Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5855
View in linear mode

Subject: "project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!" Previous topic | Next topic
quicksilver99Oct-05-08 12:11 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5855, "project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!"

Ok, so earlier this year I picked up a 98 GS. An exact twin to my 99, literally... only its an auto tranny. Mid summer I decided to throw on my old turbo setup and run it at 8Lbs. I don't truly use this car as a DD but the entire purpose was to find what it could do and do it reliably.

I have about 35 time slips to sort through and about as many dyno sheets, so I can decide what to scan in yet to post. But I'll start with saying that this car put 107 HP and 105 TQ when I bought it, and ran a 18.1 1/4 mile E.T. Friday afternoon I did 3 pulls on the dyno to verify power- 225.9 HP, 202.3 TQ at the wheels- and friday night it ran a 14.3 E.T at 97 mph.

I'm going to spend the next couple of nights scanning things in and sorting things out so there will be more to follow. I know there's alot of dissagrement as to what does and doesn't work with the auto-tranny (torque mod, brake torquing, ect.) So as i get things up, I'll show what did and didn't work for me.

Creative thinking? Ingenuity? Hell, It's just an obsession!

99 Eclipse GS turbo: MSpowered, everything custom built, 223.8 HP-199.8 TQ @8psi through auto-tranny. The first time around...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, Moderatorteklein, Oct-05-08 04:14 PM, #1
RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-05-08 06:59 PM, #2
RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, Moderatorbullettdsm, Oct-05-08 11:09 PM, #3
RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, BoostedEclipse, Oct-06-08 12:34 PM, #4
      RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, quicksilver99, Oct-20-08 01:22 PM, #5
           RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!, DSM-ZERO, Jul-02-09 11:16 PM, #6

ModeratortekleinOct-05-08 04:14 PM
Member since Nov 04th 2007
1699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#5856, "RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!"
In response to Reply # 0

Cool!

Very interested to see this, especially on the reliability portion

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420agreenvilleSCOct-05-08 06:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5858, "RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!"
In response to Reply # 1

i'd like to see the 604's power limit/reliability on higer boost levels...

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

ModeratorbullettdsmOct-05-08 11:09 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#5859, "RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!"
In response to Reply # 0

I hope you accounted for driver error

Cool that you're cranking on the auto. I too would be curious as to what our auto trannys can take.

More importantly, glad to see something posted up in racing for once.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

BoostedEclipseOct-06-08 12:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
#5860, "RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!"
In response to Reply # 3

keep us up to date, b/c I want to also see what the auto tranny can do as well.

- 98 Eclipse rs turbo

quicksilver99Oct-20-08 01:22 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
152 posts,
#5881, "RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!"
In response to Reply # 4

Well I forgot the timeslips out at the shop again, but i'll be back out there later on this week. Just wanted to say that Sat afternoon I made it to the track for the final test n tune of the year, 75 degrees out,track was 98 degrees, and I was again on street tires. BFG radial T/A stock size 205/55/R16. I made 9 passes-hot lapped it- and again 14.3 at 97~98 mph was the consistent result. I was riding the torque conveter and holding about 3 lbs boost at the launch. Any more resulted in mad tire spin, and any less and it would fall on its face. The tranny didn't flinch once, never got hotter than 187 degree's (OBD II scanner) and when I returned to the shop she just turned over 32K miles on the turbo setup. Not bad I think, the car had about 117K on it when I got it and everything is still stock internally. I personally think that the stock cast pistons will give out before anything else does. But I plan on throwing some JE's at it this winter and pushing it again next summer. So thats as far as I got with it this year. I'm still sorting everything out so I'll continue to follow up. I also plan to tear down the A/T this winter and look everything over just out of curiosity so we'll see what I find there.

Creative thinking? Ingenuity? Hell, It's just an obsession!

99 Eclipse GS turbo: MSpowered, everything custom built, 223.8 HP-199.8 TQ @8psi through auto-tranny. The first time around...

DSM-ZEROJul-02-09 11:16 PM
Member since Jul 01st 2003
62 posts,
#6059, "RE: project daily driver-finally track results! Boosted stock A/T!"
In response to Reply # 5

those are some awesome times for an auto trans. How is the tranny holding up so far

661hp & 463tq Worlds highest hp 2gnt soon to be the fastest

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5855 Previous topic | Next topic