Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #510
View in linear mode

Subject: "eclips982nrRST" Previous topic | Next topic
corsagsboOct-19-08 11:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#510, "eclips982nrRST"

Cylinder head was purchased knowingly with intent to reuse on car.

Being that at my place of business we build Corvettes and Vipers for competitve use, I had our engine builder look over the head and place it on the jig.
It turns out that it had been milled prior by quite a bit, and nearly an additional.035-.040 of material is neccessary for removal due to pits, excessive marks and a deep bow in the middle of the head.It is scrap at this point due to not being able to guaranty cam centers being aligned with the required work.
I have sent a couple emails to notify Mike of the particulars and have not heard anything.

Incidentally, he has since postewd info on his recent cylinder head build-up.

--------------------------------------
know me as santiago
boosted 420a and ej2o..(my 2liter v8 eaters)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: eclips982nrRST, eclipse982nrRST, Jan-20-07 01:11 AM, #1
RE: eclips982nrRST, corsagsbo, Jan-22-07 03:27 AM, #2
      RE: eclips982nrRST, corsagsbo, Jan-25-07 07:48 AM, #3
           RE: eclips982nrRST, corsagsbo, Jan-31-07 07:46 AM, #4
                RE: eclips982nrRST, dsmtuner1, Feb-01-07 07:38 AM, #5
                     RE: eclips982nrRST, corsagsbo, Feb-02-07 06:31 AM, #6
                          RE: eclips982nrRST, corsagsbo, Feb-06-07 12:18 PM, #7
                               RE: eclips982nrRST, corsagsbo, Feb-12-07 04:22 AM, #8
RE: eclips982nrRST, corsagsbo, Apr-03-07 10:26 AM, #9
RE: eclips982nrRST, xceler8, Apr-11-07 04:48 PM, #10
eclipse982nrRST, eklipz, Oct-19-08 11:07 AM, #
RE: eclipse982nrRST, eklipz, Oct-19-08 11:07 AM, #
RE: eclipse982nrRST, busch4103, Oct-19-08 11:07 AM, #
RE: eclipse982nrRST, eclipse982nrRST, Oct-19-08 11:07 AM, #
RE: eclipse982nrRST, corsagsbo, Oct-19-08 11:07 AM, #11

eclipse982nrRSTJan-20-07 01:11 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#512, "RE: eclips982nrRST"
In response to Reply # 0

This is the biggest crock of bullshit I have ever seen!
You never sent me one email or PM. The first PM you sent me, I replied to the same day when I got it!

This guy gets the head and leaved me feedback on 2gnt that states:
"good seller. prompt shipment of a part purchased that was in the condition he stated." and this was on dec 8, 2006.

Now a month and 2 weeks later he is saying its garbage. Blah. I dont send out junk to 2gnt, and these members that purchase things from me know it. I wont rip someone off for some measely money. I deffinately KNOW that head was unmilled, it came off my old stock motor with 43k on it, thats just bullshit right there. Anyway if there was a problem with it, I wouldnt have sent it to, I am not a dumbass I know what is trash and what isnt and that head deffinatly was not. If there was a problem with it, you should have spoke up when you got it, not a month and a half later down the road pal. Sorry, not happenin.

And then you want to try and come back and say you find it weary that im building another head, lol. Your going to say anything to make me look bad but whatever. That head that I am building for your information was the head that was on my rebuilt motor that I took off to start porting/polishing practicing on before I started on my 2.4L head. You need to quit talking shit when you have no idea even whats going on in the first place. You havent even posted anything on this site seems like last since you got that head, then your going to chime in on here and start BS.

Whatever, do whatever you have to do, but I can tell you right now, your not going to get anywhere with me. I know what condition the head was in when I sent it to you, and obviously it was OK WHEN YOU RECIEVED IT due your feedback you left me. Maybe your Corvette machinist messed up your head and now you need money back to buy another, sorry not floating my way Paul.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

corsagsboJan-22-07 03:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#514, "RE: eclips982nrRST"
In response to Reply # 1

Mike,

There is no need to turn this into what you have made it. Allow me first to state that this will not become a flame war. If I was at fault in anyway,I would not need to do this over $200.

Plain and simple; I have given you ample time to respond and correct the situation. The fact of the matter is that I travel regulalry for business and had a delay with the holidays. I got around to finally dropping the head off 2 weeks ago when I was making a trip to Decatur. I originally gave you positive remarks due to timeframe involved and upon visual inspection of the part. It wasn't until it was placed in a fixture that the truth came out.
The cylinder head had been milled prior to me recieving it at least once according to the machinist at Lingenfelter. (The volume was measured in the valve area to confirm this.) However the major problem is a bow in the center of the head from a blown headgasket as a result of something catastrophic prior. That just does not happen from being removed off a stock engine with 43000 miles.
This too was even confirmed by a 2nd local shop- Weber Race Engines.

I do not post on here regulalry because I do not need to. I have been a member far longer than you, although it has no bearing on my integrity within this forum as it shouldn't.

You scammed a member and know it is being heard.
I am willing to post images if necessary to confirm that I rec'd the head in this condition. There is enough carbon and sediment on the cylinder head to prove no work has been performed since I got it back in December.

You gave me your home address to send payment, and am willing to personally drop it off the head if you would like.

If you care about your intetgrity or anything pertaining to this forum, do what is right and either find me another head in good condition, or refund me.

know me as santiago

corsagsboJan-25-07 07:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#517, "RE: eclips982nrRST"
In response to Reply # 2

So everyone knows, several more days have passed and still no resolution.

know me as santiago

corsagsboJan-31-07 07:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#521, "RE: eclips982nrRST"
In response to Reply # 3

http://www.bluebayelectronics.com/dougie2/paul/WEBERQUOTE.pdf
--------------------------------------------------------------------
On Friday, 1/26/07 I took these images at my place of work- CORSA
Performance.

The first image proves that there has not been any work performed on the
head since I rec'd it back in Dec from Mike.( DSC02795.jpg)

The second image is of the cylinder head resting flat on a checking
table with a flashlight shining from behind. This clearly shows how much
of a "bow" is in the center of the head by the amount of light
protruding from behind. (DSC02802.jpg)

The third image shows scoring from an incident prior which contributed
towards making this head worthless also.
* note: you can also see the machine marks from when it was surfaced
sometime prior. This thing did not come off a 43000 mile engine as he
stated!

Final image is a close up, length-wise of the head to highlight the
disparity of this thing. (DSC02806.jpg)

Lastly, the quote from Weber after getting a second opinion locally to
me. (weberquote.pdf)

It is quite sad that it has taken me going to these lengths to show that
Mike Homan has scammed a member of this forum. I can understand if at first it was not noticed by the seller upon selling it, however to carry on and
not corrrect the actions after it has been realized, makes you a liar
and also someone of this forum who can not be trusted. Mike Homan has
yet to make amends by finding me a replacement cylinder head or
refunding me my cash.

Mike still has an opportunity to correct the situation, yet again, this will not be a flame war.
That is all.

Paul Santiago

know me as santiago
boosted 420a..(my 2.2liter v8 eater)
02 WRX
95 T/a 383ci
03 Harley XL 92ci w/ NOS

dsmtuner1Feb-01-07 07:38 AM
Member since Jul 03rd 2006
245 posts,
#522, "RE: eclips982nrRST"
In response to Reply # 4

ouch! hard to argue with visual proof.

2 sets of injectors is better than 1 =)

corsagsboFeb-02-07 06:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#523, "RE: eclips982nrRST"
In response to Reply # 5

exactly.
I just want restitution from being sold a turd.

Hopefully anyone who deals with this character will think twice.

santiago
boosted 420a...(my 2.2l v8 eater)
02 WRX
95 T/A 383ci
03 Harley XL 92ci w/ NOS

corsagsboFeb-06-07 12:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#525, "RE: eclips982nrRST"
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-07-07 07:30 AM by corsagsbo

It has been nearly 2 months since I rec'd the cylinder head.
As a last ditch effort he had offered to: "have me send back the head to his house and upon receiving it, would refund me $100"...

Ha- yeah right, how about you cough up the rest of the cash or find another head, then I'll meet with you in person to exchange them out. I have been offered other cylinder heads from members of this forum and also found a salvage yard within 25 mins who has an Avenger and a Talon with complete engines in them. Yet this is all about principal now.
A person is measured by their actions.
I have been more than patient and had given him originally the benefit of the doubt.

Santiago
boosted 420a...(my 2.2l v8 eater)
02 WRX
95 T/A 383ci
03 Harley XL w/ NOS

corsagsboFeb-12-07 04:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#527, "RE: eclips982nrRST"
In response to Reply # 7

Update:
No contact from Scammer-Mike.

Pretty crappy though, I had dyno tuning scheduled for 2/27.

Santiago
boosted 420a...(2.2l v8 eater)
02 WRX
95 T/A 383ci
03 Harley XL 92ci w/ NOS

corsagsboApr-03-07 10:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#537, "RE: eclips982nrRST"
In response to Reply # 0

Update:
Mike Homan never took claim for his actions. I just hope he used the $200 wisely. Obviously it was needed...

However a couple of other forum members have stepped up in a big way. I have since rec'd a replacement that looks amazing and had already been cleaned up beyond my expectations.
I will have an opportunity to install this one within the next couple of weeks and finally get the car off to the dyno for tuning.

Santiago
boosted 420a...(2.2l v8 eater)
02 WRX
95 T/A 383ci
03 Harley XL 92ci w/ NOS

xceler8Apr-11-07 04:48 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2005
269 posts,
#540, "RE: eclips982nrRST"
In response to Reply # 9

Wow,I'm a little dissappointed in mike.
I pulled my head again for the second time with 55k miles on it and it looked nothing like that before I sent it off to be cleaned. I doubt Ohio weather is much worse than rainy WA here, but my head was pretty good with that low of mileage-

Fully Built MS powered 99' GS Sport, Garrett T3/T04e 60 trim with one big ass intercooler!

Yeah, she runs...sorta!

eklipzOct-19-08 11:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
132 posts,
#491, "eclipse982nrRST"

What a CRAPPY valve cover man, i wasted $80 on this piece of junk. Overcharged me on shipping too. he quoted me $30, i said it should be around $20 and it actually came up to be only $18.43 when i got the package. What a big ripoff. Buyers beware, dont buy from this dude. i hope u have karma man.

95 Eclipse GS || Custom 9.6:1 JE Pistons || Eagle H-Beam Rods || MLS Headgasket || SBI Lifters || SBI adjusters || Fidanza Cam Gears || AFX Underdrive Pulley || Melling Oil Pump || 97 Front end Conversion || GTR Wing || MSD Ignition || Accel wires|| AEM Cold Air Intake || P&P intake manifold ||P&P Intake Ports || Jeep TB Mod || EGR Block off plates || NGK Plugs || Front/Rear/Lower Strut bars || VIS coilovers || Clear corners ||custom headliner || in dash LCD screen || PS2 || Eclipse CD player|| 18" Racing Hart C4 || B&M Transcooler || Final Drive Gears || Shift Kit || Energy Suspension Motor Mounts || Torque Converter Kill Switch || Solid front mount ||

eklipzOct-19-08 11:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
132 posts,
#502, "RE: eclipse982nrRST"

pls disregard post,- Issue resolved. Mike helped me out with the valve cover and everything went uphill from there. Great person to deal with and wouldnt mind buying from him again.

95 Eclipse GS || Custom 9.6:1 JE Pistons || Eagle H-Beam Rods || MLS Headgasket || SBI Lifters || SBI adjusters || Fidanza Cam Gears || AFX Underdrive Pulley || Melling Oil Pump || 97 Front end Conversion || GTR Wing || MSD Ignition || Accel wires|| AEM Cold Air Intake || P&P intake manifold ||P&P Intake Ports || Jeep TB Mod || EGR Block off plates || NGK Plugs || Front/Rear/Lower Strut bars || VIS coilovers || Clear corners ||custom headliner || in dash LCD screen || PS2 || Eclipse CD player|| 18" Racing Hart C4 || B&M Transcooler || Final Drive Gears || Shift Kit || Energy Suspension Motor Mounts || Torque Converter Kill Switch || Solid front mount ||

busch4103Oct-19-08 11:07 AM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
20 posts,
#535, "RE: eclipse982nrRST"

I'll go ahead and put my opinion in. I purchased a valve cover painted by Mike and by view of his photo looked perfect, he also stated that the valve cover only had 100 miles on it. Upon recieving it I was very disappointed to see alot of the paint chipped and whomever buffed the lettering burnt the shit out of it with the buff wheel. Also he didn't even have the common courtesy to clean it up. I may be responding quite a while after recieving it, but I'll never buy from him again. By the way sent the cover in to have the junk paint removed and get it chromed. Oh well u win some you lose some.
Lesson learned.

eclipse982nrRSTOct-19-08 11:07 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#513, "RE: eclipse982nrRST"

Originally posted by eklipz
pls disregard post,- Issue resolved. Mike helped me out with the valve cover and everything went uphill from there. Great person to deal with and wouldnt mind buying from him again.

Oh you have much not have even read this whole thread post by the OP because he said:

"pls disregard post,- Issue resolved. Mike helped me out with the valve cover and everything went uphill from there. Great person to deal with and wouldnt mind buying from him again. "

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

corsagsboOct-19-08 11:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
390 posts,
#509, "RE: eclipse982nrRST"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, I was just ripped off by him too... (Another post is coming from me)
Don't know if he has responded to you on any emails, but I sent a couple notes out to him last week and have heard nothing.

know me as santiago

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) Bad Guys topic #510 Previous topic | Next topic