Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22022
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: GSX Brakes on an RS" Previous topic | Next topic
djtrickeeJan-21-04 09:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22026, "RE: GSX Brakes on an RS"
In response to In response to 3

The brackets should have been included with the calipers otherwise they wouldn't have been able to mount them at all. Were they new? or used?
if used i bet you have a seized caliper and will need to buy a rebuild kit. otherwise you have some dumb mechanics because there isnt much to it. If the pads are locked on to the rotor then how did they get them on there? take a c clamp and slowly push the piston into the body of the caliper. mount the new pads, then mount the caliper onto the spindle/axle. Its not too hard. Bleed the brakes and it should work fine. There is no way they wont fit under a 16" wheel.

if you have any questions reference my install here:
http://home.earthlink.net/~djtrickee/GSXBRAKEINSTALL

P.S.- this is why i do things myself- you know exactly what is going on and how things work!!

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

GSX Brakes on an RS [View all] , 96Eclipsed, Jan-21-04 06:03 AM
  RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, bullox, Jan-21-04 06:18 AM, #1
RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, 96Eclipsed, Jan-21-04 06:37 AM, #2
      RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, a_miller_76, Jan-21-04 09:25 AM, #3
           RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, djtrickee, Jan-21-04 09:51 AM #4
                RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, 96Eclipsed, Jan-21-04 10:39 AM, #5
                     RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, a_miller_76, Jan-21-04 10:46 AM, #6
                          RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, gilee_8, Jan-21-04 06:43 PM, #7
                               RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, 96Eclipsed, Jan-22-04 10:54 AM, #8
                                    RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-23-04 11:54 AM, #9
                                         RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, 96Eclipsed, Jan-23-04 01:08 PM, #10
                                              RE: GSX Brakes on an RS, hawaiidiverx, Feb-01-04 09:32 AM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22022 Previous topic | Next topic