Go back to previous topic
Forum nameReal Racing
Topic subjectRE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=11&topic_id=5855&mesg_id=5881
5881, RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!
Posted by quicksilver99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well I forgot the timeslips out at the shop again, but i'll be back out there later on this week. Just wanted to say that Sat afternoon I made it to the track for the final test n tune of the year, 75 degrees out,track was 98 degrees, and I was again on street tires. BFG radial T/A stock size 205/55/R16. I made 9 passes-hot lapped it- and again 14.3 at 97~98 mph was the consistent result. I was riding the torque conveter and holding about 3 lbs boost at the launch. Any more resulted in mad tire spin, and any less and it would fall on its face. The tranny didn't flinch once, never got hotter than 187 degree's (OBD II scanner) and when I returned to the shop she just turned over 32K miles on the turbo setup. Not bad I think, the car had about 117K on it when I got it and everything is still stock internally. I personally think that the stock cast pistons will give out before anything else does. But I plan on throwing some JE's at it this winter and pushing it again next summer. So thats as far as I got with it this year. I'm still sorting everything out so I'll continue to follow up. I also plan to tear down the A/T this winter and look everything over just out of curiosity so we'll see what I find there.
I generated this page in 0.0074989795684814 seconds, executing 6 queries.