Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #75201
View in linear mode

Subject: "Turbo kit" Previous topic | Next topic
1995EcliPseGsAug-17-04 05:16 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75201, "Turbo kit"

Ok i just got my kit today for my 95 GS, its a Star Stage 2 and heres the supporting mods i plan to install, during install of kit:
31lb injectors
Apexi turbo timer
Turbo XS Dual Boost Controller
A/F, Boost, and EGT Gauges will be installed
Just some info on the kit...its has a T3/T4 with a a/r or .48 and .60 trim and comes with the Tial 38 wastegate and HKS BOV...my question is how much boost can i safely run and how much max can my motor handle...i just want the most i can get out of it with out upgradeing the internals...Any info would be greatly appreicated thx again in advanced. One more thing is that i have a upgraded clutch and rebuilt motor, both have about 10k miles on them.
Steve

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Turbo kit, Steve, Aug-17-04 09:16 PM, #1
RE: Turbo kit, 420a-Tnthewerks, Aug-17-04 10:13 PM, #2
RE: Turbo kit, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-17-04 10:25 PM, #3
      RE: Turbo kit, 420a-Tnthewerks, Aug-17-04 10:37 PM, #4
           RE: Turbo kit, Moderatormicyek, Aug-18-04 03:16 AM, #5
                RE: Turbo kit, injendsm, Aug-18-04 04:58 AM, #6
                     RE: Turbo kit, 1995EcliPseGs, Aug-18-04 11:25 AM, #7
                          RE: Turbo kit, 420a-Tnthewerks, Aug-18-04 02:05 PM, #8

SteveAug-17-04 09:16 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
1542 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#75206, "RE: Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 0

well..If you have a built motor allready with forged internals then boost to your little heart's content but make sure ya tune it right .

and read through this

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=26

It'll teach ya a lot..oh and the search. Cant go wrong there.

Steve-o
Top secret.

Originally posted by FlyinEsi
I guess I'll just have to live with a 500+ hp AWD 4-banger.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

420a-TnthewerksAug-17-04 10:13 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#75207, "RE: Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 1995EcliPseGs
...my question is how much boost can i safely run and how much max can my motor handle...i just want the most i can get out of it with out upgradeing the internals...

9psi

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-17-04 10:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#75208, "RE: Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 2

STAR kit, 7 psi, no more. Don't listen to anyone else here, they have no idea what they're talking about.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

420a-TnthewerksAug-17-04 10:37 PM
2267 posts,
#75209, "RE: Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by DarkOne
STAR kit, 7 psi, no more. Don't listen to anyone else here, they have no idea what they're talking about.

i will never argue with dino.

ModeratormicyekAug-18-04 03:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#75210, "RE: Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
Originally posted by DarkOne STAR kit, 7 psi, no more. Don't listen to anyone else here, they have no idea what they're talking about.

depends on what kind of rebulid he has though. But one thing I don't see is a fuel pump...do star kits come with a fuel pump?

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

injendsmAug-18-04 04:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#75212, "RE: Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by micyek
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
Originally posted by DarkOne STAR kit, 7 psi, no more. Don't listen to anyone else here, they have no idea what they're talking about.
depends on what kind of rebulid he has though. But one thing I don't see is a fuel pump...do star kits come with a fuel pump?

according to www.importparts.com , this is the pump that they come with.....

STAR High Pressure/High Volume Inline Fuel Pump

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

1995EcliPseGsAug-18-04 11:25 AM
Member since May 29th 2003
121 posts,
#75230, "RE: Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 6

Thx guys i appreicate the help and its a stock rebuilt motor and i have a walbro in tank 255 HP...so im guessing 7 psi max?!?!i thought that with the 30lb injectors i would be able to boost atleast 9psi??? am i wrong? thx again to everyone for there input...also besides upgrading the internals wat else can i do to boost higher?? or is internals the only route for more boost? thx once again
Steve

420a-TnthewerksAug-18-04 02:05 PM
2267 posts,
#75231, "RE: Turbo kit"
In response to Reply # 7

without forged internals, you will not be able to go any higher. after forged internals...go nuts.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #75201 Previous topic | Next topic