Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20986
View in linear mode

Subject: "Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve" Previous topic | Next topic
turbo8uNov-09-03 07:41 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20986, "Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve"
Nov-09-03 07:42 AM by turbo8u

for front and rear brake distribution tuning

http://www.xkms.org/JC-Whitney-39/Adjustable-Brake-Proportioning-Valve.htm

just some useful information for anyone who might want to check it out
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, TeamDeanoD, Nov-09-03 01:50 PM, #1
RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, turbo8u, Nov-09-03 02:06 PM, #2
      RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, djtrickee, Nov-09-03 05:46 PM, #3
      RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, Doug96GS, Nov-09-03 07:28 PM, #4
           RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, djtrickee, Nov-10-03 06:38 AM, #5
      RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve, TeamDeanoD, Nov-10-03 06:56 AM, #6

TeamDeanoDNov-09-03 01:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20989, "RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve"
In response to Reply # 0

This will not work on our cars.

Our valve splits initially left and right, then it splits front and rear. It could work if you ran new lines from an aftermarket proportioning valve.

Nobody here is ready for this and there are other ways to get more rear brakes if that is your goal.

Leave rubber brake lines on the front and use stainless on the rear. Use a more aggressive rear pad and a softer compound in the front. Remember the rear disc rotors are not vented, so you might consider cryotreating the rears to prevent warping.

I have autocrossed my car for a few years now and researched hard the benefits of adding two russel brake proportioning valves to my car. If I was only driving on oval or road courses, this might be worth the effort. As it is now, my setup is fine.

If someone decides to go down this road, keep us posted.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

turbo8uNov-09-03 02:06 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#20990, "RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve"
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-09-03 02:07 PM by turbo8u

Originally posted by DeanoD
Nobody here is ready for this.....

nobody here is "ready for this" lol . i assume you know everybody here?

i'm just trying to give other guys ideas about products offered out there, thats all

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

djtrickeeNov-09-03 05:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#20992, "RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by turbo8u i'm just trying to give other guys ideas about products offered out there, thats all _________ 96 talon esi-t san clemente, ca

By offering products that wont work on our cars??

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Doug96GSNov-09-03 07:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#20993, "RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm sure that if he knew that they wouldn't work on our cars, than he wouldn't have posted about it. Good find man.

djtrickeeNov-10-03 06:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#20994, "RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve"
In response to Reply # 4

Bad day yesterday. Sorry.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

TeamDeanoDNov-10-03 06:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#20995, "RE: Adjustable Brake Proportioning Valve"
In response to Reply # 2

That product and numerous others like have been available for many years. This was also discussed a few years ago, but not sure if it will come up in a search.

I probably came across differently than I intended, but you posted something that does not work on our vehicles and was never designed for our use.

You should also have done a bit of research into it before suggesting that we use it. You would have found out that we cannot use it or anything like it.

I have been here for many years and to my knowledge there are maybe 2 cars that could use this to enhance their left foot braking capabilities. Since you posted this product, I assume we can leave you out of this category.

When I first posted my reply you did nothing to challenge or compliment me on my choices of getting better rear braking capability. This leads me to assume that your knowledge in this area is limited, which is fine.

I would have probably posted the original topic and asked if this product could be used on our cars. We have many young impressionable people that go out and buy components on our recommendations.

Sorry to be so harsh, but since you decided to point out my tiny one line of prejudgement and make it the main topic in your post, I thought I would give you more to chew o I did throw a smiley out there so you don't take me too serious.

BTW: thanks for keeping an eye out for new products. Let us know if you find anything else

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20986 Previous topic | Next topic