Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #494
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: parts needed for rear disk conversion" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamJasonESi_TJan-29-01 05:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#497, "RE: parts needed for rear disk conversion"
In response to In response to 2

LAST EDITED ON 29-Jan-01 AT 10:52 PM (PST)

Found some more info on this conversion via a discussion at ASOG right now. This guy mkaes it sound easy, but it sounds kinda complicated to me. I NEED PICS...heh

Here's his post and the url...

Re: rear drum to disk upgrade(by "baddodge")-ASOG
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rear drum to disk upgrade is one of the easiest upgrade to do if you have a good idea of the mechanics of braking systems.

what you need is...
1) rear discs
2) rear emergency brake assemblies.
3) emergency brake cables
4) calipersand brake hoses and their brackets

you can get everthing for the uprade from all 95-00 avengers,sebring coupes, talon, eclipse.with rear disc brakes except for the e-brake cables(which i got from the dealer as so to make sure they would not be rusted or seized all that needs to be done after the parts are gathered is the following

1) remove wheels
2) disconnect the brake line
3) disconnect the e-bake cable (drum)
4) remove the 4 bolts holding the hub assembly and the backing plate for the drum and hub.it can be removed, the hub(bearing) can be used with the disc brakes
5) remove e brake cables, this requires removal of center console, unbolting of airbag ecm to gain acess to the e brake cable inside of the car . note: youll need to also be completely under the car to unbolt brackets that hold the cables in place under the car.... be extermely careful to make sure car is supported
6) install disc brake emergency brake cables
7) reinstall the hub and new backing plate for the disc brake it includes the complete emergency brake assembly
install the brackets for the calipers
9) install calipers and connect brakeline
10) bleed the system and adjust e brake
11 install wheels and test drive (do not test n busy highway try in a quiet neighborhood first

i bought everything for this upgrade at a salvage yaard for $150 i got rotors off a talon, calipers from an eclipse and the backing plates from a sebring. the cables i got at the dealer for another 52$ i never got to replacing the proportioning valve but the brakes feel fine and its been 2and a half years so i may never do it

http://pub11.ezboard.com/fasog75673questionsandproblems.showMessage?topicID=2579.topic

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

parts needed for rear disk conversion [View all] , phattalon, Jan-24-01 05:47 PM
  RE: parts needed for rear disk conversion, TeamDeanoD, Jan-25-01 01:22 PM, #1
RE: parts needed for rear disk conversion, phattalon, Jan-25-01 02:41 PM, #2
      RE: parts needed for rear disk conversion, TeamJasonESi_T, Jan-29-01 05:49 PM #3
      I got my ride on the lift today......Long as usual, TeamDeanoD, Jan-31-01 03:48 PM, #4
I'm so against changing, Skrilla, Feb-01-01 04:35 AM, #5
I got the parts today, TeamDeanoD, Feb-01-01 10:14 AM, #6
      RE: I got the parts today, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-01-01 01:32 PM, #7
           RE: I got the parts today, TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-01-01 01:44 PM, #8
           Dan Gill owns Allmitsubishi.com, TeamDeanoD, Feb-01-01 04:07 PM, #9
           RE: Dan Gill owns Allmitsubishi.com, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-02-01 05:42 AM, #12
                RE: Dan Gill owns Allmitsubishi.com, TeamDeanoD, Feb-02-01 12:32 PM, #13
                     RE: Dan Gill owns Allmitsubishi.com, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-02-01 12:48 PM, #14
                          Dot 5.1, Dot 4, Dot 3 are mixable, TeamDeanoD, Feb-04-01 04:37 AM, #15
           RE: I got the parts today, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-02-01 04:22 AM, #10
                RE: I got the parts today, TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-02-01 04:38 AM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #494 Previous topic | Next topic