Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #766
View in threaded mode

Subject: "In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Jun-19-06 08:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#766, "Poll question: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
Jun-19-06 08:05 AM by DR1665

Please share your thoughts on the subject. Thank you.

EDIT:
While you're at it, please share your opinions on what you think attracts the most members as well as what keeps people from hanging around.

This thread is being watched. Thank you.

Poll result (113 votes)
More technical. (32 votes)Vote
More community. (5 votes)Vote
A better balance between the two. (76 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
TeamDR1665Jun-21-06 12:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#780, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 10

Thanks, Jason. Appreciate your input.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cc8ballaJun-21-06 01:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#781, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 11
Jun-21-06 01:13 PM by cc8balla

Originally posted by DR1665
Thanks, Jason. Appreciate your input.

Np, if my input is helpful, then it's worth the effort.

BTW, and this is a little off-topic, but I think TreeFrog is gone from T2G. I think he's getting an '06 Honda something with a 6 spd. Perhaps an S2K, or an Si. Just thought I'd mention that.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

TeamDR1665Jun-21-06 01:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#782, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by cc8balla
Originally posted by DR1665 Thanks, Jason. Appreciate your input.
Np, if my input is helpful, then it's worth the effort. BTW, and this is a little off-topic, but I think TreeFrog is gone from T2G. I think he's getting an '06 Honda something with a 6 spd. Perhaps an S2K, or an Si. Just thought I'd mention that.

Good for him. He was a douche from day one.

MalenkoJun-23-06 09:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#789, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 13

it would be best if some guids were made out of the old threads, while searching can yeild some fantastic results, it can also get you a buttload of useless ones. Ive been takin my digital camera out everytime I do something on my car in hopes of the pictures being useful to other/future members.

Also, itd be great if the main 2gnt.com looked like the main www.mp3car.com page a simple "where do you wanna go selector" thats both easy to use, and easy to look at.

totaleclipse_05Jun-23-06 10:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1486 posts,
#790, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 14

Since we are kind of talking about the layout, I would kind of like to see 2GNT maybe utilize the VBulletin layout. This is the only DSM forum I visit that hasn't started to use that software and I can navigate around that type pretty easily compared to this kind. Not sure if something like that is feasible, but that would be my suggestion.

On the Technical or Community, I would say lean more toward technical. I don't usually post here to see what everyone is doing or anything, I usually go here to find out answers to questions I may have or to see if there is anything I can help with. I have a local DSM board I go to for community so this is more of a techincal forum for me.

I guess it would be kinda nice to have both community and technical together so that's what my vote will be for.

Mike D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DR1665
You're welcome to all the beer you can drink, but you have to go get it yourself. Don't get pissy when we point to the fridge and tell you to get it yourself.

.bs0dJun-23-06 10:44 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
#791, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 0

technical vote here.

i think the site needs re-designed and forums updated. the content is great, but visually, 1990's IMO.

keep movin' forward! Thanks for all the great info, we alwyas want more and more!

Teamner947Jun-23-06 11:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#792, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt
i'm all for a NABR style ruling

"That's A Huge Bitch"

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

vegasdsmrJun-23-06 11:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#793, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 16

i voted technical..

i came here back in 1999 when i bought my 2gnt...

i still come back around just to shoot the shit and see what peeps are up to..

i dont post too much nonsense as to not add any clutter to the site..

cheers

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

EclipseTenzoRJun-23-06 11:36 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#794, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 17

I like a good change every once and awhile, I thought the site needed a change a few years ago but got slammed for discussing it.

So here is my chance. First off I'd like to agree that we do have 50-60 some active members that have been here for a long time and know quite a bit. It's always good to attract a new audience because there is always something new to be learned. I think we should update the visual because yes it is the 21st century. And maybe add some things to the site to help members interact a little more and know a little more about the members of the site and their vehicles. I'd like to see a photo gallery that members can have, with somewhat of a dsmregistry type setup. A much more user friendly layout, updated reviews/technical maybe organize that better and make it easier to find. I could go on, and on. I think we will gradually make the change and 2gnt will be improved upon alot. If finances are a tight, I personally wouldnt mind pitching in some money to help raise bandwidth and help with site costs.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

edxmonJun-23-06 12:20 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#795, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 18

I know im a Boon, compared to all of you, but here is my opinion. I voted "A better balance between the both" because some of the stuff is still to technical for me. You guys use a bunch of acronyms and nicknames for things I dont even know, and I'm kinda scared to ask because im afraid to get yelled at and stuff. So i believe building a stronger community will in turn invite people to really get involved and feel that they can come here for answers aswell as contribute to the already enourmous amount of knowledge. Anyways thats just my 2cents.

On anoher point, I also agree with a more modern lay-out. 2GNT is nice and simple, easily navigated (for me atleast) But I would like to make it look nicer. I dont know if im coming across clear here, but what I mean are things like: Instead of a reply "link" a "button" and stuff like that you know? In short "Windows Xp" it.

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #766 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic