Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #95465
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: OEM Turbo Guages" Previous topic | Next topic
nothingfictionJul-02-10 06:09 PM
Member since Apr 10th 2006
23 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#104745, "RE: OEM Turbo Guages"
In response to In response to 24
Jul-02-10 06:27 PM by nothingfiction

Awakening a dead thread. Haha!

Yes i know i have woke up a dead thread. But i figured it is better than starting a new thread, right?

So from my last thread that i started, you can imagine i am in the process of sprucing up my interior with factory oem gauges and switches and such. i have already got all of the switches (even knowing that some just will not work at all no matter what i do). But what can i say, i hate blank faceplates.
READ MORE of the above at... http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=104738&mode=full

But now that i have all of those other switches installed (not all completely wired up yet though)... i was thinking about this today. Could i toss a gsx, gst/tsi gauge cluster in my RS? Reading this post (the only thread i could find that had any relevance to the question).

i already have an aftermarket oil pressure gauge so the stock turbo oil pressure gauge is useless to me anyway, not to mention it is inaccurate and even the turbo guys switch out to aftermarket. But even with that being said... will the pins line up to allow it to work at all? (most the pics in this thread are invalid now). i know it will be inaccurate but that doesn't matter for my goal. (before it is asked... YES i do have an aftermarket gauge and sending unit already)

And is there a way to get the oem boost gauge to work? i mean, doesn't it just read the manifold pressure anyway? i know it will be inaccurate as well as the turbo guys also rely on an aftermarket boost gauge. But my GlowShift gauges all work (oil pressure, boost, narrowband o2). Shouldn't the stock boost be able to be read? if not it doesn't matter at all. Just wanted to ask.

And will it read proper coolant temperature? because the coolant gauge is on the other side near the gas gauge (i believe), so will that mess anything up?

Or will everything work fine except the boost and possibly the oil pressure?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

OEM Turbo Guages [View all] , Talsition, Jul-07-06 12:45 PM
  RE: OEM Turbo Guages, TeamDR1665, Jul-07-06 04:42 PM, #1
RE: OEM Turbo Guages, R34Eclipse, Jul-07-06 08:18 PM, #2
      RE: OEM Turbo Guages, Talsition, Jul-08-06 05:16 AM, #3
           RE: OEM Turbo Guages, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-08-06 03:58 PM, #4
                RE: OEM Turbo Guages, R34Eclipse, Jul-08-06 08:38 PM, #5
                     RE: OEM Turbo Guages, djtrickee, Jul-08-06 09:05 PM, #6
                          RE: OEM Turbo Guages, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-08-06 09:42 PM, #7
                               RE: OEM Turbo Guages, azdave, Jul-09-06 12:29 PM, #8
                                    RE: OEM Turbo Guages, Talsition, Jul-10-06 11:50 AM, #9
                                         RE: OEM Turbo Guages, azdave, Jul-11-06 06:18 AM, #10
                                              RE: OEM Turbo Guages, R34Eclipse, Jul-11-06 09:41 AM, #11
                                                   RE: OEM Turbo Guages, Talsition, Jul-11-06 11:13 AM, #12
                                                        RE: OEM Turbo Guages, djtrickee, Jul-11-06 11:17 AM, #13
                                                             RE: OEM Turbo Guages, Talsition, Jul-11-06 11:24 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: OEM Turbo Guages, Talsition, Jul-14-06 11:26 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: OEM Turbo Guages, WIDECLIPSE, Jul-14-06 11:38 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: OEM Turbo Guages, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-14-06 04:33 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: OEM Turbo Guages, azdave, Jul-14-06 04:39 PM, #18
                                                                                 RE: OEM Turbo Guages, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Jul-14-06 04:57 PM, #19
                                                                                      RE: OEM Turbo Guages, azdave, Jul-14-06 05:41 PM, #20
                                                                                           RE: OEM Turbo Guages, azdave, Jul-17-06 04:40 AM, #21
                                                                                                RE: OEM Turbo Guages, Talsition, Jul-18-06 07:43 AM, #22
                                                                                                     RE: OEM Turbo Guages, R34Eclipse, Jul-21-06 04:12 PM, #23
                                                                                                          RE: OEM Turbo Guages, Talsition, Jul-22-06 06:22 AM, #24
                                                                                                               RE: OEM Turbo Guages, nothingfiction, Jul-02-10 06:09 PM #25

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #95465 Previous topic | Next topic