Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4919
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Motor back in - car won't start .... fuel problem" Previous topic | Next topic
techboyJul-19-07 04:54 AM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4956, "RE: Motor back in - car won't start .... fuel problem"
In response to In response to 5

I figured out what is wrong ... and it's not good unfortunately. I ran jumper cable from the battery to the fuel pump in the back of the car and it primed several times. So, I was at loss as to why the pump wouldn't prime with the key. So, in a desperate attempt I plugged in my code reader. I wasn't sure if I would get any readings since the car hadn't run, but sure enough I got one code = The crank position sensor. Appearantly that thing took a dump on me, which if the ECU doesn't see the crank position it won't tell the pump to prime (I found this out after a bit of research). So, I orded a new crank position sensor yesterday and Mitsu called me already this morning to say it was in, but the problem is to get to it and install well I think I'm going to have take the motor back out b/c it's under the timing cover and behind the timing belt. Sucks.....

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Motor back in - car won't start .... fuel problem [View all] , techboy, Jul-12-07 03:49 AM
  RE: Motor back in - car won't start .... fuel problem, Dsm98Nt, Jul-12-07 08:12 AM, #1
RE: Motor back in - car won't start .... fuel problem, ScreaminE, Jul-12-07 09:13 AM, #2
      RE: Motor back in - car won't start .... fuel problem, JayWeezie88, Jul-12-07 03:04 PM, #3
           RE: Motor back in - car won't start .... fuel problem, techboy, Jul-13-07 03:40 AM, #4
                RE: Motor back in - car won't start .... fuel problem, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jul-15-07 02:24 AM, #5
                     RE: Motor back in - car won't start .... fuel problem, techboy, Jul-19-07 04:54 AM #6
                          Update ... dumbest thing I've ever done, techboy, Aug-21-07 07:16 AM, #7
                               RE: Update ... dumbest thing I've ever done, ModeratoreclipzGST, Aug-21-07 08:02 AM, #8
                                    RE: Update ... dumbest thing I've ever done, techboy, Aug-22-07 09:52 AM, #9

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #4919 Previous topic | Next topic