Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectMegasquirt - What it can do...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=236&mesg_id=236
236, Megasquirt - What it can do...
Posted by MrSlick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Alright, I've been kinda quiet of late... that's becuase I've been working on some very special development code for the Megasquirt...
Well the big news is this:

We now have code that will deocode and use the factory Crank Position Sensor...

What does this mean? Quite simply the Megasquirt will be able to run full fuel and full ignition control! Using the stock crank sensor!

Along with this new code and hardware mods come the following features:

1.) Full fuel control - 2 x 8x8 fuel tables, soon to be 2 x 12x12 tables.
2.) Full Ignition control - 2 x 12x12 spark tables, selectable during operation.
3.) Launch control - variable 2 step launch control / studder box system.
4.) Target AFR - closed loop control under boost using a wideband o2.
5.) Knock detection - Detect and respond to knock, programable ignition retard.
6.) Overboost protection
7.) Boost Control
8.) Fan Control - Programmable
9.) Shift Light
10.) Nitrous control - Dry and Wet
11.) Anti-Lag control ;)
12.) Water injection control
13.) Temperature Compensation - Of course!

The Ignition feature is still undergoing testing and development... the Crank decoding code is running on my car as we speak, with full ignition to be tested in a few days. All the other features have been tested and are present and working.
Soon I will also be working on testing a 3 Bar MAP sensor and setting it up for use in the code...

I thought I would let everyone in on what was coming int he very near future, so that people could make an informed decision about what to do with their fuel system.
This post is not aimed at derailing any other fuel systems... in fact for some people I would suggest they go with something simpler...
While you do not have to be a rocket scientist to run a Megasquirt... it is not for everyone.

If anyone has any questions on the Megasquirt system feel free to contact me via email:
turbo2gnt@gmail.com

And I am currently taking orders for Megasquirts also.

Discuss. :)
I generated this page in 0.0099291801452637 seconds, executing 6 queries.