Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22022
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: GSX Brakes on an RS" Previous topic | Next topic
96EclipsedJan-21-04 10:39 AM
Member since Jun 17th 2002
1923 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22028, "RE: GSX Brakes on an RS"
In response to In response to 4

Originally posted by djtrickee
The brackets should have been included with the calipers otherwise they wouldn't have been able to mount them at all. Were they new? or used? if used i bet you have a seized caliper and will need to buy a rebuild kit. otherwise you have some dumb mechanics because there isnt much to it. If the pads are locked on to the rotor then how did they get them on there? take a c clamp and slowly push the piston into the body of the caliper. mount the new pads, then mount the caliper onto the spindle/axle. Its not too hard. Bleed the brakes and it should work fine. There is no way they wont fit under a 16" wheel. if you have any questions reference my install here: http://home.earthlink.net/~djtrickee/GSXBRAKEINSTALL P.S.- this is why i do things myself- you know exactly what is going on and how things work!!

Yes, the brackets were included, as they are new units. the pistons were already compressesd into the body. The pads were supposed to be clamped in, but weren't. I'd think that wouldn't be a problem clamping them back in.

I'd have no problem doing it myself, it looks fairly easy. My only question is in bleeding the lines. How exactly is that done? I see the valve for it..but what do I do?

Thansk for the help

weather turning towards a storm broken down road continue on coexistance imitating paradise
unlike any seen moist has been dancing crazy overcast ash grey wording constantly pushing pulling pushes away

sacred? you really are?
m'not scared
then what are you?

drew back a rusty knife guilt ladle pour it on understand i burn inside how to get out of here how do you get out of this natures revenge nature
cage craving wonder the worth of it scream at the top of your lungs so many times tried not to wonder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

GSX Brakes on an RS [View all] , 96Eclipsed, Jan-21-04 06:03 AM
  RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, bullox, Jan-21-04 06:18 AM, #1
RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, 96Eclipsed, Jan-21-04 06:37 AM, #2
      RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, a_miller_76, Jan-21-04 09:25 AM, #3
           RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, djtrickee, Jan-21-04 09:51 AM, #4
                RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, 96Eclipsed, Jan-21-04 10:39 AM #5
                     RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, a_miller_76, Jan-21-04 10:46 AM, #6
                          RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, gilee_8, Jan-21-04 06:43 PM, #7
                               RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, 96Eclipsed, Jan-22-04 10:54 AM, #8
                                    RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-23-04 11:54 AM, #9
                                         RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, 96Eclipsed, Jan-23-04 01:08 PM, #10
                                              RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, hawaiidiverx, Feb-01-04 09:32 AM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22022 Previous topic | Next topic