Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #532
View in linear mode

Subject: "Quick question? (electronic boost gauges + MSnS)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDR1665Mar-21-05 05:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#532, "Quick question? (electronic boost gauges + MSnS)"

I have the www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm (yet to be installed) and it is capable of reading an electronic boost sending unit to display boost pressure on the screen. Originally, their site suggested a Kavlico boost sending unit for its "repeatability," but now they mention a 3.5BAR "absolute MAP" sensor for this. It got me thinking, if my MSnS is coming with a 2BAR MAP which the MS will use to see boost and tune accordingly, could I just tap this signal somehow to feed my display on the Zt-2?

Since I still don't have my MS yet, I'm not sure if this is possible. I would assume the MAP for the MS is physically on the PWB, so to tap into this signal, I would have to run a lead from the MAP to the Zt-2. I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, but is it a viable solution? It would seem somewhat goofy to have to buy a second MAP just for my gauge, but I don't think it would cost too terribly much.

Any input from experienced MS users? Lee?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Quick question? (electronic boost gauges + MSnS) [View all] , TeamDR1665, Mar-21-05 05:02 PM
  RE: Quick question? (electronic boost gauges + MSnS), TeamAvenger, Mar-21-05 05:45 PM, #1
RE: Quick question? (electronic boost gauges + MSnS), Teamner947, Mar-21-05 06:46 PM, #2
RE: Quick question? (electronic boost gauges + MSnS), TeamDR1665, Mar-24-05 07:27 PM, #3
      RE: Quick question? (electronic boost gauges + MSnS), AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-01-05 10:34 PM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #532 Previous topic | Next topic