Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectCant get traction on launch?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31077
31077, Cant get traction on launch?
Posted by Agas, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hello, so I have troubles with racing...three guesses what my troubles are haha. does anyone have any tips for getting better traction on my launches? because by the time I start moving the other car is usually at least a car length ahead of me. I am planning on getting better tires cause mine are getting sort of worn down and I have 3 seperate brands of tire on the car right now.
31078, RE: Cant get traction on launch?
Posted by VelocitaPaola, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Better, stickier tires would help. An LSD would help tremendously, and urethane engine mounts as well.
31079, RE: Cant get traction on launch?
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by VelocitaPaola
Better, stickier tires would help. An LSD would help tremendously, and urethane engine mounts as well.

+1, Dont rev to the moon and drop the cluch. AFX solid front motor mount (or Xtreme RS if you can find one), and urethane would def. help, better suspension will also help, probably the biggest difference would be like already stated..an LSD.
31092, RE: Cant get traction on launch?
Posted by Slimyjr., Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When i had zpt w rated tires i could take it up to 5000 rpms and drop the clutch and get a good launch. But with my z rated tires now i can only take it to about 4350 before i drop it. It also helps to drag the clutch out...burns the hell out of it but it works. I raced a 240 the other day from a stop and got a better launch then him and he has rwd.
31093, RE: Cant get traction on launch?
im definately getting new tires as soon as I can
31096, RE: Cant get traction on launch?
Posted by RS2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
quaife lsd hands down..
31097, RE: Cant get traction on launch?
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Agas
Hello, so I have troubles with racing...three guesses what my troubles are haha. does anyone have any tips for getting better traction on my launches? because by the time I start moving the other car is usually at least a car length ahead of me. I am planning on getting better tires cause mine are getting sort of worn down and I have 3 seperate brands of tire on the car right now.

is your car atx or manuel.
31098, RE: Cant get traction on launch?
manuel
31099, RE: Cant get traction on launch?
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Two step.

Lower psi in the fronts, stiffen up your rear suspension.......

Dont mash the throttle so hard that you spin like hell. Spinning tires dont move the car any faster. Launch it, if you're still spinning another 1krpm later, back of the throttle a little bit, let the tires hook and then mash the throttle.

No lift shifting can help you a good bit too if you practice doing it here and there. As long as you're not bouncing of the limiter when you clutch you'll be fine.
I generated this page in 0.012530088424683 seconds, executing 7 queries.