Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #5960
View in threaded mode

Subject: "ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic
jamesmanFeb-25-03 01:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5960, "ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet"

yo all so.cal homies,

well, since the turnout of our last baja fresh meet sucked royal ass, however, Dan did hone his drifting skills, it is time to get another one going. i'm thinking on a saturday, maybe like at huntington beach or something, i have seen a few dsm meets going down over there. Or we could meet somewhere like cal state long beach in the parking structure on the top floor and take pics then cruise down to irvine or laguna beach on pch. currently there are no dates planned, but i want to see when the most people are free. we need a good large turnout so we can represent! hehe. we could do a canyon run up either angeles crest or angeles forest hwy or even baldy. only thing is that we may run into problems due to snow. we could then wind down and go have dinner somewhere, maybe at irvine spectrum or the block in orange or even downtown disney or universal citywalk. well, lets make some suggestions and get this thing planned!
lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
ChamukoFeb-25-03 07:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5965, "RE: ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-25-03 07:16 PM by Chamuko

uhm only week ends im not working are 8-9 and maybe 22-23. other then that im working. Also, my cars not fixed yet...so you guys dont mind me rolling in something else? hehe ill take up the rear.

sorry just remembered, arnt we gonna help that one guy with his turbo install? wont that be kinda like a mini-meet?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ClayFeb-25-03 07:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#5966, "RE: ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet"
In response to Reply # 1

>we could do a canyon run
sounds so fun. i'm pretty much down for anything, just need a 1 wk advance notice. off topic, gotta back out on the exhuast James.

FYI
import revolution - March 8th

95 GST | So-Cal

SonicYanFeb-26-03 11:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#5968, "RE: ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet"
In response to Reply # 2

Yo wasap homie. Hey James, I like that idea of yours meeting up at the parking structure!!! That would be so loud. We would definitely catch attention from the local popo. But if we're gonna do it on a weekend tho, I don't think they open the structure weekends. Man, that would be fun on a weekday, like thursday night or friday night. Imagine all the heads that would turn when they see a line of DSMs, and all the hondas are gonna put their tails between their legs. Ok, I'm daydreamin now. Yeah, Huntington Beach, whatever, I'm down. About the Canyon run, I'm cool, but I'm not gonna try keeping up anymore. Don't wanna run over a freakin screwdriver again! Man, after that canyon run, I think my car makes a lot of weird sounds now. Must have abused the suspension too much there huh? Aight, post some info.

P.S. Hey guys, any of you know how to put on a nitrous kit and my gauges? Please, I wanna put it on already. I might resort to having it put at a shop if no one knows how. Don't wanna mess around with that thing.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

thedawgFeb-26-03 01:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#5969, "RE: ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet"
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-26-03 01:52 PM by thedawg

We can test fit the NOS on my car if you want practice... hehe

How about going to Dromo1, the kart racing place? They use professional alcohol-fueled karts with digital speedo, timing computers and printouts, and even carbon fiber body panels hehe. You get a good 15-20 minute race for $20. The place is totally set up for meets, and it's in anaheim. You go FAST, you can DRIFT, and you don't have to worry about biatches in fords yelling at you. :o

Their website is http://www.dromo1.com (might be down right now?)

Anyways, if this sounds like a lame idea, please say so and I'll stop blabbering about it constantly hehe.

ezFeb-26-03 05:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#5973, "RE: ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet"
In response to Reply # 4

Whatever you guys want to do, but Sunday night meets are really not happening for me b/c I have to get up early the next morning. Something around noon on a saturday, next to the beach (hunington or long beach) would be nice.

Hey Mikey, I've never even touched a NOS bottle but I'll help install it - saw it on TV! didn't look too bad

It would be cool if we could get a really big get-together at the Calispeedway quarters sometime.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

pn0ymahalFeb-26-03 05:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#5974, "RE: ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet"
In response to Reply # 5

we should meet at rre and let james go crazy on rre. he should be able to win hehe..
Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2 @12psi
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Weezle745Feb-26-03 09:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#5977, "RE: ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet"
In response to Reply # 6

why not have something closer to the inland empire. everything is a far drive for me

CVedEclipseFeb-27-03 12:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#5978, "RE: ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet"
In response to Reply # 7

im down for any of those ideas... esp the inland empire meet .. dromo1 is fun.. and its close to the block, so we could roll down there and grab some food or something... dave and busters? then again.. all so cal 2gnters arent 21 yet... saturdays work for me best. lets get marcus down here too.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

jamesmanFeb-27-03 06:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#5979, "RE: ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet"
In response to Reply # 8

hey dan that place looks pretty cool, does everyone get to wear those cool driving suits? what would they do if I ran outside hopped in my car and drove away with one of those driving suits on? hehe well, I think saturday would be better for most of us since most people either have to work or go to school on monday. I was just thinking about good places to go that would yield good pictures! hehe. it would be cool if we got like 15 cars and cruised somewhere we could just meet early and then go for a drive then jam down to drive go carts and then end up at the block or something like that, we just have to make sure that everyone fills their gas tank up. I wouldn't have too much trouble with having it out in the IE but no offense, there ain't much to do out there. I also think it would be cool to go with a gang of cars to some place public so we can represent! hehe
okay enough babbling

lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

eclipsekaiserFeb-27-03 08:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#5988, "RE: ideas on time and place for next so.cal meet"
In response to Reply # 9

James, I don't blame you. there is not much goign on in the IE these days. Just a bunch of ricers buzzing around.

-K-

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #5960 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic