Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTurbo/Nitrous Tech
Topic subjectTurbo kit
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=75201
75201, Turbo kit
Posted by 1995EcliPseGs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok i just got my kit today for my 95 GS, its a Star Stage 2 and heres the supporting mods i plan to install, during install of kit:
31lb injectors
Apexi turbo timer
Turbo XS Dual Boost Controller
A/F, Boost, and EGT Gauges will be installed
Just some info on the kit...its has a T3/T4 with a a/r or .48 and .60 trim and comes with the Tial 38 wastegate and HKS BOV...my question is how much boost can i safely run and how much max can my motor handle...i just want the most i can get out of it with out upgradeing the internals...Any info would be greatly appreicated thx again in advanced. One more thing is that i have a upgraded clutch and rebuilt motor, both have about 10k miles on them.
Steve
75206, RE: Turbo kit
Posted by Steve, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
well..If you have a built motor allready with forged internals then boost to your little heart's content but make sure ya tune it right ;).

and read through this

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=26

It'll teach ya a lot..oh and the search. Cant go wrong there.
75207, RE: Turbo kit
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 1995EcliPseGs
...my question is how much boost can i safely run and how much max can my motor handle...i just want the most i can get out of it with out upgradeing the internals...

9psi
75208, RE: Turbo kit
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
STAR kit, 7 psi, no more. Don't listen to anyone else here, they have no idea what they're talking about.
75209, RE: Turbo kit
Originally posted by DarkOne
STAR kit, 7 psi, no more. Don't listen to anyone else here, they have no idea what they're talking about.

i will never argue with dino.
75210, RE: Turbo kit
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
Originally posted by DarkOne STAR kit, 7 psi, no more. Don't listen to anyone else here, they have no idea what they're talking about.

depends on what kind of rebulid he has though. But one thing I don't see is a fuel pump...do star kits come with a fuel pump?
75212, RE: Turbo kit
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by micyek
Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
Originally posted by DarkOne STAR kit, 7 psi, no more. Don't listen to anyone else here, they have no idea what they're talking about.
depends on what kind of rebulid he has though. But one thing I don't see is a fuel pump...do star kits come with a fuel pump?

according to www.importparts.com , this is the pump that they come with.....

STAR High Pressure/High Volume Inline Fuel Pump
75230, RE: Turbo kit
Posted by 1995EcliPseGs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thx guys i appreicate the help and its a stock rebuilt motor and i have a walbro in tank 255 HP...so im guessing 7 psi max?!?!i thought that with the 30lb injectors i would be able to boost atleast 9psi??? am i wrong? thx again to everyone for there input...also besides upgrading the internals wat else can i do to boost higher?? or is internals the only route for more boost? thx once again
Steve
75231, RE: Turbo kit
without forged internals, you will not be able to go any higher. after forged internals...go nuts.
I generated this page in 0.0082120895385742 seconds, executing 7 queries.