Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30519
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?" Previous topic | Next topic
ezJun-11-07 04:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30523, "RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?"
In response to In response to 1

Originally posted by foggy45
well since your gonna have to bleed the lines anyway, id remove the calipers. they will definatly be much easier to work with and control off the car. i took mine off and made an adapter that hooked into my Porta-power (hydrolic ram) and pumped the pistones out with that. the trick, like you discovered, is getting them to both come out evenly. if you use a "C" clamp on each piston you can control them on there way out. once out then id recompend polishing the piston and bore for a nice smooth movement. i also ended up machining the face of my pistons to they were flat on the pads too

thanks foggy. polishing is something I think I'd have to get done professionally - I have no tools or knowledge how to do that. I would like to change the o-ring seal inside the caliper too - but I don't know where or even if I can get those. also, I don't know if there is a special lubricant to put back on the piston when putting them in. when one piston came out, it was covered with some kind of yellow junk

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper? [View all] , ez, Jun-10-07 06:07 PM
  RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, foggy45, Jun-11-07 07:20 AM, #1
RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, ez, Jun-11-07 04:02 PM #2
      RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, foggy45, Jun-12-07 05:33 AM, #3
           RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, ez, Jun-12-07 07:08 PM, #4
                RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, foggy45, Jun-12-07 09:07 PM, #5
                     RE: suggestions for removing pistons from dual piston caliper?, RoninEclipse2G, Jun-13-07 06:25 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #30519 Previous topic | Next topic