Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #909
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: just a regular MS w/o spark control - still worth it?" Previous topic | Next topic
BumpinTalonJun-02-05 09:56 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#918, "RE: just a regular MS w/o spark control - still worth it?"
In response to In response to 5

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Originally posted by ner947 I ran it with fuel only for about a month or so before I even tried ignition... After you get it tuned right, the engine will run a LOT more smoothly than with an 8 injector setup or an FPR with an AFC. If you tune it right you'll get much better gas milage too... Instead of tuning for 14.7:1 in cruise you shoot for 15.0:1-16.0:1 with the help of a wideband.
alright, thanks, I'm gonna do this then and change it over to MSnS down the road some time since my goals don't really call for race gas or high boost.
Dude? anyone who builds megasquirts can do the spark mods to it. it's just a MSnS.. nothing spectacular or unknown. it's not like Slick is the only person that can build them. All the wheel decoding is done in software.

I see... looking around I saw the Megasquirt-II with spark and IAC control so I might just wait for that to come into stock. still evaluating my options here.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

just a regular MS w/o spark control - still worth it? [View all] , BumpinTalon, Jun-01-05 03:19 PM
  RE: just a regular MS w/o spark control - still worth it?, TeamXtremeRS, Jun-01-05 04:48 PM, #1
RE: just a regular MS w/o spark control - still worth it?, djtrickee, Jun-01-05 05:04 PM, #2
RE: just a regular MS w/o spark control - still worth it?, Teamner947, Jun-01-05 09:25 PM, #3
RE: just a regular MS w/o spark control - still worth it?, BumpinTalon, Jun-02-05 05:17 AM, #4
      RE: just a regular MS w/o spark control - still worth it?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jun-02-05 05:57 AM, #5
           RE: just a regular MS w/o spark control - still worth it?, BumpinTalon, Jun-02-05 09:56 AM #6
                RE: just a regular MS w/o spark control - still worth it?, Teamner947, Jun-03-05 09:08 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #909 Previous topic | Next topic