Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18406
View in linear mode

Subject: "The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment" Previous topic | Next topic
WickedESiJun-14-03 09:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18406, "The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
Jun-14-03 09:35 PM by WickedESi

I suggest people who arn't buying the complete rear camber kit to buy the Ingalls $25 (shipped price) spacer kit. It consists of 16x2 thick, beefy, grade 10.9 washers, w/ proper seating area that ones from a hardware store DON'T provide, and 4x2 perfect sized grade 10.9 locking bolts.

I installed the kit yesterday and my camber is perfect (I'm on Eibach Sportlines ~2 inch drop, once settled).

Here is a link...
http://www.iapdirect.com/item.asp?invid=66

It says it only adjusts up to 1 degree, this is incorrect, it adjusts up to 2 degrees, each washer adjusts the camber by .5 degrees (everything is stated in the instructions), also the washers that come w/ the kit are waaaay thicker than the ones shown in that picture. It comes w/ detailed instructions w/ all the torque specs and everything.

Anyone else who's got this kit can vouch for me, using those small washers is dangerous.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, SpreadEagle, Jun-14-03 10:51 PM, #1
RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, WickedESi, Jun-15-03 10:41 AM, #2
      RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, EclipsedGS, Jun-15-03 03:15 PM, #3
           RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, WickedESi, Jun-15-03 04:16 PM, #4
                RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, WickedESi, Jun-15-03 04:17 PM, #5
                     RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, EclipsedGS, Jun-15-03 04:52 PM, #6
                          RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, WickedESi, Jun-16-03 12:03 AM, #7
                               RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, EclipsedGS, Jun-16-03 05:44 AM, #8
                                    RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, Doug96GS, Jun-16-03 06:04 PM, #9
                                         RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, WickedESi, Jun-17-03 10:26 PM, #10
                                              RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, Doug96GS, Jun-18-03 07:00 AM, #11
                                              RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, WickedESi, Jun-18-03 10:26 PM, #12
                                                   RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, Doug96GS, Jun-21-03 01:15 PM, #13
                                                        RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, WickedESi, Oct-02-05 11:05 PM, #14
                                                             RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, eclipseman1999, Oct-04-05 02:32 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, WickedESi, Oct-06-05 05:18 AM, #16
                                              RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, injendsm, Oct-06-05 03:56 PM, #17
                                                   RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, WickedESi, Oct-06-05 08:56 PM, #18
                                                        RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, injendsm, Oct-07-05 06:53 PM, #19
                                                             RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, WickedESi, Oct-07-05 10:42 PM, #20
                                                                  RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment, injendsm, Oct-08-05 05:28 PM, #21

SpreadEagleJun-14-03 10:51 PM
Member since May 29th 2003
459 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18407, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 0

Good stuff, thanks for the link. Do you have to order 2 kits to do both sides?

95ESI-intake,borla,sportlines,kyb,tsw
more on the way

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiJun-15-03 10:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#18412, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 1

Nope, the $25 is for both sides (for the rear).

EclipsedGSJun-15-03 03:15 PM
Member since May 19th 2003
17 posts,
#18421, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 2

so you could buy this instead of buying the $100 rear camber kit? Or does this have to be used with the rear camber kit?

Luke

WickedESiJun-15-03 04:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#18422, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 3

Instead =] $25 and your done.

The only difference between the $87 (or however much it is) ingalls rear camber kit is that it comes w/ new brackets (which are expensive peices), but it still uses the washer kit to adjust.

WickedESiJun-15-03 04:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#18423, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 4

Remember, you still need to get your car aligned after dropping your car and correcting the camber, the extreme toe will eventually get you in an accident.

EclipsedGSJun-15-03 04:52 PM
17 posts,
#18427, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah, the car got aligned after it was dropped and I'll have it realigned after the camber kit is on. Another thing, is the camber kit a basic thing to install or should I just let the shop install it and align it? Thanks

Luke

WickedESiJun-16-03 12:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#18441, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 6

It's a peice of cake to do if you have a nice variety of sockets, rachet wrenches, closed-end wrenches, extensions, wd-40, a breaker bar, and torque wrench.

If you put your springs on you can definately put the camber kits on.

The back one took longer because to "properly do it" you have to take off the spindle (3 bolts), which is easy to do with the wheel off, unbolt the spindle brackets, put the spacers on, then torque the spindle bolts back up once you put on the spacers (so the spindle sits correctly on the bushings w/ the new camber). It's much easier than I just made that sound.

The front takes less time because you *don't* remove the wheels, because you have a work surface to rest the spindle on (it swivels if you don't take off spindle to control arm ball joint).

Step by step instructions are included in all the Ingalls kits, including torque amounts.

EclipsedGSJun-16-03 05:44 AM
17 posts,
#18445, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 7

alright easy enough. I have the tools for everything so it shouldnt be bad. thanks for the help.

Luke

Doug96GSJun-16-03 06:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#18452, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 8

Sweet I just ordered one

No more bad camber!!

WickedESiJun-17-03 10:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#18476, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 9

I got my car aligned this morning, and they fine tuned the camber by subtracting some of the washer's I didn't need. Sears has this Ingalls kit in there computer at their aligning stations.

Doug96GSJun-18-03 07:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#18479, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 10

I know that you have sportlines, but how many washers do you think I should use for my prokit?

WickedESiJun-18-03 10:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#18493, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 11

It won't need more than 2 washers per bolt.

If you use less than 3 washers you're suppose to use the stock bolts.

I recommend putting 2 on each for the prokits and then have the alignment shop remove any if/where needed.

Doug96GSJun-21-03 01:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#18533, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 12

I got it in the mail yesterday and ill be putting it on tommorrow or monday. I'll start with 2 washers on each bolt and see how it looks.

WickedESiOct-02-05 11:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#28048, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 13
Oct-02-05 11:06 PM by WickedESi

3 washers at each bolt put it almost in the very middle of spec (i'm on sportlines).

Got an email, asking how many to put w/ sportlines, didn't check the date on the above post ^^^, but now everyone knows.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

eclipseman1999Oct-04-05 02:32 PM
Member since Jul 25th 2003
973 posts,
#28066, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 14

Whats the difference between that kit or the 5$ one that is bolts and washers just like that one

Shawn
99 Eclipse RS
Hahn Stage 2,Full built bottom end with je 8:8 and eagle rods ect..

WickedESiOct-06-05 05:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#28077, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 15
Oct-06-05 05:24 AM by WickedESi

Originally posted by eclipseman1999
Whats the difference between that kit or the 5$ one that is bolts and washers just like that one

The strength of the bolts/washers.

Also, something to note about the washers in the ingalls kit, they are THICK (each washer adjusts about .4-.5* camber), zinc plated, aircraft grade washers. They won't flex under load, so your bolts don't experience bending (which would fatigue and break them).

These camber spacers are significantly more stressed than your STOCK bolts. Do you feel fine increasing the stress on the bolts over stock, and decreasing the strength over stock at the same time (what happens when you use Home Depot bolts).

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

injendsmOct-06-05 03:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#28081, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by WickedESi
I got my car aligned this morning, and they fine tuned the camber by subtracting some of the washer's I didn't need. Sears has this Ingalls kit in there computer at their aligning stations.

so can sears order the kit or can they just align the car with that kit on there? i dont think that question even makes sense but hopefully you will understand what im getting at.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

WickedESiOct-06-05 08:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#28082, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 17

I think Sear can order Ingalls products, but I bet it won't be as cheap as you could get it online from the link I posted.

injendsmOct-07-05 06:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#28094, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 18

I think Sear can order Ingalls products, but I bet it won't be as cheap as you could get it online from the link I posted.

i wouldnt think so. would they be able to install it?

www.gregsorrells.com

WickedESiOct-07-05 10:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#28096, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 19
Oct-07-05 10:43 PM by WickedESi

Yeah you wouldn't think. But they have them in there computers, part numbers, instructions on how to use them, etc... They can install them, but it will probably cost extra (not for the rear spacer kit, but for the front). I was charged any extra for them to adjust mine.

injendsmOct-08-05 05:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#28102, "RE: The $25 INGALLS proper camber adjustment"
In response to Reply # 20

Yeah you wouldn't think. But they have them in there computers, part numbers, instructions on how to use them, etc... They can install them, but it will probably cost extra (not for the rear spacer kit, but for the front). I was charged any extra for them to adjust mine.

as long as they can install it, i dont mind paying for it. i just dont have any tools really at my apt and the people at the apt complex office dont allow anyone to work on their cars in the parking lot.

www.gregsorrells.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18406 Previous topic | Next topic