Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28091
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoROct-07-05 06:25 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28091, "Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues"

So I take my car to get aligned yesterday.. Car gets put on the rack. Guy there can only adjust the Toe, because he does not know how to adjust the camber with my car and does not know how to put the kit on. Strait off the bat, if you cant adjust it or do it.. Don't fucking touch it. They told me they could do it so they started fiddling at it. Toe is adjusted and he says well I don't know how to put this camber kit on, and I have alot of other cars to finish before we close. So I am like fine thinking it will be ok I will bring it back later and they will fix the rest.. Ok so tonight I am driving on some bumpy roads and here a clank.. im like hmm new exhaust must have bottomed out.. clunk clunk.. Ok either i hit a piece of metal or something just fell off my car.. I keep driving, then I'm like these roads are to bumpy time to re adjust the suspension. So I am under the hood what to I fine.. the piston from the struts on both sides are like this / \ pointed on an angle... look a little closer and on the drivers side the rubber mounting gasket and washer and bolt are not there.. Explains it thats what fell off the car. Now the big question is.. Could this improper alignment have caused induced stress on the suspension causing this to just fall apart like this. Un-fucking believeable.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues [View all] , EclipseTenzoR, Oct-07-05 06:25 PM
  RE: Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-07-05 06:44 PM, #1
RE: Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues, EclipseTenzoR, Oct-07-05 06:46 PM, #2
      RE: Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-08-05 02:46 AM, #3
           RE: Pepboys Broke My Car.. Alignment Issues, grain, Oct-10-05 04:35 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #28091 Previous topic | Next topic