Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #99263
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?" Previous topic | Next topic
RoninEclipse2GJun-28-07 07:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99270, "RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?"
In response to In response to 3

Originally posted by 505racer
Originally posted by DanKid I am also in the process of painting my interior pieces black. There's many ways of doing it. I have chosen to do it the cheapest way possible which is to take off the pieces, give them a good cleaning with soap and warm water and wet sand them with fine sandpaper. After it dries up really good I spray the pieces with a can of adhesion promotor which I buy at Autozone. After two coats of the adhesion promotor I put three light coats of black Kyrlon fusion and then two coats of clear. I did my pillar gauge pod that way a few years ago and the paint is still perfect. The Krylon fusion is really good because it eats into the plastic which makes it stay permanently and not flake. You won't get the professional smooth look but it will look good for a cheap price.
whats the expensive way?...can you post pics please? would it look better to wet sand the clear a little after it dries..

only if you're looking to have a glass like surface.

I'm using the krylon fusion satin black, it looks AMAZING! the only problem I've had was I put the drivers door back in the car too soon and marred up the paint a little, if you paint the pieces leave them out of the car for the full curing period (7 days) before reinstalling them. DanKid's process is almost exactly what I've been doing just I didn't use the adhesion promoter (the krylon Fusion doesn't need it)

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are? [View all] , 505racer, Jun-27-07 08:11 PM
  RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, DanKid, Jun-28-07 04:47 AM, #1
RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-28-07 05:24 AM, #2
RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, DanKid, Jun-28-07 01:35 PM, #9
RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, 505racer, Jun-28-07 07:06 AM, #3
      RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-28-07 07:52 AM #4
           RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, R34Eclipse, Jun-28-07 11:22 AM, #5
                RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, eclipse982nrRST, Jun-28-07 11:49 AM, #6
                     RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-28-07 12:17 PM, #7
                          RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, 505racer, Jun-28-07 01:30 PM, #8
                               RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, Moderatorcs82685, Jun-28-07 04:51 PM, #10
                                    RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, R34Eclipse, Jun-29-07 04:06 AM, #11
                                         RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-29-07 05:51 AM, #12
                                              RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, Moderatorcs82685, Jun-29-07 09:42 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-29-07 10:21 AM, #14
                                                   RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, R34Eclipse, Jun-29-07 10:24 AM, #15
                                                        RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, R34Eclipse, Jun-29-07 10:27 AM, #16
                                                             RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-29-07 10:57 AM, #17
                                                                  RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, R34Eclipse, Jun-30-07 07:22 AM, #18
                                                                       RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, RS-T, Jul-02-07 02:40 PM, #19
                                                                            RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, 505racer, Jul-02-07 07:19 PM, #20
                                                                                 RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, 505racer, Jul-05-07 08:12 PM, #21
                                                                                      RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, eclipsegs96, Jul-07-07 05:01 AM, #22
                                                                                           RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, 505racer, Jul-07-07 10:20 PM, #23
                                                                                                RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, scorpo86, Jun-06-11 10:16 PM, #24
RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, xxsoccerguy55xx, Jul-26-11 06:46 PM, #25
RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, Broke4going, Nov-29-11 03:52 PM, #26
RE: Can someone please tell me what the procedure for dying the interior pannels are?, predsfan029, Jun-03-12 12:41 PM, #27

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #99263 Previous topic | Next topic