Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30519
View in linear mode

Subject: "suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?" Previous topic | Next topic
ezJun-10-07 06:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30519, "suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?"

So I thought this one through before doing it, but obviously missed stepped.

I pumped the brakes with the driver side caliper off the rotor to get the pistons to work their way out. One pops out (I have to say, it was like looking at a dog giving birth) but the other one is still there. In hindsight, I should have blocked one piston so the other one would have gone out as much as the first one - but I didn't know how big the pistons were going to be.

Now, I can't pump the brakes for the passenger side anyway, because there is no caliper on the driver side to keep the pressure up. me be lost.

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper? [View all] , ez, Jun-10-07 06:07 PM
  RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, foggy45, Jun-11-07 07:20 AM, #1
RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, ez, Jun-11-07 04:02 PM, #2
      RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, foggy45, Jun-12-07 05:33 AM, #3
           RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, ez, Jun-12-07 07:08 PM, #4
                RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, foggy45, Jun-12-07 09:07 PM, #5
                     RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-13-07 06:25 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30519 Previous topic | Next topic