Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #766
View in threaded mode

Subject: "In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Jun-19-06 08:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#766, "Poll question: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
Jun-19-06 08:05 AM by DR1665

Please share your thoughts on the subject. Thank you.

EDIT:
While you're at it, please share your opinions on what you think attracts the most members as well as what keeps people from hanging around.

This thread is being watched. Thank you.

Poll result (113 votes)
More technical. (32 votes)Vote
More community. (5 votes)Vote
A better balance between the two. (76 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
TeamDR1665Jun-26-06 06:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#818, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 38

Originally posted by cc8balla
Originally posted by Logo99Dsm not sure if i count here
Why wouldn't you count here? I'm sure Brian and the rest of the SC are happy to hear from nnew members. Everyone has a voice, remember that. It's just the people with stupid voices that get the shit.

Everyone who steps up to the mic and offers sincere commentary such as yours counts. This is actually my favorite thread on the board right now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

THEBALLIN1Jun-26-06 08:51 AM
Member since Sep 28th 2004
176 posts,
#819, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 41

NABR rules is great imo because it forces people to be active members before posting in the forsale section and such...

This is why dsmtrader.com is closed because of the easy access to the site and the way many scammers manipulated users.

-EE

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/>

thedawgJun-26-06 09:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#820, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 42

Team NABR Forum Rules

# Your display name must be set to some variation of your first and last name. For example, John Doe, Doe John, jdoe, johndoe, and johnd are acceptable. Exceptions exist for veteran members, but the use of Internet monikers has been deprecated. If an admin or moderator asks you to adjust your display name, then you must conform.

# Do not take any information from our Forums and post it to other sites. We have various measures in place to link your login name to your activity. Violators will lose their account.

# Your full name is required in your profile. If you have concerns, please see our privacy policy.

# Your full geographic location is required in your profile. For example: 'Birmingham, AL' not 'Alabama'. If you have concerns, please see our privacy policy.

# Speak English, use proper grammar and do not use internet slang or teen speak. Terms like 'lol', 'rofl', etc. are not allowed.

# FNGs are not allowed to use the Parts Trader in any shape, form or fashion without prior approval from an admin.

# Do not make introductory posts when you become a member. We don't care to swap pleasantries. Instead, get yourself active in real threads and make a name for yourself the right way.

# Always search before posting a new thread. Hopefully you can find something we haven't already discussed.

# Do not hide your email address on the board. You must keep it visible to other users.

# Do not post images in threads. Instead, reference them using links.

ModeratorxcasbonxJun-26-06 10:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#821, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 43
Jun-26-06 10:24 AM by xcasbonx

I voted for a better balance between the both.

I think you hit the nail on the head Brian about new members needing to display an amount of effort, understanding, and follow-through with their questions/posts. I think the hardest part is for new members that have new ideas, how are they to know that some of their ideas have been thrown out there before by older members who have came and gone and never followed-through? I guess you would have to be able to carry yourself well enough to handle criticism from others...which goes back to what I said about needing members to display understanding and ability.

I think the hardest thing here would be trying to come up with some kind of notice or bulletin to new and existing members, that would let them know that posting "OMG HELP ME CAR WONT START" and then in the thread they have no reasoning or state whats happening when they turn the key etc. I think you've already done something similiar to this, Brian. Maybe on the main site we can add a RULES link or something like that...you get my point I think.

On the pages graphics/style...personally I've grown attached to the visuals of 2GNT. Sure the home page could use some sprucing up, but I think the actual forums are layed out very well for reading and making navigation simple. A lot of other forums (Not necesesarily car forums) I've noticed they seem like they are out of this world and are a pain to navigate. This is something I would not like to see happen to 2GNT...again thats just my opinion.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

TeamDR1665Jun-26-06 10:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#822, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 43

Haha. That's right. I remember being one of those morons who wasn't smart enough to follow instructions and, so, was denied membership. Ah well. I'm on too many forums as it is.

Back to our backyard, I definitely think there should be some more rules pertaining to how things are posted in our technical forums. If we have the best database of technical information for the 2GNT, then we should act like it, however I don't think we need to create interest based on exclusivity of membership.

At the same time, perhaps we could have invitation-only forums for certain subjects. People could read through them, but not post unless vouched for.

Hmmm...

cc8ballaJun-26-06 11:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
451 posts,
#823, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 45
Jun-26-06 11:03 AM by cc8balla

Originally posted by DR1665
At the same time, perhaps we could have invitation-only forums for certain subjects. People could read through them, but not post unless vouched for. Hmmm...

Good point. Then if the person granted access to those exclsive forums makes an ass of himself (or herself for you ladies out there) could be denied access, but still be able to read the forum. And also agreed about stepping up and making stricter rules in the tech section. This is the best 2gnt database on the intarweb, so it should be treated with professionalism, and not constant questions that have been answered 200 times before.

It would be NABR style, as some of us want, including myself, but not as strict so it is to the liking of others. I'd like to get on NABR, just to see what it's like, and maybe learn a little more. That's if they have the tech database 2gnt does. Question though, how would it be determined if a member is "qualified" to be in the "exclusive" forums? Would there be a training ground per se? Or a rep points system like Tuners has?

Damn guys, if only government would work as good as we seem to be in this thread. Rock on.

Jason|1997 Eclipse RS

I contributed to the wiki!

happy p'ple

MalenkoJun-26-06 11:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#824, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 45

some sort of time and thread count goal needing to be reached before allowing access to the classified is still an idea I fully support. I absolutely hate it when I see "FS:ECLIPSE STUFF" click it, and its the members first post.

Also, I like the idea of having geographical data mandatory, especially for the classifieds.

Anyways, back to lurking

Keith2172Jun-27-06 07:43 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#827, "RE: In which direction would you like to see 2GNT move?"
In response to Reply # 47

I too am big on the idea of State and city being included in SN's, but this is more to sustain my own particular penchant for stalking. I haven't found a single 2GNT'r within 100miles of me (Except for Ivan when he occasionally makes it up here) and I'm lonely. Maybe a better way to meet local 2gnt'rs, like a regional sub-forumn or something.

Hosting of pics would be great, it's always been hard for me to figure out how to post pics, and I've always hated how the pictures have no uniform size/display (and that damned number tag that Photobucket attaches).

Changing the background to a darker color may make it easier on the eyes, this is a bitch suggestion, but anything is welcome right?

Now this is asking a lot more of the mods, but maybe a mod or two that are always in chat specifcally for technical advice, or a dedicated tech chat room, with a little flag that states when a deity is present. Something so that you always have someone to go bounce shit off of when you're workin' on a new project and need to get info now.

Cheese, just because no one else has suggested it yet.

Glad to see you guys taking steps in the right direction, 2GNT has always been a great place for knowledge, but has been rather boring lately with the constant barrage of same questions and other little nuances. And thanks for reminding me to donate a little cash, I know it's been a while (sorry guys)

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

Top Team 2GNT Community 2GNT Site/Forum Questions topic #766 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic