Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3168
View in linear mode

Subject: "Running spark (yeah!), but my MAP values dropped :(" Previous topic | Next topic
SlushboxApr-29-07 03:58 PM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
73 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3168, "Running spark (yeah!), but my MAP values dropped :("

Before I installed the MS ignition, my MAP value @ WOT was 100 kPa; now with spark it is only hitting 96 . The car runs much better and feels faster, but the ol' butt dyno hasn't been calibrated so it could be me. I checked my MAP sensor line and it's securely attached.
On another note, I had an issue with the CLT and IAT sensors spiking after the spark was installed. Running an extra 16 AWG wire from the grond (by proto area) to pins 9 and 10, then out to the chassis 10" away solved the spikes.

AEM cam gears, .030 over, .020 milled head, Unorthodox UDP, port match intake/head, polished exhaust manifold, e-bay CAI, Magnaflow muffler

1995 GS A/T: Crushed, what started it all
1999 RS M/T: Back to stock
Mazdaspeed6: sold and quazi missed
1999 Eclipse GSX: HX35, waiting for Shep STG3

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Running spark (yeah!), but my MAP values dropped :( [View all] , Slushbox, Apr-29-07 03:58 PM
  RE: Running spark (yeah!), but my MAP values dropped :(, WickedESi, May-03-07 03:49 PM, #1
RE: Running spark (yeah!), but my MAP values dropped :(, Slushbox, May-17-07 01:49 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3168 Previous topic | Next topic