Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107768
View in linear mode

Subject: "My turbo project 1 year along the build...." Previous topic | Next topic
CyexmasterApr-08-10 01:04 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
324 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107768, "My turbo project 1 year along the build...."

First off I want to thank all of the members here for being part of this great community. And specially to those that helped me out when I needed parts or advise. I could not have gotten this far with out all the knowledge here.

The car is a 98 Eclipse GS it's green, in good shape. 150+ K on it before the build...

I already had it boosting on stock internals for about a year when the bolts that hold the throttle plate decided to take a ride! Actually it was my fault becuase when I put the bolts on I forgot to locktite them and a few months later the came off..

For some reason I drove my car home like that in forth gear shutting it off once once it boosted and then starting it again a few times till I got to my house... I was kinda near... But still, I wa sure those small bolts where either on the cylinders or the turbo if the went thru the cylinders. So I had to open up the engine after removing the head and looking at perfect cylinders y took off the intake mani to find the bolts on the intake ports of the head. Long story short then and there I decided to build my engine before I put it back. Will be a year now when April ends but I am almost done.

Now for the pics...:hellyeah:

This was the engine removal in search for the bolts...

Pistons and rods: don't looki to bad after a year of boost 10-15 sometimes more (that time when the vacuum line on the WG popped off and I did not notice the overboost, but the car was pulling like crazy!..lol )

One the bolts that went to the ports...

This was the engine bay before all that incident....:ohdamn:

Now for the upgrades and nice parts I got while the project develops...

Some paint on the interior I forgot to to pics of them installed sorry..

Forged pistons and rods... JE 8.8:1 Comp 88mm ( 0.020 OB) and Eagle H Beams.
Yes they are used, I'm am a college student so $$ flow aint that big.. :

Status- Need to do break-in...

Try not to challenge me, I'd rather tie up than lose. Either way you NEVER WIN.... - Me..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

My turbo project 1 year along the build.... [View all] , Cyexmaster, Apr-08-10 01:04 PM
  RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Apr-08-10 01:06 PM, #1
RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Apr-08-10 01:07 PM, #2
RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., 420agreenvilleSC, Apr-08-10 01:42 PM, #3
      RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Apr-08-10 08:39 PM, #4
           RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-08-10 08:51 PM, #5
           RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Ebster1085, Apr-08-10 08:54 PM, #6
RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., AdministratorCODE4, Apr-09-10 04:42 PM, #8
RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Babbz413, Apr-09-10 02:07 PM, #7
RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Apr-09-10 05:12 PM, #9
      RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., mitsu95023, Apr-09-10 08:09 PM, #10
           RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, May-02-10 06:48 PM, #11
                RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, May-02-10 08:06 PM, #12
                     RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, May-02-10 08:19 PM, #13
                          RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., megaskillz, May-04-10 07:54 AM, #14
                               RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., dalesmitsu, May-04-10 06:54 PM, #15
                                    RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, May-04-10 07:43 PM, #16
                                         RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., RoninEclipse2G, May-05-10 12:47 PM, #17
                                              RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, May-05-10 04:55 PM, #18
                                                   RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., RoninEclipse2G, May-05-10 06:43 PM, #19
                                                        RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Ebster1085, May-06-10 08:43 AM, #20
                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., ez, May-09-10 01:38 AM, #21
                                                                  RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, May-09-10 08:42 PM, #22
                                                                       RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., RoninEclipse2G, May-10-10 10:33 AM, #23
                                                                            RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, May-10-10 11:35 AM, #24
                                                                                 RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Moderatorteklein, May-12-10 06:57 PM, #25
                                                                                      RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Babbz413, May-17-10 06:59 PM, #26
                                                                                           RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, May-17-10 09:11 PM, #27
                                                                                                RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., 97eclipseRS, May-18-10 03:41 PM, #28
                                                                                                     RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, May-19-10 03:22 PM, #29
                                                                                                          RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jun-02-10 06:35 AM, #30
                                                                                                               RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., megaskillz, Jun-02-10 09:08 AM, #31
                                                                                                                    RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jun-03-10 05:00 AM, #32
                                                                                                                         RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., 420agreenvilleSC, Jun-03-10 09:15 AM, #33
                                                                                                                              RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jun-26-10 09:45 PM, #34
                                                                                                                                   RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Moderatorteklein, Jun-27-10 06:08 AM, #35
                                                                                                                                        RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jun-27-10 08:00 AM, #36
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Ebster1085, Jun-27-10 10:57 AM, #37
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-01-10 08:41 PM, #38
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jul-03-10 05:30 PM, #39
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-04-10 04:13 PM, #40
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Dec-18-10 09:51 PM, #41
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., megaskillz, Dec-19-10 08:05 PM, #42
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-19-10 08:21 PM, #43
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Dec-19-10 09:02 PM, #44
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Dec-22-10 12:21 PM, #45
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Dec-27-10 12:56 PM, #46
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., AdministratorCODE4, Dec-27-10 08:04 PM, #47
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Dec-28-10 12:13 AM, #48
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., TurbchargdSpydr, Jan-02-11 01:45 PM, #49
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jan-03-11 08:44 AM, #50
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., LD25Delta9, Jan-03-11 11:28 AM, #51
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-03-11 05:01 PM, #52
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., LD25Delta9, Jan-04-11 06:12 AM, #53
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jan-04-11 10:56 AM, #54
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., LD25Delta9, Jan-05-11 06:44 AM, #55
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-05-11 12:38 PM, #56
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., LD25Delta9, Jan-06-11 12:04 PM, #57
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-08-11 07:02 AM, #58
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., LD25Delta9, Jan-08-11 09:58 AM, #59
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-08-11 06:18 PM, #60
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jan-10-11 07:35 AM, #61
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jan-11-11 09:02 AM, #62
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Black_Eclipse, Jan-11-11 11:30 PM, #63
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jan-12-11 12:12 AM, #64
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Black_Eclipse, Jan-12-11 12:29 AM, #65
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Shake_Zulla, Jan-17-11 05:58 PM, #66
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jan-17-11 08:25 PM, #67
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., TurbchargdSpydr, Jan-19-11 01:20 AM, #68
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., LD25Delta9, Jan-21-11 11:26 AM, #69
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Ebster1085, Jan-21-11 12:20 PM, #70
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Jan-21-11 05:23 PM, #71
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Feb-08-11 09:06 AM, #72
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., Cyexmaster, Feb-15-11 11:47 AM, #73
                                                                                                                                             RE: My turbo project 1 year along the build...., JoshDSM, Mar-05-12 09:16 PM, #74

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107768 Previous topic | Next topic