
RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-05-08 06:59 PM, #2
RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Oct-05-08 11:09 PM, #3
RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, BoostedEclipse, Oct-06-08 12:34 PM, #4
      RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, quicksilver99, Oct-20-08 01:22 PM #5
           RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, DSM-ZERO, Jul-02-09 11:16 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5855 Previous topic | Next topic