Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #236
View in linear mode

Subject: "Megasquirt - What it can do..." Previous topic | Next topic
MrSlickSep-21-04 02:45 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#236, "Megasquirt - What it can do..."

Alright, I've been kinda quiet of late... that's becuase I've been working on some very special development code for the Megasquirt...
Well the big news is this:

We now have code that will deocode and use the factory Crank Position Sensor...

What does this mean? Quite simply the Megasquirt will be able to run full fuel and full ignition control! Using the stock crank sensor!

Along with this new code and hardware mods come the following features:

1.) Full fuel control - 2 x 8x8 fuel tables, soon to be 2 x 12x12 tables.
2.) Full Ignition control - 2 x 12x12 spark tables, selectable during operation.
3.) Launch control - variable 2 step launch control / studder box system.
4.) Target AFR - closed loop control under boost using a wideband o2.
5.) Knock detection - Detect and respond to knock, programable ignition retard.
6.) Overboost protection
7.) Boost Control
8.) Fan Control - Programmable
9.) Shift Light
10.) Nitrous control - Dry and Wet
11.) Anti-Lag control
12.) Water injection control
13.) Temperature Compensation - Of course!

The Ignition feature is still undergoing testing and development... the Crank decoding code is running on my car as we speak, with full ignition to be tested in a few days. All the other features have been tested and are present and working.
Soon I will also be working on testing a 3 Bar MAP sensor and setting it up for use in the code...

I thought I would let everyone in on what was coming int he very near future, so that people could make an informed decision about what to do with their fuel system.
This post is not aimed at derailing any other fuel systems... in fact for some people I would suggest they go with something simpler...
While you do not have to be a rocket scientist to run a Megasquirt... it is not for everyone.

If anyone has any questions on the Megasquirt system feel free to contact me via email:
turbo2gnt@gmail.com

And I am currently taking orders for Megasquirts also.

Discuss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., Teamdougie2, Sep-20-04 05:42 PM, #1
RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., MrSlick, Sep-20-04 05:46 PM, #2
      RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., BlueMoonEclipse, Sep-20-04 05:58 PM, #3
           RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., CrashedMax, Sep-21-04 01:09 PM, #4
           RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., Kirby, Sep-21-04 01:12 PM, #5
                RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., Teamdougie2, Sep-21-04 01:42 PM, #6
                     RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., MrSlick, Sep-21-04 02:33 PM, #7
                          RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., siueclipse, Sep-22-04 04:24 AM, #8
                               RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., MrSlick, Sep-22-04 05:13 AM, #9
                                    RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., siueclipse, Sep-22-04 05:20 AM, #10
                                         RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., siueclipse, Sep-22-04 07:32 AM, #16
                                         RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., MrSlick, Sep-22-04 08:17 AM, #18
                                              MS advantage over EIC, TeamJasonESi_T, Sep-24-04 10:24 AM, #28
                                                   RE: MS advantage over EIC, siueclipse, Sep-24-04 10:29 AM, #29
                                                        RE: MS advantage over EIC, MrSlick, Sep-24-04 11:42 AM, #30
                                                             RE: MS advantage over EIC, TeamJasonESi_T, Sep-24-04 02:52 PM, #31
                                                                  RE: MS advantage over EIC, siueclipse, Sep-24-04 03:17 PM, #32
                                                                       RE: MS advantage over EIC, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Sep-24-04 03:23 PM, #33
                                                                       RE: MS advantage over EIC, TeamJasonESi_T, Sep-24-04 03:37 PM, #34
                                                                            RE: MS advantage over EIC, siueclipse, Sep-24-04 06:12 PM, #35
RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., Skrilla, Sep-22-04 06:06 AM, #11
RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., turbo8u, Sep-22-04 06:17 AM, #12
RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., Super20G, Sep-22-04 06:44 AM, #13
      RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., xtrickedeclipsex, Sep-22-04 06:53 AM, #14
RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., MrSlick, Sep-22-04 07:21 AM, #15
      RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., Teametx, Sep-22-04 08:10 AM, #17
           RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., TeamXtremeRS, Sep-22-04 12:50 PM, #19
                RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., MR BLUNT 2gnt, Sep-22-04 01:22 PM, #20
                RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., MrSlick, Sep-22-04 03:43 PM, #22
                RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., MrSlick, Sep-22-04 03:32 PM, #21
                     RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., MR BLUNT 2gnt, Sep-22-04 05:38 PM, #23
                          RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., MrSlick, Sep-22-04 05:42 PM, #24
                               RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., Kirby, Sep-23-04 12:10 PM, #25
                                    RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., Edisondaman, Sep-23-04 08:58 PM, #26
                                         RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..., MrSlick, Sep-24-04 01:23 AM, #27

Teamdougie2Sep-20-04 05:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#237, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 0

I want to be the first to thank you for these great developements and contributions to the 420A community. This is some of the coolest shit to happen in a long-ass time. This means that we'll finally be able to make some BIG power with the 420A.

The ignition control, 3-bar MAP sensor, and 12x12 tables are very important to me. As soon as these are fully operational I'm sold on it.

Actually, I'm very interested in helping test these new components. I have extensive modifications and may be able to contribute in some way. Let me know what you currently have available for sale.

Great job!

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MrSlickSep-20-04 05:46 PM
1120 posts,
#238, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by dougie2
I want to be the first to thank you for these great developements and contributions to the 420A community. This is some of the coolest shit to happen in a long-ass time. This means that we'll finally be able to make some BIG power with the 420A. The ignition control, 3-bar MAP sensor, and 12x12 tables are very important to me. As soon as these are fully operational I'm sold on it. Actually, I'm very interested in helping test these new components. I have extensive modifications and may be able to contribute in some way. Let me know what you currently have available for sale. Great job!

Thanks for the vote of confidence dougie.

The ignition control and 12x12 tables will be here very soon, and probably before the 3 bar map sensor... partly because I dont have a 3 bar map to test with yet... I need to get one.

As far as how you can help, let me know what you have in mind...
Also, my stocks are low right now, and parts are being ordered.
I may have 1 or 2 MS units that are not spoken for... but they will go very quickly. After that it will be first come first served on the new batch coming...

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

BlueMoonEclipseSep-20-04 05:58 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2003
1352 posts,
#239, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 2

Best thing is that if you allready have MS in your car when MS2 comes out...its prety much snap out old chip...in with the new

That and since its open source it continuosly keeps geting improoved upon by people like Slick

vote for your choice of body style for Bluie!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/bluemooneclipse

CrashedMaxSep-21-04 01:09 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2003
239 posts,
#240, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 3

These can be used in other cars also right? Like if I install one in my Eclipse, but I plan on selling it in 2-3 years to buy a BMW, could I run the MS in the BMW?

1999 Black w/black leather GS 10th Anniversary OZ edition
5 speed
Modz:
HRC Stage 2+ 16G turbo
Viper 650.2 components
Image Dynamics IDQ12 sub
Avionixx 600.4 amp

KirbySep-21-04 01:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#241, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 3
Sep-21-04 01:16 PM by Kirby

I like the looks of all of this new info, and I think I will make this upgrade at some point as well. My only question goes back to the whole big injector issue. Do you have to run an insainly low fuel pressure to idle them or are you controlling it all through pulsewidth with the ms? I also want to thank you for the developement on this system. I still believe the EIC is a great and worthwile system, but for my future power goals it seems the upgrade is inevetable. (SP?)
Also is the MS capable of using any wideband O2?

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

Teamdougie2Sep-21-04 01:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#242, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 5
Sep-21-04 01:43 PM by dougie2

>>My only question goes back to the whole big injector issue. Do
>>you have to run an insainly low fuel pressure to idle them or are
>>you controlling it all through pulsewidth with the ms?

The MS controls injector pulsewidth so you can run whatever fuel pressure you want, within reason. I'm running the Accel DFI and RC 720cc peak/hold injectors and my base fuel pressure is 45 PSI. MS can do the same thing just fine.

>>Also is the MS capable of using any wideband O2?

I think you'll need the MS2 for that. I know the UltraMS is supposed to take it a step further and have drivers for Lambda sensors.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

MrSlickSep-21-04 02:33 PM
1120 posts,
#243, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 6

I'm running 780cc injectors on my 2.0 420A.
I have static idle fuel pressure set at 43.5 psi.

With the Megasquirt you run normal fuel pressures... that's what it's designed for.

As far as Wideband, yes you can use a wideband with the normal MS.
Any normal wideband controller that can outpout a 5v wideband voltage can be used. I'm using a TechEdge v2.0 with my MS...

With the latest code you can even do "Target AFR" basically you tell it what AFR you want to run... and it adjusts closed loop under boost if you want it to... You still need the VE table pretty close though obviously.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

siueclipseSep-22-04 04:24 AM
Member since Nov 28th 2002
3504 posts,
#244, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 7

One question: How many points of fuel curve calibration does the MS offer?

MrSlickSep-22-04 05:13 AM
1120 posts,
#245, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by siueclipse
One question: How many points of fuel curve calibration does the MS offer?

The code right now offers 8x8 tables...
Very soon it will offer 12x12 tables.

Now of course MS interpolates between these points...

And yes, an 8x8 table is enough points to tune a turbocharged motor... If anyone says otherwise then I'd like to hear their arguments for it!

Any other questions?

Oh and Siu, one other advantage over the PF is that with the MS you can make changes on the fly, whilst running... with the PF as far as I know this is not possible.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

siueclipseSep-22-04 05:20 AM
3504 posts,
#246, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 9

you can make changes on the fly with the PF. one advantage that the Pf has over MS now.. the PF can do over 4000 points of adjustment to the fuel curve.

if im reading your statement right.. it seems that the MS can only do 64 points of adjustment.

siueclipseSep-22-04 07:32 AM
3504 posts,
#247, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 10

you can make changes on the fly with the PF. one advantage that the Pf has over MS now.. the PF can do over 4000 points of adjustment to the fuel curve. if im reading your statement right.. it seems that the MS can only do 64 points of adjustment.

MrSlickSep-22-04 08:17 AM
1120 posts,
#248, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 10

you can make changes on the fly with the PF. one advantage that the Pf has over MS now.. the PF can do over 4000 points of adjustment to the fuel curve. if im reading your statement right.. it seems that the MS can only do 64 points of adjustment.

Sorry but your wrong...

The MS has an infinite number of points, because it interpolates between the points you set...

An 8x8 fuel grid is enough detail to configure a turbocharged engine... trust me I know. Any more points than that and you actually make things more complicated for yourself...

If you look at the formula used to calculate the fuel needed in the MS:

PW = REQ_FUEL * VE * MAP * E + accel + Injector_open_time

You will see that the MAP sensor is just as involved as the VE table...

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

TeamJasonESi_TSep-24-04 10:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#249, "MS advantage over EIC"
In response to Reply # 18
Sep-24-04 10:28 AM by JasonESi_T

One point to add about MS advatages over any AIC or EIC that's so important but perhaps not as obvious. If an injector ever fails in a MS or a stock 4 injector setup, you merely have no fuel in that cylinder and therefore no danger of detonation or preignition (ala knock). However, one thing that always concerned me about my EIC setup is that if I ever had an injector fail me, and I was in some heavy boost, I might not know before it's too late. That cylinder would run dry with the failing injector, but I'd get just enough fuel to create big problems with knock and resulting cylinder/piston damage. If an injector fails, in a 4 injector setup, you're only looking at a quasi-fuel cut, which is although not fun, it's not engine damaging.

Other obvious advantages include cost savings, ease of installation, timing control, more precise fueling, no difficulties with fuel atmoziation or fuel transition from primaries to secondaries...etc.

REally, let's not even get into which setup is better really. A full standalone is always going to be better. And since the cost is so relative with the MS, it makes the decision so much simpler.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

siueclipseSep-24-04 10:29 AM
3504 posts,
#250, "RE: MS advantage over EIC"
In response to Reply # 28

if you have an injector fail, i dont see how only having 4 injectors compared to 8 is going to lead to less damage. if you have an injector fail youre going to blow something up.. period. maybe i need mroe explaination on exactly wy you think what you said.

MrSlickSep-24-04 11:42 AM
1120 posts,
#251, "RE: MS advantage over EIC"
In response to Reply # 29

if you have an injector fail, i dont see how only having 4 injectors compared to 8 is going to lead to less damage. if you have an injector fail youre going to blow something up.. period. maybe i need mroe explaination on exactly wy you think what you said.

Theink about it... if one injector fails when you have 4 injectors... that is the injector stops working... you get NO fuel in that cylinder... no fuel means nothing... no damage.

But if you lose one of your injectors when you have 2 per cylinder... your going to be still running in that cylinder... but LEAN as fuck!

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

TeamJasonESi_TSep-24-04 02:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#252, "RE: MS advantage over EIC"
In response to Reply # 30

Originally posted by MrSlick
Originally posted by siueclipse if you have an injector fail, i dont see how only having 4 injectors compared to 8 is going to lead to less damage. if you have an injector fail youre going to blow something up.. period. maybe i need mroe explaination on exactly wy you think what you said.
Theink about it... if one injector fails when you have 4 injectors... that is the injector stops working... you get NO fuel in that cylinder... no fuel means nothing... no damage. But if you lose one of your injectors when you have 2 per cylinder... your going to be still running in that cylinder... but LEAN as fuck!

Exactly. Thanks for the elaboration.

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

siueclipseSep-24-04 03:17 PM
3504 posts,
#253, "RE: MS advantage over EIC"
In response to Reply # 31

how can no fuel = no damage? wouldn't that cylinder still be running lean which the others are pumping gas?

MR BLUNT 2gntSep-24-04 03:23 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
#254, "RE: MS advantage over EIC"
In response to Reply # 32

If theres no fuel in the cylinder when spark happens then there is no combustion process. You need fuel in there for a lean condition.

400whp or bust.

TeamJasonESi_TSep-24-04 03:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#255, "RE: MS advantage over EIC"
In response to Reply # 32
Sep-25-04 06:30 AM by JasonESi_T

how can no fuel = no damage? wouldn't that cylinder still be running lean which the others are pumping gas?

No hablas ingles?

lean = little fuel

fuel cut = no fuel

If the injector isn't working, then no fuel is getting to that cylinder.

Cylinders aren't "connected." Hypothetically, you could have three cylinders properly combusting with one not doing anything, hence the non-burning cylinder.

3 things to combust: air, spark and gas. Without all 3, nothing happens.

Therefore, what would happen if I blocked off a TB, pulled a aprk plug wire, or pulled the fuel pump fuse (or a fuel injector, or a conenctor to a fuel injector)...the car or cylinder would NOT burn or combust.(not run)

The stock ECU programs in the ability to cut fuel (or spark) when something damaging may happen, such as exceeding allowable RPM's.

It's all pretty standard stuff...

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

siueclipseSep-24-04 06:12 PM
3504 posts,
#256, "RE: MS advantage over EIC"
In response to Reply # 34

I see. Thanx

SkrillaSep-22-04 06:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#257, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 0

how long do these things take to ship...I'd like to get one

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

turbo8uSep-22-04 06:17 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#258, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Skrilla

lol

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Super20GSep-22-04 06:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#259, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 12
Sep-22-04 06:47 AM by Super20G

I don't think you could ever argue that the MS will always be better than a AIC unit like the PF, expecially with all the progress going on with the MS, You can change the code it runs on, control everything under the sun, and do it all a lot cheaper.

The only advantage the PF has over the MS, to my knowledge, is just simplicity. Set it, forget it, use your OEM stuff unless your in boost, easy to install, don't have to wrap your head around a 'stand-alone type of solution'.

In the end, I am sure you would be able to squeeze more power out of the MS than an AIC, or I would sure hope so with all that extra tuning ability. So if that is your desire, to be the fastest.... Looks like that is the route to follow.

xtrickedeclipsexSep-22-04 06:53 AM
Member since Oct 12th 2003
620 posts,
#260, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 13

We should be asking...What cant it do? lol
---------------------------------------
http://forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=32830
"Oh yea, well...My manifold does cool twisty things"
Http://www.EnhancedMotorSports.com ...

MrSlickSep-22-04 07:21 AM
1120 posts,
#261, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Skrilla

Check your email skrilla...

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

TeametxSep-22-04 08:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#262, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 15
Sep-22-04 08:11 AM by etx

Originally posted by MrSlick
Originally posted by Skrilla how long do these things take to ship...I'd like to get one
Check your email skrilla...

I'll build ya one J.

Seems a bit redundant. My PC has 1gig of ram and your has 512 meg, but my ram is running at 66mhz and your is running at 400mhz. Whos better off?

TeamXtremeRSSep-22-04 12:50 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#263, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 17
Sep-22-04 12:51 PM by XtremeRS

Once all the ignition is worked out and perfectly running, I'm sold on the MS..Much much cheaper than a full standalone, but you have complete control/tunability of both fuel and ignition. Think about it, that's all we really need anyway..let the stock ECU take care of the other smaller details

Lee: Do you suggest waiting for a MS until the UMS is "ready" or am I getting this confused?

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

MR BLUNT 2gntSep-22-04 01:22 PM
793 posts,
#264, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 19

I have to be honest, i thought lee was some corperate sell out with how much he pushed the damned ms in every post. It turns out the dude is pioneering one of the biggest break throughs we have seen in some time. I 've run the 8 inj setup w/ a ton of sucess and never thought twice about my setup. Once the ignition stuff is working like a charm i probably will be investing in a ms. You can't look down on the tunability of the unit and it is leagues past a eic/aic setup. The nice thing about it is anyone can improve on the software involved and share with the rest of us. After helping my buddy tune his 99 gsx w/ a EMS i'm kind of sold on a standalone. Just the logging capabilities of the EMS makes it a worthy investment. Hopefullly the MS can put it in a similar format. It looks like a worth while investment for my beast. Kudos to you senior slick.

400whp or bust.

MrSlickSep-22-04 03:43 PM
1120 posts,
#265, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt
I have to be honest, i thought lee was some corperate sell out with how much he pushed the damned ms in every post. It turns out the dude is pioneering one of the biggest break throughs we have seen in some time. I 've run the 8 inj setup w/ a ton of sucess and never thought twice about my setup. Once the ignition stuff is working like a charm i probably will be investing in a ms. You can't look down on the tunability of the unit and it is leagues past a eic/aic setup. The nice thing about it is anyone can improve on the software involved and share with the rest of us. After helping my buddy tune his 99 gsx w/ a EMS i'm kind of sold on a standalone. Just the logging capabilities of the EMS makes it a worthy investment. Hopefullly the MS can put it in a similar format. It looks like a worth while investment for my beast. Kudos to you senior slick.

Thanks man. I really do push the MS so much not cause I have any stake in it or anything, it's just because I love what it can do for us! And the reason I make and sell them is not too make a profit, it's to help those out who either cant make one, or are too intimidated to try...

Peace ya'll.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

MrSlickSep-22-04 03:32 PM
1120 posts,
#266, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Once all the ignition is worked out and perfectly running, I'm sold on the MS..Much much cheaper than a full standalone, but you have complete control/tunability of both fuel and ignition. Think about it, that's all we really need anyway..let the stock ECU take care of the other smaller details Lee: Do you suggest waiting for a MS until the UMS is "ready" or am I getting this confused?

The UMS or Ultra MegaSquirt is not going to be around for a long while yet... I don't expect to see it this side of chrisytmas for sure... it's just not there yet.

When it arrives though it will be the item to have... but alas we have to wait.

For now the MS and the extra code that's available to do the things mentioned in this thread make it almost too good to say no to... at least in my opinion.

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

MR BLUNT 2gntSep-22-04 05:38 PM
793 posts,
#267, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 21

Where will the UMS be in terms of pricing for the dyi guys? Any estimate i guess.

400whp or bust.

MrSlickSep-22-04 05:42 PM
1120 posts,
#268, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 23

Originally posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt
Where will the UMS be in terms of pricing for the dyi guys? Any estimate i guess.

They're saying not too much more than the regular MS... but the board will require some surface mount chips on it...

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

KirbySep-23-04 12:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#269, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 24

I may have missed it somewhere in the thread here but what will the UMS do that the current MS with code upgrades is not able to handle?

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

EdisondamanSep-23-04 08:58 PM
Member since Sep 21st 2003
24 posts,
#270, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 25

A few quick questions, does the current MS work with the Megajolt and EDIS?
Who sells the Megajolt right now? I want to get the MS and control the ignition with the Megajolt ignition and Ford EDIS.
I already have the EDIS module, the crank trigger wheel and the magnetic pickup.
Is the Megajolt reliable?
I was hoping the new MSnEDIS would come out sooner then 6 months but at those prices I can upgrade later correct?

go fast or go home

MrSlickSep-24-04 01:23 AM
1120 posts,
#271, "RE: Megasquirt - What it can do..."
In response to Reply # 26

Originally posted by Edisondaman
A few quick questions, does the current MS work with the Megajolt and EDIS? Who sells the Megajolt right now? I want to get the MS and control the ignition with the Megajolt ignition and Ford EDIS. I already have the EDIS module, the crank trigger wheel and the magnetic pickup. Is the Megajolt reliable? I was hoping the new MSnEDIS would come out sooner then 6 months but at those prices I can upgrade later correct?

Howdy,

Why do you want to use Megajolt? You do NOT need Megajolt to use the Ford EDIS setup...

You can use the current Megasquirt'N'Edis to run the EDIS ignition setup no problem...

Or... you can use the same code as I'm using, and have it running in EDIS mode

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #236 Previous topic | Next topic