Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #30843
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure" Previous topic | Next topic
snotrocket1998Dec-17-03 07:29 PM
Member since Sep 11th 2003
97 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30843, "FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"

If you are interested in fiberglass enclosures that fit flush with the top of your trunk and fill the space between the back of the rear seat and the back of the trunk then contact me at snotrocket98@comcast.net. I am in the process of designing and making a mold to mass produce these custom enclosures that fit directly in to our 95-99 eclipse. I am looking to sell these enclosures in the neighborhood of $350.00. The kits will include the enclosure, all mounting hardware, and instructions. This will be a great looking piece and definitely help you get points at the shows. just hit me at the email address above and i will send you some pics of the work in progress. Thanks,
Jared

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, Teamner947, Dec-17-03 07:35 PM, #1
RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, WickedESi, Dec-17-03 07:45 PM, #2
RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, RSClipse9d7, Dec-18-03 01:24 AM, #3
      RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, Chamuko, Dec-18-03 11:57 AM, #4
RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-18-03 05:24 PM, #5
      RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-19-03 07:24 AM, #6
           RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, finxster, Dec-20-03 06:31 PM, #7
                RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, python6586, Dec-21-03 07:05 AM, #8
                RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-21-03 06:04 PM, #10
                RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-21-03 06:03 PM, #9
RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, greenenvy95, Dec-22-03 04:01 AM, #11
RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, extreme97nt, Dec-22-03 04:07 AM, #12
RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-24-03 09:48 AM, #13
      RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-26-03 09:18 AM, #14
           RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, Baby-D, Dec-26-03 11:17 PM, #15
                RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-27-03 06:34 AM, #16
                     RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, flamineclipse, Dec-27-03 07:22 AM, #17
                          RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-27-03 11:26 AM, #18
                               RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, cota472, Dec-27-03 03:41 PM, #19
                                    RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, BCIEclipse, Dec-27-03 08:15 PM, #20
                                         RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-28-03 10:58 AM, #21
                                              RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, SanJacinto6404, Dec-28-03 02:58 PM, #22
                                                   RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, pfmicks, Dec-28-03 03:11 PM, #23
                                                        RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, Sigma Chi 200, Dec-28-03 08:09 PM, #24
                                                        RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, Sigma Chi 200, Dec-28-03 08:10 PM, #25
                                                             RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, SanJacinto6404, Dec-28-03 08:48 PM, #26
                                                                  RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-29-03 07:29 AM, #27
                                                                       RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, Sigma Chi 200, Dec-29-03 10:29 AM, #28
                                                                            RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-29-03 02:18 PM, #29
                                                                                 RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-30-03 05:37 PM, #30
                                                                                      RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, CVedEclipse, Dec-30-03 06:06 PM, #31
                                                        RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, pfmicks, Dec-30-03 07:12 PM, #32
                                                             RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-31-03 08:16 AM, #33
                                                                  RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-31-03 11:14 AM, #34
                                                                       RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, djtrickee, Dec-31-03 11:56 AM, #35
                                                                            RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-31-03 12:37 PM, #36
                                                                                 RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, turbo8u, Dec-31-03 12:40 PM, #37
                                                                                      RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Dec-31-03 09:01 PM, #38
                                                                                           RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, BuckNutty, Jan-02-04 06:23 AM, #39
                                                                                                RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Jan-05-04 10:50 AM, #40
                                                                                                     RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, 96rs-t, Jan-05-04 02:08 PM, #41
                                                                                                          RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure, snotrocket1998, Jan-07-04 06:31 PM, #42

Teamner947Dec-17-03 07:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30844, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like a reasonable price. if i was in the market i'd highly consider it.

about a year and a half ago when i built my spare tire well fiberglass box it took over 2 days of bending over the rear hatch to make it. what a PITA! my back hurt for weeks after that and my car smelled like fiberglass for a month. taking out all of that metal spare tire well crap with a cutoff wheel wasn't fun either. i'd assume that this similar location would take about the same amount of work to do. if i was mass producing spare tire well boxes i'd probably charge at least $275 for them because they're not any fun to make.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiDec-17-03 07:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#30847, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by ner947
sounds like a reasonable price. if i was in the market i'd highly consider it. about a year and a half ago when i built my spare tire well fiberglass box it took over 2 days of bending over the rear hatch to make it. what a PITA! my back hurt for weeks after that and my car smelled like fiberglass for a month. taking out all of that metal spare tire well crap with a cutoff wheel wasn't fun either. i'd assume that this similar location would take about the same amount of work to do. if i was mass producing spare tire well boxes i'd probably charge at least $275 for them because they're not any fun to make.

Yeah, my car smelled like fiberglass for two weeks. I had a buddy helping me cut out the metal supports for the spare and he almost cut his finger off with the die grinder. Hospital and stitches...

Here's what mine looks like:

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

RSClipse9d7Dec-18-03 01:24 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#30857, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 2

Some pics would be help these sell.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

ChamukoDec-18-03 11:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#30885, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 3

Im interested if you make some for the sides. The space between the rear wall and the rear tire well, where the stock cd chager goes.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

snotrocket1998Dec-18-03 05:24 PM
97 posts,
#30907, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks guys, i really appreciate the interest! I think the boxes i am making look excellent. I saw in some of these threads you guys might have been confused about my boxes and really need to see some pics. The box i am selling fits flush with the top of the trunk not the floor of it. I am having a brain fart right now and really need some help on how to post pictures on here, can one of you guys help me out so i can show you my product prototype. Either that or i can email them to you!
Jare

snotrocket1998Dec-19-03 07:24 AM
97 posts,
#30940, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 5

hey guys, get me your emails and i will get some pics out to you of the prototype. ner947 saw some pics last night and thought it looked pretty dope. Thanks,
Jared

finxsterDec-20-03 06:31 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2003
252 posts,
#31031, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 6

I'm interested. Send pics to bdauber@charter.net

http://photos.freeserve.com/public/detail.html?c_album=400479
Member#3206(LOL)

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself...

where the hell is the ceiling?

python6586Dec-21-03 07:05 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
656 posts,
#31046, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 7

interested as well, python6586@fast.net

Mods:
CAI, OBX exhaust, Grillcraft grills, altezzas, ard ryver g6 17's wrapped w/ falken's, VIS racing c.f hood, 2 12" kicker comp's w/pioneer h.u, streetglow blue undercars, red dash kit, indiglo guages, n other shit

snotrocket1998Dec-21-03 06:04 PM
97 posts,
#31068, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 8

same for you man, love the red, I have sent you some pics, hope you like it,
Jared

snotrocket1998Dec-21-03 06:03 PM
97 posts,
#31067, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 7

hey man, i just sent you an email with some pics, your car looks great, I love the RED. This box would be pretty dope in there painted RED. Thanks again man, we'll be in touch
Jared

greenenvy95Dec-22-03 04:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
96 posts,
#31075, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 0

If you can send me a pic to Eclipsegrn@aol.com. Im interested

extreme97ntDec-22-03 04:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#31076, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 11

Ill take one two paulmummolo@comcast.net
thanks

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph

snotrocket1998Dec-24-03 09:48 AM
97 posts,
#31201, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 11

hey guys, I just sent you two pics of the enclosure. I hope that you like them, I just had some requests to add a plexiglass window directly in front of the speakers so that an amp can be mounted below and be seen from above. I can definitely do that. I just wanted to update everyone. If anyone else wants pics feel free to write to snotrocket98@comcast.net or simply reply here with your email address and I will reach you, thanks,
Jare

snotrocket1998Dec-26-03 09:18 AM
97 posts,
#31271, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 13

bump:o

Baby-DDec-26-03 11:17 PM
Member since Dec 27th 2003
6 posts,
#31314, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 14

I'd love to see some pics. Send them to: crazycartoonist@hotmail.com

Thx

snotrocket1998Dec-27-03 06:34 AM
97 posts,
#31325, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 15

hey buddy, i just sent you some pics

flamineclipseDec-27-03 07:22 AM
Member since Jun 13th 2003
675 posts,
#31326, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 16

I'd like to see them also. chrisreed@frontiernet.net

snotrocket1998Dec-27-03 11:26 AM
97 posts,
#31333, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 17

nice car man, the graphics and wheels look great, I just sent you some pics

cota472Dec-27-03 03:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
827 posts,
#31343, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 18

pics please cota472@yahoo.com

BCIEclipseDec-27-03 08:15 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2002
592 posts,
#31350, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 19

y don't you just post the pics and safe yourself the hassle

snotrocket1998Dec-28-03 10:58 AM
97 posts,
#31363, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 20

hey man, i am not really sure how to post graphics on here thats why, cota472 I just sent you your pics via email. Also I never mentioned that the best thing about this enclosure is that it is extremely easy to remove for when you go to the track. I have designed it with you weight reduction guys in mind and it is extremely easy to get in and out,
Jared
thanks again for all your interest

SanJacinto6404Dec-28-03 02:58 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
628 posts,
#31369, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 21

hmmm, hit me up, send me some pics to sanjacinto6404@yahoo.com

Dave-

pfmicksDec-28-03 03:11 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1349 posts,
#31370, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 22

I want pics....... pfmicks@msn.com

I'll post them on this thread if you want btw

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

Sigma Chi 200Dec-28-03 08:09 PM
Member since Feb 02nd 2003
74 posts,
#31381, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 23

send me some pics also......lukegravel@hotmail.com

Sigma Chi 200Dec-28-03 08:10 PM
74 posts,
#31382, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 24

messed that up lukegravel#hotmail.com

SanJacinto6404Dec-28-03 08:48 PM
Member since Nov 25th 2003
628 posts,
#31383, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 25

lol bro, try lukegravel@hotmail.com

snotrocket1998Dec-29-03 07:29 AM
97 posts,
#31398, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 26

hey guys, i just got all your replies out to the email addresses that you specified. Thanks,
Jared

Sigma Chi 200Dec-29-03 10:29 AM
74 posts,
#31402, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 27

there it is, thanks

snotrocket1998Dec-29-03 02:18 PM
97 posts,
#31420, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 28

Hey everybody, the thread was getting so long that I just wanted to recap what it was about in case you dont want to read them all. I have designed a fiberglass speaker enclosure that sits flush with the top of the trunk and completely fills the area behind the rear seat. This box is very different from most fiberglass enclosures in the fact that it was designed with you weight reduction guys in mind. It is very light to begin with but the greatest feature is that it is completely removable. If any of you guys want to see pics then give me your email address and I will get you the pics.

snotrocket1998Dec-30-03 05:37 PM
97 posts,
#31505, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 29

bump

CVedEclipseDec-30-03 06:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#31510, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 30

i wouldnt mind seeing pics.. wong13@hotmail.com

why not put them up in this thread.. would be MUCH easier.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

pfmicksDec-30-03 07:12 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1349 posts,
#31520, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 23

Originally posted by pfmicks
I want pics....... pfmicks@msn.com I'll post them on this thread if you want btw

I never got pics

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

snotrocket1998Dec-31-03 08:16 AM
97 posts,
#31547, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 32

hey guys, i just sent out your pics

snotrocket1998Dec-31-03 11:14 AM
97 posts,
#31562, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 33

hey guys, i am overwhelmed by the interest that everyone has shown in these enclosures that I have designed. I am definitely going to be getting my nose to the grindstone to get the prototype finished and then I can get custom made fiberglass enclosure out to you guys for just a little more than it costs to buy a good qaulity front bumper. Keep the email addresses coming guys to be a part of the mailing list when the prototype is complete.
Jared

djtrickeeDec-31-03 11:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#31565, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 34

Why dont you just post the pics here. It would be SOOOOO much easier for everyone if they didnt have to keep emailing you for pics. That way you wouldnt be overwhelmed with it all...

-Chris b.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

snotrocket1998Dec-31-03 12:37 PM
97 posts,
#31570, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 35

its a good overwhelmed, and i havent posted pics on here because I can not figure out how, also, I am only showing pics now of the prototype and figure that by getting the email addresses now I can build a mailing list for when the product is finished and ready for sale. Thanks,
Jared
It's not really a hassle to send an email

turbo8uDec-31-03 12:40 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#31572, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 36

Originally posted by snotrocket1998
its a good overwhelmed, and i havent posted pics on here because I can not figure out how, also, I am only showing pics now of the prototype and figure that by getting the email addresses now I can build a mailing list for when the product is finished and ready for sale. Thanks, Jared It's not really a hassle to send an email

its not a hassle to post a picture either.

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

DarkOne> Screw you guys, i'm going home.
chrysler kid> and fyi i have never HAD to shave.
DR1665> I'm sure your Talon and my Talon are all there needs to be, since we're the only two Talons that really matter around here

Originally posted by sarahdr1665
...some girls like the "nerdy" guys

snotrocket1998Dec-31-03 09:01 PM
97 posts,
#31589, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 37

next time tell me how to post the pictures instead of telling me i need to do it, i have said it before, I DO NOT KNOW HOW

BuckNuttyJan-02-04 06:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#31670, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 38

go to www.mustangmods.com and sign up for an account

you can upload 25 images...make sure they are the correct format

.jpg is usually the norm

then upload the images from your computer to mustang mods and copy the address that they give you

then cut and paste it into a reply box on 2gnt.

that simple

or jus email them to whuzyodaddy@yahoo.com and i could post em up for you

snotrocket1998Jan-05-04 10:50 AM
97 posts,
#31906, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 39

anybody else?

96rs-tJan-05-04 02:08 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#31929, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 40

send me some pics! @ habits909@msn.com

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

snotrocket1998Jan-07-04 06:31 PM
97 posts,
#32135, "RE: FS: Custom Fiberglass Speaker Enclosure"
In response to Reply # 41

i sent them man

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #30843 Previous topic | Next topic