Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9959
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet." Previous topic | Next topic
Jarrad_GSTSep-07-04 12:17 PM
Member since Jun 23rd 2002
650 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9967, "RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet."
In response to In response to 7
Sep-07-04 12:18 PM by Jarrad_GST

Ummm 10 being the first time I have ever done an engine swap and actually did it myself.

If you have someone to help you through the way and actual extra manpower to lift things then will make the job much easier.

I watched my brother's 420a built engine install.

He helped me everytime I did anything serious on my car. He sold his car not too long ago to some guy locally.

You dont need that much help but you'll need help with putting the engine in the car, not taking it out, that wasnt hard. I defintely needed help when doing any tranny work. When you put the flywheel on, unless you have a compressor, which we didnt use one, someone with gloves has to hold the flywheel while my brother torqued down the flywheel bolts. Otherwise the internet was the biggest help.

People came over from time to time to help but then I would run into a missing part or problem or getting tired and we would quit for the day. Ryan_hes dropped by to help some days along with other people my age that helped.

Most of the work is guidance on putting it all together.

Problems I ran into...
Machine shop took 5 weeks to complete his work.

Somehow, the 6 bolt engine I got was an auto and was a weird adapter peice from the block to the flywheel and we were like wtf is that. The flywheel wouldnt mount on there.. like a big circle and a small circle suppose to line up. We looked at it for hours and finally Jason_esit just like pulled the little circle out with his hands and then bingo it lined up. We were like, maybe we suppose to use it.. just a peice of metal we didnt need... hmm... but we figured that engine must be from an auto and this peice would be how you convert it to the tranny.

Gabor Clutch gave me wrong specs on flywheel right before the shootout but then he got me another 6bolt fWD flywheel for me.

Lost my ignition power transistor and bought a new one from Mitsugraveyard and then found mine in the corner of the garage when I first started hacking at my car when diagnosed w/ crankwalk.

Broke my stock fuel rail from overtighting.

So.. if you had like me there... you wouldnt have any problems, unless something really outrageous happened.

If you want the ultimate import challenge, doing an engine swap afterwards you feel like you can do anything to the car and it cant get any harder than that. Basically, your the fucking man!

97' GST(4G63)
Evo 16G Eclipse

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet. [View all] , Jarrad_GST, Sep-07-04 06:46 AM
  RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., Jarrad_GST, Sep-07-04 06:52 AM, #1
RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., HybriDSM, Sep-07-04 07:20 AM, #2
      RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., soulcontroller, Sep-07-04 07:32 AM, #3
           RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., HybriDSM, Sep-07-04 07:51 AM, #4
           RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., ModeratoreclipzGST, Sep-07-04 07:53 AM, #5
           RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., Jarrad_GST, Sep-07-04 07:59 AM, #6
                RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., BigBald, Sep-07-04 10:03 AM, #7
                     RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., Jarrad_GST, Sep-07-04 12:17 PM #8
                          RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., Vandy420a, Sep-07-04 01:39 PM, #9
                          RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., Diceman19, Sep-07-04 01:57 PM, #10
                          RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., Remy, Sep-08-04 01:46 AM, #11
                               RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., BigBald, Sep-08-04 03:51 AM, #12
                                    RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., HybriDSM, Sep-08-04 12:06 PM, #13
                                         RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., Remy, Sep-08-04 02:42 PM, #14
                                              RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., BigBald, Sep-08-04 05:55 PM, #15
                                                   RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., AndrewESi_T, Sep-09-04 01:42 AM, #16
                                                        RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., TeamJasonESi_T, Sep-09-04 06:38 AM, #17
                                                             RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet., Remy, Sep-09-04 01:00 PM, #18

Top 4G63 Technical 4G63 Tech topic #9959 Previous topic | Next topic