Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #85388
View in linear mode

Subject: "SEM Interior paint pics" Previous topic | Next topic
powelldsMay-22-05 08:46 PM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
916 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85388, "SEM Interior paint pics"

Does anyone who used the SEM Satin Black paint or other SEM paints have any pictures they could post? I was thinking about painting my interior after reading a little about the SEM products. I never even considered painting my interior, but this product looks pretty promising. So, anyone who has any pictures I could look at, please post them. Also, let me hear your comments on how it has held up and other things I might want to know. TIA.
~Jeffo

Hey, have you seen my tail lights? Yeah, well get used to looking at them.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: SEM Interior paint pics, 95dsmrsproj, May-22-05 10:17 PM, #1
RE: SEM Interior paint pics, Aggression, May-23-05 01:53 AM, #2
      RE: SEM Interior paint pics, EclipseTenzoR, May-23-05 03:59 AM, #3
           RE: SEM Interior paint pics, mcgyvr, May-23-05 04:12 AM, #4
           RE: SEM Interior paint pics, ModeratorEvuLFleA, May-23-05 05:00 AM, #5
                RE: SEM Interior paint pics, powellds, May-23-05 03:42 PM, #6
                     RE: SEM Interior paint pics, blckeclipse95, May-23-05 05:41 PM, #7
           RE: SEM Interior paint pics, dsmmyth, May-23-05 05:49 PM, #8
                RE: SEM Interior paint pics, ModeratorEvuLFleA, May-25-05 04:20 PM, #9
                     RE: SEM Interior paint pics, EclipseTenzoR, May-25-05 05:26 PM, #10
                          RE: SEM Interior paint pics, ModeratorEvuLFleA, May-25-05 05:38 PM, #11
                               RE: SEM Interior paint pics, scirio, May-27-05 04:59 PM, #12
                                    Door panel pics, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jun-01-05 02:06 PM, #13
                                         RE: Door panel pics, madhatter210, Jun-01-05 02:23 PM, #14
                                              RE: Door panel pics, powellds, Jun-04-05 12:07 PM, #15
                                                   RE: Door panel pics, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jun-06-05 03:24 AM, #16
                                                        RE: Door panel pics, mangina24, Sep-29-05 05:07 PM, #17
                                                             RE: Door panel pics, Kirby, Sep-30-05 04:43 AM, #18
                                                                  RE: Door panel pics, jonhix, Sep-30-05 06:50 PM, #19

95dsmrsprojMay-22-05 10:17 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2003
375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85389, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 0
May-22-05 10:20 PM by 95dsmrsproj

-unless this is a specific "interior" paint...I think it's what I use alot at work.(same product name: SEM Satin Black) I sometimes repaint wiper arms, black door mouldings, window mouldings, or wheelhouses with it. I don't know that it would be good for interior use...fades fairly quick and fingerprints easily(after it's cured even) I basically use it to do the little finishing touches after all over paint jobs. It looks good at first, but time takes its toll. If this IS a specific interior paint then please disregard this post. Just my .02

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AggressionMay-23-05 01:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#85390, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 1

If you do a search on this you will find that it has been discussed many times before. I just typed in SEM Paint and found this post right off the bat:

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=72513&mesg_id=72513&listing_type=search

Just search it if you need more information on it!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

EclipseTenzoRMay-23-05 03:59 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#85393, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 2
May-23-05 04:00 AM by EclipseTenzoR

That shit is horrible that and Fusion paint is going to flake.. Trust me use testors model spray paint in a can. And use Meguiars back to black to bring a gloss to it. The paint doesnt have to be black to use Meguiars, it just adds shine to flat colors. Trust me though, that is the best shit to use it has never flaked off for me and I did my interior in black and it matchs like stock. Use testors.. It's been used on model cars for decades and the paint is sill on them arent they? lol

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

mcgyvrMay-23-05 04:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#85394, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 3

I just used regular automotive paint and its been perfect for 2 years now, no flaking/chipping,etc.. it looks like the plastic parts came that color.
and all I did for prep work was just wash it down with any degreaser and paint away

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

ModeratorEvuLFleAMay-23-05 05:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#85396, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 4

I have my eclipse painted with SEM Satin Black. Also used SAND-FREE plastic/vinyl adhesive spray. The paint looks awesome and very very close to a factory black.

I have pictures but none online. I'll post some up tonight if you want.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

powelldsMay-23-05 03:42 PM
916 posts,
#85432, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah, of you could post the pics, I'd really appreciate it. Also, I did search and read a lot about it, I just wanted to see some pics of peoples interior that's been painted. Thanks.
~Jeffo

blckeclipse95May-23-05 05:41 PM
Member since Aug 10th 2003
389 posts,
#85436, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 6

Here are my pics of my interior. Used SEM on the dash and Fusion on the panels.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/313411/3

USMC Semper Fi

dsmmythMay-23-05 05:49 PM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#85437, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 3
May-23-05 05:58 PM by dsmmyth

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
That shit is horrible that and Fusion paint is going to flake.. Trust me use testors model spray paint in a can. And use Meguiars back to black to bring a gloss to it. The paint doesnt have to be black to use Meguiars, it just adds shine to flat colors. Trust me though, that is the best shit to use it has never flaked off for me and I did my interior in black and it matchs like stock. Use testors.. It's been used on model cars for decades and the paint is sill on them arent they? lol

Yea EclipseTenzoR is right. I'm doing this now too. The reason it sticks so good is because the stuff is used for plastic model airplanes which is about the same consistency as plastic panels. It sticks well.

But, whatever you do, don't use Fusion. Fusion blows. I know this because my stuff has flaked from day one. My friend did his in SEM, however, and it held up for awhile but it's now flaking. I'll see if I can get up some pics of when he first painted it.

Edit: Here ya go.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

ModeratorEvuLFleAMay-25-05 04:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#85486, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 8

SEM Satin black (top) vs some shiny junk paint that came with the car

98 ESi
95 GS

EclipseTenzoRMay-25-05 05:26 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#85487, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 9

Very nice EvulFlea, That is acutally the first decent SEM job I have seen. I just hope that holds up really good for you.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

ModeratorEvuLFleAMay-25-05 05:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#85488, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
Very nice EvulFlea, That is acutally the first decent SEM job I have seen. I just hope that holds up really good for you.

I use a grease/wax remover first, then use Sand Free vinyl/plastic adhesive spray and then spray the first layer of black while it is still a little wet with the Sand Free spray. Then I got 1-3 more times.

Looks close to factory black. Paint is nice and smooth. Really it's tough to tell it's even painted.

98 ESi
95 GS

scirioMay-27-05 04:59 PM
Member since May 13th 2002
1637 posts,
#85533, "RE: SEM Interior paint pics"
In response to Reply # 11

How long have you had it installed and hows it held up. The guy that helped me paint my car always told me not to paint anything flexible in ther interior unless I have hime shoot it with SEM. He swore by the stuff. scared to do it and have it look like ass. I have some exterior paint on my trim peices and you cant scratch that shit off with a key. My 90lb lab walks on my center console daily and no wear has shown in alomst 2 years

-WILL

AIM - scirio
Got Boost? ...No.

Originally posted by a drunk DSMRoadster
drink now and nafter goddanti! celebaeration birches!

ModeratorEvuLFleAJun-01-05 02:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#85710, "Door panel pics"
In response to Reply # 12

After/before pics (left/right)

Close up comparison- I'll have to respray over that red paint on the vents

After shot - lots of light made it look almost gray - looks black to the eye though

98 ESi
95 GS

madhatter210Jun-01-05 02:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#85711, "RE: Door panel pics"
In response to Reply # 13

Nice job man lol I can't wait to see the after pics of the whole inside put back in order.

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

powelldsJun-04-05 12:07 PM
916 posts,
#85804, "RE: Door panel pics"
In response to Reply # 14

Ok, where the hell did you get your SEM products? I have been to Autozone, Schucks, Napa, Carquest, Wally world, I just can't find it. I think I'm gonna have to order it off of the web. Any good sites where I can get it for cheap? Nice pics too, I am going with SEM.
~Jeffo

ModeratorEvuLFleAJun-06-05 03:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#85885, "RE: Door panel pics"
In response to Reply # 15

I got it at an autoparts store that has a paint section with tons of paint products.

I probably overpaid but it was like $10 a can. So far I've gone through about 4-5 cans. Remember, every single interior piece except for the dash is out.

98 ESi
95 GS

mangina24Sep-29-05 05:07 PM
Member since Apr 16th 2005
19 posts,
#89416, "RE: Door panel pics"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by EvuLFleA
I got it at an autoparts store that has a paint section with tons of paint products. I probably overpaid but it was like $10 a can. So far I've gone through about 4-5 cans. Remember, every single interior piece except for the dash is out.

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I didn't want to start another "interior painting" thread.

Anyway, what did you use to strip the paint off of the old, poorly painted plastic pieces? Did you sand the paint after each coat?

95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

KirbySep-30-05 04:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#89421, "RE: Door panel pics"
In response to Reply # 17

Hey Jeff are those the fake leather door skins? That's what I have and i have been scared to paint it.

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

jonhixSep-30-05 06:50 PM
Member since Nov 05th 2004
89 posts,
#89446, "RE: Door panel pics"
In response to Reply # 18

my door is all plastic ;/ i want doors like you guys ;/

Jon_Hix
98' RS...almost stock, saving money for the custom turbo kit ^^

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #85388 Previous topic | Next topic