Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20986
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDeanoDNov-09-03 01:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20989, "RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve"
In response to In response to 0

This will not work on our cars.

Our valve splits initially left and right, then it splits front and rear. It could work if you ran new lines from an aftermarket proportioning valve.

Nobody here is ready for this and there are other ways to get more rear brakes if that is your goal.

Leave rubber brake lines on the front and use stainless on the rear. Use a more aggressive rear pad and a softer compound in the front. Remember the rear disc rotors are not vented, so you might consider cryotreating the rears to prevent warping.

I have autocrossed my car for a few years now and researched hard the benefits of adding two russel brake proportioning valves to my car. If I was only driving on oval or road courses, this might be worth the effort. As it is now, my setup is fine.

If someone decides to go down this road, keep us posted.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve [View all] , turbo8u, Nov-09-03 07:41 AM
  RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, TeamDeanoD, Nov-09-03 01:50 PM #1
RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, turbo8u, Nov-09-03 02:06 PM, #2
      RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, djtrickee, Nov-09-03 05:46 PM, #3
      RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, Doug96GS, Nov-09-03 07:28 PM, #4
           RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, djtrickee, Nov-10-03 06:38 AM, #5
      RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, TeamDeanoD, Nov-10-03 06:56 AM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20986 Previous topic | Next topic