Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #21083
View in linear mode

Subject: "WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer" Previous topic | Next topic
Pitchblack98Aug-23-03 06:51 AM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21083, "WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"

I have a full Air ride suspension kit. It consists of 4 air rods, a 3 gallon tank, 2 accumulator for soft ride, 300 psi competition valves on an aluminum manifold (these will hop your car if your running CO2 or NO2 thru them), 10 switch red plexi switch box (front, back, side to side, pancake, seesaw and individual wheel), and 2 1/4 horsepower compressors that will fill the tank to 150 psi in about a minute and a half. The parts you will need are the mounting brackets for the struts and 3/8" air line. The kit comes with all the fittings youll need and what ever airline i have that was cut to fit a civic. I paid $1450 for this kit with the upgraded compressors and vavles. (shipping is about $125 cause there are a lot of parts and of the total weight). I will pay all of the shipping if the laptop is fairly decent.

Im starting school on monday and was supposed to have one by now but i havnt had the money or the time to look for one. I was gonna put this kit on my car but my education is more important than my car. (thought Id never say something like that before.)

I need something close to 1 gig processor, 256k ram, the bigger the screen the better, cd burner (dont exactly need one but it would be nice), perfer a built in network connection but doesnt need it. Thats what im looking for. If you have one you want to get rid of just post the specs on it here or email me and Ill decide if it will work for me. Im in school for structural engineering and use autocad 2004 and some other high end structural programs.

Here are some pics.

complete kit

Switch box

300psi competition vavles

struts

misc air line

compressors

3 Gallon Tank and accumulators

If you have any questions please ask.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Pitchblack98, Aug-25-03 08:31 AM, #1
RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Sorry_i_Win, Aug-25-03 01:13 PM, #2
      RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Sorry_i_Win, Aug-25-03 01:34 PM, #3
           RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Weezle745, Aug-25-03 02:32 PM, #4
           RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Pitchblack98, Aug-25-03 03:09 PM, #5
                RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Pitchblack98, Aug-25-03 03:11 PM, #6
                     RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Weezle745, Aug-25-03 06:36 PM, #7
                          RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Pitchblack98, Aug-26-03 03:55 AM, #8
                               RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Sorry_i_Win, Aug-26-03 11:54 AM, #9
                                    RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Pitchblack98, Aug-26-03 12:05 PM, #10
                                         RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Sorry_i_Win, Aug-27-03 11:02 AM, #11
                                              RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Sorry_i_Win, Aug-28-03 10:25 AM, #12
                                                   RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Pitchblack98, Aug-28-03 11:38 AM, #13
                                                        RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, BlitzdEclipse99, Aug-28-03 01:34 PM, #14
                                                             RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer, Pitchblack98, Aug-28-03 02:37 PM, #15

Pitchblack98Aug-25-03 08:31 AM
1691 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21197, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 0

Anyone?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Sorry_i_WinAug-25-03 01:13 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#21222, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 1

I own a computer shop and I have a used (about 1 year old) laptop that i may be willing to trade. Also included is a spare brand new battery (usually around $80-100), all manuals, cds, and carrying case. Here are the specs:

KDS - Valiant 6480
Intel Pentium III 800MHz
14.1" TFT display
256 MB RAM
Windows ME
DVD drive
1.44 FDD
20GB HDD
56K Modem
10/100MBps Ethernet
Brand New Li-Ion battery

Standard Features
Video : Trident CyberBLADE Ai1 2x AGP Video w/ 8 MB (UMA)
LCD Resolution : 1024x768
CRT Resolution : up to 1280x1024
LCD Color Depth : 18 bit (260K) max
External CRT Color Depth : 24-bit (16M) max
Audio : PCI
Modem : Integrated 56K PCI
Network : Integrated 10/100 LAN + 56K Modem Combo Mini-PCI Module
Navigation : Two-button Touch Pad
Controller : PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
Floppy : 1.44 MB Integrated Floppy Drive
PCMCIA : 1 Type III PCMCIA Slot (CardBus and ZV Supported)
Dimension : 12.2" x 10" x 1.5"
Ports : 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 1 FIR/IrDA, 2 USB, 1 15-pin D-Sub VGA, 1 PS/2 Keyboard or Mouse, 1 Mic/Line In, 1 Line/Speaker Out, 1 RJ-11 (Modem), 1 RJ-45 (for optional LAN module)

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Sorry_i_WinAug-25-03 01:34 PM
1910 posts,
#21223, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 2

oh.. what's the range of heights available and do i still use my existing springs or no? has anyone here done this successfully to an eclispe yet? Any major work that'll need done. just wondering if i can raise the car up high enough to make it drivable in the snow again. I was goin to buy a seperate car for the winter, but this may be a better alternative.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Weezle745Aug-25-03 02:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#21229, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 3

i dont need your suspension but if you sell it and want to buy a laptop from me let me know...

what i have is a used Compaq 906us

amd xp 1500+ (outpreforms p4s at 1.5ghz)
256mb ram
14" screen
xp pro
ill even throw in a free laptop case (BRAND NEW)

let me know

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

Pitchblack98Aug-25-03 03:09 PM
1691 posts,
#21234, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 3

>oh.. what's the range of heights available and do i still use
>my existing springs or no? has anyone here done this
>successfully to an eclispe yet? Any major work that'll need
>done. just wondering if i can raise the car up high enough to
>make it drivable in the snow again. I was goin to buy a
>seperate car for the winter, but this may be a better
>alternative.

This is pretty much a 100% bolt on kit. The only thing you need are the brackets for the air cylinders. the brackets i have right now are for a Del Sol. Ill include those brackets cause you can use the lower front mount on an eclipse. Brand new brackets cost about $150 but ive priced having them fabricated and it was like $50. as for range of height your car will sit about an inch off the ground and im not 100% sure on how high up it will go, but im guessing about an inch or 2 above fractory. I was able to change the oil on my Del Sol with these without jacking up the car. still used jack stands cause you never know if i hose blowns or not. I hope that answers any questions you have. If you want more info or pics let me know. I have pics of them on my Del Sol all the way up and all the way down. if you want a few email me and ill send em.

Pitchblack98Aug-25-03 03:11 PM
1691 posts,
#21236, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 5

and that laptop will more than likely work for me. I maybot be able to run a few programs at the same time but its no big deal to close one to run another if i have to. Does it have speakers built into it and could you send me some pics of it.

Weezle745Aug-25-03 06:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#21250, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 6

>and that laptop will more than likely work for me. I maybot
>be able to run a few programs at the same time but its no big
>deal to close one to run another if i have to. Does it have
>speakers built into it and could you send me some pics of it.

who? me? or sorryIwin?

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

Pitchblack98Aug-26-03 03:55 AM
1691 posts,
#21261, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 7

sorry i win.. sorry about that

Sorry_i_WinAug-26-03 11:54 AM
1910 posts,
#21290, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 8

you can run quite a few programs at once on it. my brother was the previous owner and he is a graphic designer. He always ran quite a few programs at the same time (usually kazza, a few IE sessions, Photoshop, Winamp, and DC++). I'll try to get some pics of it for tomorrow. I don't think shipping should be that bad tho. $125 seems quite steep. Let me know if you want me to pay shipping and how much. Box it all up, gimme dimensions and wieght and we'll see how much it's gonna cost.

Pitchblack98Aug-26-03 12:05 PM
1691 posts,
#21293, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 9

Im thinking the weight on everything total will be about 75 lbs. Just the vavles weight about 25 to 30 lbs. There will be multiple packages which may save on shipping a bit than packing it all together. When i bought the kit it was about 95 for shipping if i remember correctly. but everything was packed in like 2 boxes and they were pretty big. Ill try to get a total weight and figure out how many packages it would be.

Sorry_i_WinAug-27-03 11:02 AM
1910 posts,
#21362, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 10

ok.. here are pics of the laptop

Sorry_i_WinAug-28-03 10:25 AM
1910 posts,
#21450, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 11

get back to me when u have shipping costs. thanx

Pitchblack98Aug-28-03 11:38 AM
1691 posts,
#21459, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 12

i sent you a PM...

BlitzdEclipse99Aug-28-03 01:34 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2002
388 posts,
#21470, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 13

Are those AIR MANIFOLDS or AIR VALVES? If they are air valves then it's well worth the money, with manifolds you'll be waiting all day to pick the front end up, espcially with only 3/8" line. Not trying to kill your sale or anything, but just letting 'em know you'll need to swap some parts to make it run right on an eclipse.

Custom Computers
http://www.virtual-octane.net

Pitchblack98Aug-28-03 02:37 PM
1691 posts,
#21479, "RE: WTT air ride suspesion for a Laptop computer"
In response to Reply # 14
Aug-28-03 02:39 PM by Pitchblack98

they are electric vavles. I could hop my del sol when i had it running 250 psi off of CO2. You can pretty much raise the car almost instantly as long as you have a good 150 psi in the tank. The only parts that need to be swapped are the top mounts for the cylinders and the rear bottom mounts. The front bottom mounts work perfectly on an eclipse. They are the same.

Top Team 2GNT Marketplace 2GNT Buy / Sell / Trade (BST) topic #21083 Previous topic | Next topic