Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24340
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: phatom lsd??how good is it?" Previous topic | Next topic
Initial DSMJun-11-04 03:03 PM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24348, "RE: phatom lsd??how good is it?"
In response to In response to 4
Jun-11-04 03:06 PM by Initial DSM

Originally posted by 405TURBO
thanks for the imput but the question was more towards the guys using the phatom grip lsd.i wanted to know how they like it and if help improve the traction problem any .i'm aware of exile racings retro fit lsd but its more then i can afford at the moment.i also never new that you could get the phatom grip for $120.00..odd i thought it was about $270.00 or more .the retro fit is nice and all but expensive plus you have to send them the core and that more downtime i can't afford.i have spent a good amount of money on parts but thats why the funds are low.so..my question again to the 2gnt guys who have used the phatom grip lsd..how good is it?and did it improve some of the traction probems?thanks again for ur help.

I guess you can say it works fine for the pricetag. anything above 350whp, and you'd prolly want the clutch based Retro-Fit or maybe even the torque biasing Quaife diff. There was a lsd by NewSkoolracing (out of business now) that was very similiar in design to the PhantomGrip, that ended up blowing up some peoples trannies, so quite a few people have steered clear of it or anything remotely similiar, hence the previousely stated advice on going to Retro-Fit and also any past debates on the pros/cons to the PG you might find by using the search button. AMI also makes a PG like limited slip diff. look for Talonspeed, and ask him about it. He's the only one I know of on here that has that one. Personally, I ordered the Retro-Fit for my car, and my other one has the Quaife.

Also,
Slicks > lsd

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

phatom lsd??how good is it? [View all] , 405TURBO, Jun-10-04 05:05 PM
  RE: phatom lsd??how good is it?, mcgyvr, Jun-11-04 04:13 AM, #1
RE: phatom lsd??how good is it?, Sorry_i_Win, Jun-11-04 05:33 AM, #2
      RE: phatom lsd??how good is it?, totaleklipse97, Jun-11-04 07:01 AM, #3
RE: phatom lsd??how good is it?, 405TURBO, Jun-11-04 02:50 PM, #4
RE: phatom lsd??how good is it?, Initial DSM, Jun-11-04 03:03 PM #5
      RE: phatom lsd??how good is it?, HadesOmega, Jun-11-04 04:55 PM, #6
           RE: phatom lsd??how good is it?, grain, Jun-12-04 01:07 AM, #7
                RE: phatom lsd??how good is it?, Sorry_i_Win, Jun-12-04 01:21 PM, #8

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24340 Previous topic | Next topic