Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31077
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cant get traction on launch?" Previous topic | Next topic
AgasFeb-05-08 11:22 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2007
97 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31077, "Cant get traction on launch?"

Hello, so I have troubles with racing...three guesses what my troubles are haha. does anyone have any tips for getting better traction on my launches? because by the time I start moving the other car is usually at least a car length ahead of me. I am planning on getting better tires cause mine are getting sort of worn down and I have 3 seperate brands of tire on the car right now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Cant get traction on launch?, VelocitaPaola, Feb-05-08 04:23 PM, #1
RE: Cant get traction on launch?, Slo2g, Feb-05-08 05:17 PM, #2
      RE: Cant get traction on launch?, Slimyjr., Feb-10-08 03:06 PM, #3
           RE: Cant get traction on launch?, Agas, Feb-11-08 03:34 PM, #4
                RE: Cant get traction on launch?, RS2G, Feb-12-08 04:30 PM, #5
RE: Cant get traction on launch?, dalesmitsu, Feb-13-08 03:14 AM, #6
RE: Cant get traction on launch?, Agas, Feb-13-08 06:10 PM, #7
      RE: Cant get traction on launch?, 2GeclipseRS, Feb-14-08 07:43 AM, #8

VelocitaPaolaFeb-05-08 04:23 PM
Member since Jun 13th 2005
626 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31078, "RE: Cant get traction on launch?"
In response to Reply # 0

Better, stickier tires would help. An LSD would help tremendously, and urethane engine mounts as well.

-----------------------------------------

-Paul

Service Manuals and Guides

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Slo2gFeb-05-08 05:17 PM
Member since Feb 10th 2006
1074 posts,
#31079, "RE: Cant get traction on launch?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by VelocitaPaola
Better, stickier tires would help. An LSD would help tremendously, and urethane engine mounts as well.

+1, Dont rev to the moon and drop the cluch. AFX solid front motor mount (or Xtreme RS if you can find one), and urethane would def. help, better suspension will also help, probably the biggest difference would be like already stated..an LSD.

Slimyjr.Feb-10-08 03:06 PM
Member since Feb 08th 2007
212 posts,
#31092, "RE: Cant get traction on launch?"
In response to Reply # 2

When i had zpt w rated tires i could take it up to 5000 rpms and drop the clutch and get a good launch. But with my z rated tires now i can only take it to about 4350 before i drop it. It also helps to drag the clutch out...burns the hell out of it but it works. I raced a 240 the other day from a stop and got a better launch then him and he has rwd.

AgasFeb-11-08 03:34 PM
97 posts,
#31093, "RE: Cant get traction on launch?"
In response to Reply # 3

im definately getting new tires as soon as I can

RS2GFeb-12-08 04:30 PM
Member since Nov 28th 2007
43 posts,
#31096, "RE: Cant get traction on launch?"
In response to Reply # 4

quaife lsd hands down..

dalesmitsuFeb-13-08 03:14 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#31097, "RE: Cant get traction on launch?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by Agas
Hello, so I have troubles with racing...three guesses what my troubles are haha. does anyone have any tips for getting better traction on my launches? because by the time I start moving the other car is usually at least a car length ahead of me. I am planning on getting better tires cause mine are getting sort of worn down and I have 3 seperate brands of tire on the car right now.

is your car atx or manuel.

AgasFeb-13-08 06:10 PM
97 posts,
#31098, "RE: Cant get traction on launch?"
In response to Reply # 6

manuel

2GeclipseRSFeb-14-08 07:43 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
#31099, "RE: Cant get traction on launch?"
In response to Reply # 7

Two step.

Lower psi in the fronts, stiffen up your rear suspension.......

Dont mash the throttle so hard that you spin like hell. Spinning tires dont move the car any faster. Launch it, if you're still spinning another 1krpm later, back of the throttle a little bit, let the tires hook and then mash the throttle.

No lift shifting can help you a good bit too if you practice doing it here and there. As long as you're not bouncing of the limiter when you clutch you'll be fine.

Goodnight sweetheart...yes its time to go...bum bum bum bum bum...good night sweetheart yes I am one little a$$hole......bum bum bum bum....

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #31077 Previous topic | Next topic