Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27571
View in linear mode

Subject: "DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?" Previous topic | Next topic
TheOctaneJul-15-05 06:29 AM
Member since Oct 26th 2004
121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27571, "DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"

Hey all, i heard from a very reliable source that DropZone is trying to break into the tuner market in the eastcoast, and in doing so they have been advertising REALLY GOOD DEALS. My source is a friend of the families that is a CAR GOD imo. He works on top end cars a lot, skylines, benz, audis, his most recent was a lotus espris. He is a VW fan. Hes rebuilding a 1.8t GTI engine to put in his beetle. Yea it sounds tacky but his last bug had 400ish hp to the wheels no joke. Anyhoo he got coilovers for less than $200 for a full brand new set. he said you can get springs for like under $100...ill try and find out how to go about getting these deals but...
Can anyone back this up ?????

1999 GS hopefully T soon enough!
http://imageshack.us>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, L2RTSiAWD, Jul-15-05 06:35 AM, #1
RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, TheOctane, Jul-15-05 06:16 PM, #2
      RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, BumpinTalon, Jul-17-05 09:08 AM, #3
      RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, EclipseTenzoR, Jul-17-05 10:53 PM, #4
           RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, BigBald, Jul-18-05 05:08 AM, #5
      RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, L2RTSiAWD, Jul-18-05 06:38 AM, #6
           RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, EclipseTenzoR, Jul-18-05 08:14 AM, #7
                RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, FlyinEsi, Jul-18-05 09:26 AM, #8
                     RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, EclipseTenzoR, Jul-18-05 09:39 AM, #9
                          RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, L2RTSiAWD, Jul-18-05 10:21 AM, #10
                          RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, EclipseTenzoR, Jul-18-05 05:44 PM, #11
                               RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, a_miller_76, Jul-18-05 06:00 PM, #12
                               RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Jul-19-05 04:14 AM, #13
                               RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, TheOctane, Jul-19-05 02:07 PM, #18
                                    RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, EclipseTenzoR, Jul-19-05 05:39 PM, #19
                               RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, L2RTSiAWD, Jul-19-05 06:59 AM, #14
                          RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, dsmmyth, Jul-19-05 08:44 AM, #15
                               RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, L2RTSiAWD, Jul-19-05 10:41 AM, #16
                                    RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, dsmmyth, Jul-19-05 11:09 AM, #17
                                         RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, optikal, Jul-19-05 08:50 PM, #20
                                              RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?, EclipseTenzoR, Jul-19-05 09:12 PM, #21

L2RTSiAWDJul-15-05 06:35 AM
Member since Sep 30th 2003
244 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27572, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-15-05 06:35 AM by L2RTSiAWD

Great, as if there aren't enough brands of cheap and shitty springs, now they are even cheaper.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TheOctaneJul-15-05 06:16 PM
121 posts,
#27576, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 1

if i might ask, why are you so against DropZone...

BumpinTalonJul-17-05 09:08 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#27599, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by TheOctane

their coilovers are garbage. the springs are good, though, they are the only cheap brand that meets ISO9001 certification.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

EclipseTenzoRJul-17-05 10:53 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#27602, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 3

I vouch for Dropzones. They are a nice 2" drop but dont expect spectacular resutls without new shocks such as some adjustables. I dropped my car on them and it rides close to stock on normal roads. But if you are on some bumpy ones you can forget about it because it is rough just because of how soft our stock struts are compared to the spring rate. I am willing to bet though that if you use some adjustables these will ride beautifully anywhere. Just because they are cheap doesnt mean they are garbage coilovers are garbage unless they are the full setup, But springs.. unless you get new struts when you drop 2" dont expect a world of difference.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

BigBaldJul-18-05 05:08 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
#27603, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 4

Dropzone sucks...worst springs I ever owned. I belive they settle alot lower then the advertised 2".

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

L2RTSiAWDJul-18-05 06:38 AM
244 posts,
#27604, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by TheOctane

Their coilovers suck, and they can't get their orders right.

If you want to lower your car so it looks "maD TyT3 yo01!!!!" By all means buy them.

If you want real suspension that lowers the car slightly has an nice ride, and actually makes turning better. You won't find it cheap and you won't find it from Dropzone.

EclipseTenzoRJul-18-05 08:14 AM
2386 posts,
#27605, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 6

I'll be on a mission to prove it wrong. Call me stuborn but I like to find alternative routes for shit. I do admit though these did settle alot and it is bouncy on bad roads. But I am on a mission to do a good suspension setup on a budget.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

FlyinEsiJul-18-05 09:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#27606, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 7

You get what you pay for. End of story. Drive an eclipse riding on Tein's and you'll see why they paid that much for them.

Worth it IMO.

EclipseTenzoRJul-18-05 09:39 AM
2386 posts,
#27607, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 8

I agree with all of you though about buyin cheap stuff. But I am making a project of this. If I had the money to buy the really good shit I would. Shit if I could buy a gst or a gsx instead of buying a turbo kit I would.. But it all comes down to money and sometimes we have to take alternative routes. So maybe some people will respect what I am doing. I am not just doing this for me, I am hoping that by experimenting maybe I can help others when they feel they want to lose their 2 foot wheel gap. lol.. If I can find an affordable decent setup for people to go with I'll be happy. Dropzones are ISO approved so its good enough for me to start with. Next I will be buying some type of adjustables and will give feedback to you guys on the results

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

L2RTSiAWDJul-18-05 10:21 AM
244 posts,
#27608, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 9
Jul-18-05 10:22 AM by L2RTSiAWD

I agree that you can do a decent suspension on a budget. The best budget suspension kit I've ridden in is a Eibach Pro-kit/Tokico Illumia shock.

IMO the Illumia is the best budget shock and the prokit lowers your car enough to eliminate 4x4 syndrome but not to low, also the spring rates match up well with the car. I'd be interested in knowing the spring rates on a DZ spring.

EclipseTenzoRJul-18-05 05:44 PM
2386 posts,
#27618, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 10

I dont know the spring rates but all I can say is on normal roads it will ride comfortably.. But now that they have settled if I find a bumpy road yea.. You better take some pills for sea sickness.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

a_miller_76Jul-18-05 06:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#27619, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 11

I've been seeing these piece of shit springs and coils on the east coast for years. How are they "breaking into the east coast market"?

ModeratorEvuLFleAJul-19-05 04:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#27620, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by a_miller_76
I've been seeing these piece of shit springs and coils on the east coast for years. How are they "breaking into the east coast market"?

That is what I was wondering. I'd say a good chunk of car parts are purchased online. You could probably be in Zimbabwe and order a set of dropzones. I don't think the East Coast had any trouble in the past.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

TheOctaneJul-19-05 02:07 PM
121 posts,
#27627, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 12

if you look how much product they moved in each area of tghe country they were not doing a lot in the east, anyhoo thanks you the input guys...i wasnt gonna go with springs anyways, in MD i need an adjustable ride height.....

EclipseTenzoRJul-19-05 05:39 PM
2386 posts,
#27628, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 18

I love all this bashing.. Makes me really hope that the tokicos help me out when I put them on.. I would just like to be the guy that pops his head in and says haha, I found the solution to all the things said about dropzone. Anyway I'm going to stop because I don't want to get pissed off. I'm really hoping though that the adjustables make a diffence, because if it doesnt it means this cheap impatient experiment of mine was all done for nothing.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

L2RTSiAWDJul-19-05 06:59 AM
244 posts,
#27623, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoRBut now that they have settled if I find a bumpy road yea.. You better take some pills for sea sickness.

Exactly what I mean. Even if this guy could get DZ srings for 100, I'd still spend an extra 100 for some I know won't sag. I mean now you'll have to buy another set of springs and go through the hassle of installing them. Not worth it BANME!

dsmmythJul-19-05 08:44 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#27624, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 9
Jul-19-05 08:45 AM by dsmmyth

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
I agree with all of you though about buyin cheap stuff. But I am making a project of this. If I had the money to buy the really good shit I would. Shit if I could buy a gst or a gsx instead of buying a turbo kit I would.. But it all comes down to money and sometimes we have to take alternative routes. So maybe some people will respect what I am doing. I am not just doing this for me, I am hoping that by experimenting maybe I can help others when they feel they want to lose their 2 foot wheel gap. lol.. If I can find an affordable decent setup for people to go with I'll be happy. Dropzones are ISO approved so its good enough for me to start with. Next I will be buying some type of adjustables and will give feedback to you guys on the results

EclipseTenzoR and I have talked extensively about our cars and buying parts for it, and we had one thing in common. When we had the car in its earlier stages, we would put absolute JUNK on it, but now (him and I), are attempting to get our car going in the right way.

When the word of suspension came up, he said that he had heard that DZ was good with springs, but not with coilovers. He searched and even asked some people how they liked their ride and the majority of it was positive. So he went with dropzones, which is satisfactory for what his setup and budget was.

From what I have seen and heard about on tuners DZ is 50/50 with feedback from customers on their products. But in "my" opinion, for my car, I would never go lower than 1.5", which puts me in the market for Tein S-techs or such.

The only thing that's keeping me from Dropzone is it will drop it too low, and it will kind of being in that same pool of Honda Civic owners with horrible camber and worn tires.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

L2RTSiAWDJul-19-05 10:41 AM
244 posts,
#27625, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 15

Originally posted by dsmmyth
EclipseTenzoR and I have talked extensively about our cars and buying parts for it, and we had one thing in common. When we had the car in its earlier stages, we would put absolute JUNK on it, but now (him and I), are attempting to get our car going in the right way. When the word of suspension came up, he said that he had heard that DZ was good with springs, but not with coilovers. He searched and even asked some people how they liked their ride and the majority of it was positive. So he went with dropzones, which is satisfactory for what his setup and budget was. From what I have seen and heard about on tuners DZ is 50/50 with feedback from customers on their products. But in "my" opinion, for my car, I would never go lower than 1.5", which puts me in the market for Tein S-techs or such. The only thing that's keeping me from Dropzone is it will drop it too low, and it will kind of being in that same pool of Honda Civic owners with horrible camber and worn tires.

The point I'm trying to make is 50/50 is not a very good track record. How many people do you see complaining about Eibachs,Teins, Ground Controls,not many. On the flipside how many people complain about DZ's, Tenzo's, Goldlines, Sprints or any other cheap ebay brand. I'm not bashing on any of you I'm just trying to get the information out there.

P.S. Excessive toe causes the tire wear not camber.

dsmmythJul-19-05 11:09 AM
Member since Aug 24th 2004
1178 posts,
#27626, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by L2RTSiAWD
Originally posted by dsmmyth EclipseTenzoR and I have talked extensively about our cars and buying parts for it, and we had one thing in common. When we had the car in its earlier stages, we would put absolute JUNK on it, but now (him and I), are attempting to get our car going in the right way. When the word of suspension came up, he said that he had heard that DZ was good with springs, but not with coilovers. He searched and even asked some people how they liked their ride and the majority of it was positive. So he went with dropzones, which is satisfactory for what his setup and budget was. From what I have seen and heard about on tuners DZ is 50/50 with feedback from customers on their products. But in "my" opinion, for my car, I would never go lower than 1.5", which puts me in the market for Tein S-techs or such. The only thing that's keeping me from Dropzone is it will drop it too low, and it will kind of being in that same pool of Honda Civic owners with horrible camber and worn tires.
The point I'm trying to make is 50/50 is not a very good track record. How many people do you see complaining about Eibachs,Teins, Ground Controls,not many. On the flipside how many people complain about DZ's, Tenzo's, Goldlines, Sprints or any other cheap ebay brand. I'm not bashing on any of you I'm just trying to get the information out there. P.S. Excessive toe causes the tire wear not camber.

You're absoultely right, 50/50 is not a good record. And thanks for the clearing up of toe and camber. I couldn't remember which one it was. But then again, I'm not a suspension guru.

And Dropzone has been around awhile and it still seems to be as popular as it was 2 years ago.

1998 Eclipse GS

GS-T Axleback|CAI|OBX 4-1 Header|AF/X UDP|

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Did you happen to look at the post date of this topic? I didn't think so there Jesus. Way to raise Lazarus, buddy.

optikalJul-19-05 08:50 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
1062 posts,
#27630, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 17

dropzones are shit. quit bullshitting and do it right with quality parts.

-eric stratton
Kustom Auto Koatings
North East, Md
443-528-8007
http://www.kustomautokoatings.com

EclipseTenzoRJul-19-05 09:12 PM
2386 posts,
#27631, "RE: DropZone breaking into the East Coast Market?"
In response to Reply # 20

Makes me want to buy a gst and start over from scratch.... sighh

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #27571 Previous topic | Next topic