Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4016
View in linear mode

Subject: "LC-1 Wideband Reading" Previous topic | Next topic
95eclipseSlowAug-21-08 07:40 AM
Member since Apr 21st 2007
271 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4016, "LC-1 Wideband Reading"

i calibrated the wideband sensor programmed it using the programmer and on megatune it keeps reading either 10.57 or 19.96 at idle. Im pretty sure somethings not right.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, mreigle, Aug-21-08 08:12 PM, #1
RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-22-08 04:22 AM, #2
      RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, mreigle, Aug-22-08 04:39 AM, #3
           RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-22-08 05:30 AM, #4
                RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, mreigle, Aug-22-08 05:42 AM, #5
                     RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-22-08 06:01 AM, #6
                          RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, mreigle, Aug-22-08 06:22 AM, #7
                               RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-22-08 06:45 AM, #8
                                    RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-22-08 06:56 AM, #9
                                    RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, mreigle, Aug-22-08 07:05 AM, #10
                                         RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-22-08 08:15 AM, #11
                                              RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, mreigle, Aug-22-08 08:25 AM, #12
                                                   RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-22-08 10:45 AM, #13
                                                        RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, mreigle, Aug-22-08 11:55 AM, #14
                                                             RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-22-08 08:42 PM, #15
                                                                  RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-23-08 12:50 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, 95eclipseSlow, Aug-25-08 06:34 AM, #17
                                                                            RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading, mreigle, Sep-11-08 01:37 PM, #18

mreigleAug-21-08 08:12 PM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
426 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4018, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 0

I have the same issue. I have soldered all ground wires and still the same thing. It does start working evry now and then without reason but then goes back to this same state. All grounds are soldered to a 10 ga wire in separate locations. The wire is ran to the block. I recalibrated once and it worked for a while then it went back to doing the same thing. I am running the 12v power source on a toggle switch rather than a switched 12v souce.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95eclipseSlowAug-22-08 04:22 AM
271 posts,
#4019, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 1

same here, sensor recalibration did nothing for me and im running power from the igniton wire, chassis ground. It sucks because i cant drive my car unless i have an accurate afr. No afr= No tuning.

mreigleAug-22-08 04:39 AM
426 posts,
#4020, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 2

Just for accuracy in research my sensor is in the stock rear o2 bung and the wires are run under the drivers seat.

95eclipseSlowAug-22-08 05:30 AM
271 posts,
#4021, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 3

my wideband o2 sensor is about 6-8 inches away from the front o2 sensor. I just tried different ground and still the same thing. It reads a constant 19.97afr no matter if i rev it or let it idle. When i open logworks the gauge display on there says 30.8 and fluctuates between 30-33 afr

mreigleAug-22-08 05:42 AM
426 posts,
#4022, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 4

The reason I have mine on a toggle is because sometimes if I switch it on and off a couple times it starts working.

95eclipseSlowAug-22-08 06:01 AM
271 posts,
#4023, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 5
Aug-22-08 06:03 AM by 95eclipseSlow

i just regrounded it to my MS ground and the afr readings are the same still. How do i fix this (besides using a toggle)? Which setting do you have in your megatune configurator?

Innovate_LC1_Default
Innovate_1_2_Linear
Innovate_0_5_Linear

mreigleAug-22-08 06:22 AM
426 posts,
#4024, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 6
Aug-22-08 06:30 AM by mreigle

;###############################################################################
;## DO NOT edit this file in the MegaTune release directory, edit the copy ##
;## in your car-specific directory. That would be ##
;## ##
;## C:/Program Files/MegaSquirt/car1/mtCfg/settings.ini ##
;## ##
;## in the standard installation. ##
;###############################################################################

MTversion = 2.25

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Pick a base configuration.
; Exactly one of these configurations must be "#set" and all the rest must
; be "#unset".

#group CODE_VARIANT "Code Variant"
#unset DFI "David Hooke's Ducati FI "
#unset DUAL_TABLE "Guy Hill and Eric Fahlgren's Dual Table variant"
#unset MSNEDIS "James Murray and Dave Hayne's MSnEDIS ignition variant"
#unset MSNEDISmod "Roger Enns's MSnEDIS variant with staged injection"
#unset MSNS "Magnus Bjelk's MSnS ignition variant"
# set MSNS_EXTRA "James Murray and Phil Ringwood's MSnS extensions"
#unset MS_ECU "Robert Hiebert's EEC-IV replacement code"
#unset MS_I "Bowling and Grippo MegaSquirt"
#unset MS_II "Bowling and Grippo MegaSquirt-II"
#unset PIC_SQUIRT "PIC squirt"
#endgroup

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Pick an idle air controller setup, exactly one of these must be #set and the rest
; must be #unset. Only known to be valid for MegaSquirt-II.

#group IDLE_CONTROLLER "Idle Control Gauge Type"
#unset FIDLE_GAUGE "ON/OFF Fidle Valve"
#unset PWM_GAUGE "PWM Idle Valve (e.g., Ford or Bosch)"
# set IAC_GAUGE "Stepper motor IAC controller (e.g., GM)"
#endgroup

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Pick an O2 sensor setup, exactly one of these must be #set and the rest
; must be #unset. None of this is applicable to MS-II, see all the
; calibration options under the Tools menu when using standard B&G MS-II code.

#group LAMBDA_SENSOR "Lambda Sensor Type"
#unset NARROW_BAND_EGO "Narrowband Sensor"
#unset WB_1_0_LINEAR "Wideband in NB Emulator Mode, 0-1v 1.5:0.5 Lambda"
#unset AEM_LINEAR "AEM Gauge AEM-30-42xx"
#unset AEM_NON_LINEAR "AEM UEGO Controller AEM-30-230x"
#unset DIYWB_NON_LINEAR "DIY-WB or Tech Edge non-linear output"
#unset DYNOJET_LINEAR "DynoJet Wideband Commander"
#unset TECHEDGE_LINEAR "Tech Edge sensor giving 0-5V 9-19:1 AFR"
#unset INNOVATE_1_2_LINEAR "Innovate sensor giving 1-2V 10-20:1 AFR"
#unset INNOVATE_0_5_LINEAR "Innovate, PLX 0-5V 10-20:1 AFR"
# set INNOVATE_LC1_DEFAULT "Innovate LC-1 default, 0-5v = 0.5-1.5 lambda"
#unset ZEITRONIX_NON_LINEAR "Zeitronix Non-linear WB"
#unset WB_UNKNOWN "Wideband sensor but none of the above types"
#endgroup

#unset LAMBDA "Display Lambda instead of AFR in Gauges"

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#group Fueling_Algorithm "Fueling Algorithms (Speed Density DEFAULT)"
; Some code variants have been modified to allow alpha-N, almost
; none have MAF support, so beware of partial implementations in
; ini files.

# set SPEED_DENSITY "Speed Density Fueling Algorithm (Off=Alpha-N)"
# unset ALPHA_N "Alpha-N fueling Algorithm"
# unset AIR_FLOW_METER "Use an Air Flow Meter rather than a MAP sensor for fueling algorithm"
#endgroup

#unset CELSIUS "Temperature Units"
; Turn this on to enable degrees C everywhere.

; Leave set if you have a modern video card with lots of color depth,
; unset to use Brad's "colors08b.ini" if you have an 8-bit/256-color map.
# set COLOR_24_BITS "Use Full Colors (Off=Restricted Colors)"

# set KPa "Gauges all in kPa (otherwise some PSI)"

#group MAP_SENSOR "Map Sensor Type"
#unset MPX4115 "MPX4115 - 115 kPa, Usually only on v1.01 boards"
#unset MPX4250 "MPX4250 - 250 kPa, Default MAP sensor since v2.2 hardware"
;obsolete GM300KPa "GM 3.0 BAR - 300 kPa"
; Incorrect info from http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/pics/mapm/mapm.html
; Correct info from http://www.not2fast.com/electronics/component_docs/MAP_12223861.pdf
; Use MPXH6300A instead of GM300KPa, they have identical specifications.
# set MPXH6300A "MPXH6300 - 300 kPa" ; http://www.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/data_sheet/MPXH6300A.pdf
#unset MPXH6400A "MPXH6400 - 400 kPa" ; http://www.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/data_sheet/MPXH6400A.pdf
#endgroup

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-22-08 06:45 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4025, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 7

Mark, if your running a catalytic then your sensor must be in fron tof the cat.

For both of you, are you running any inline resistor on the output wire of the innovate?

Terry

95eclipseSlowAug-22-08 06:56 AM
271 posts,
#4026, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 8

no i read that you only needed to do that if you have an older one.

mreigleAug-22-08 07:05 AM
426 posts,
#4027, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 8

I have a racing cat that is hollow through the center.

I am runing the wire (brown I think) straight from the lc-1 to the megasquirt.

95eclipseSlowAug-22-08 08:15 AM
271 posts,
#4028, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 10

would an external wastegate with NO dump tube cause my wideband to give wacky numbers?

mreigleAug-22-08 08:25 AM
426 posts,
#4029, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 11

It shouldn't

95eclipseSlowAug-22-08 10:45 AM
271 posts,
#4030, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 12

Do this to test your controller/wiring.

Take your wideband o2 out of your exhaust and give the sensor power.
Have megatune and or logworks software open and look at the afr.
On logworks it should say 20% oxygen in a grey writing.
Take a lighter and let the butane gas fumegate into the o2 sensor.
The afr should start decreasing and stop at or around 8.
If the afr is still not accurate try doing a free air calibration.
After the free air calibration test it again.
If your reading isn't accurate its your controller/wiring.
If your reading is accurate you have an exhaust leak.

I definately have an exhaust leak. I don't know if it's from having an external wastegate with no dump tube or if its from a bad exhaust manifold gasket,but I am going to trace it down and then see how the afr is. Hopefully this helps.

mreigleAug-22-08 11:55 AM
426 posts,
#4031, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 13
Aug-22-08 11:55 AM by mreigle

I don't have an exhaust leak.

This test worked for you?

95eclipseSlowAug-22-08 08:42 PM
271 posts,
#4032, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 14

yes it worked for me.

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-23-08 12:50 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#4033, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 15

Your wastegate is not plumbed into the downpipe?

95eclipseSlowAug-25-08 06:34 AM
271 posts,
#4034, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 16

no. could this be causing my crazy readings?

mreigleSep-11-08 01:37 PM
426 posts,
#4066, "RE: LC-1 Wideband Reading"
In response to Reply # 17

My issue was a faulty sensor.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #4016 Previous topic | Next topic