Go back to previous topic
Forum nameEngine Management Systems & Controllers
Topic subjectQuick question? (electronic boost gauges + MSnS)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=532&mesg_id=532
532, Quick question? (electronic boost gauges + MSnS)
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm (yet to be installed) and it is capable of reading an electronic boost sending unit to display boost pressure on the screen. Originally, their site suggested a Kavlico boost sending unit for its "repeatability," but now they mention a 3.5BAR "absolute MAP" sensor for this. It got me thinking, if my MSnS is coming with a 2BAR MAP which the MS will use to see boost and tune accordingly, could I just tap this signal somehow to feed my display on the Zt-2?

Since I still don't have my MS yet, I'm not sure if this is possible. I would assume the MAP for the MS is physically on the PWB, so to tap into this signal, I would have to run a lead from the MAP to the Zt-2. I don't see why this wouldn't be possible, but is it a viable solution? It would seem somewhat goofy to have to buy a second MAP just for my gauge, but I don't think it would cost too terribly much.

Any input from experienced MS users? Lee?
I generated this page in 0.007789134979248 seconds, executing 6 queries.