Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3174
View in linear mode

Subject: "Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed?" Previous topic | Next topic
quicksilver99May-04-07 01:45 PM
Member since May 02nd 2006
152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3174, "Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed?"

I am in the middle of my MS intall and plan on going turbo in the next few weeks, right now I have a pretty good tune N/A and am running Accel 48lbs injectors with fuel control only for now. I plan on adding in the ignition control after I build up my motor but the stock is more than sufficient for the 8lbs of boost I plan to run till then. My question is: with fuel control will I still hit some sort of "cut" when I enter boost? obviously I wont hit fuel cut, but will this affect ignition any? I would assume I still need the factory map for now but would it be alright to let it see boost or will it damage it? I know honda map's take 11 lbs before they blow out and was wondering if ours where the same. I've been a member on here for a while but usually stick to the search button. Just want to say thanks to everybody for all the help I've gotten on here.

Creative thinking? Ingenuity? Hell, It's just an obsession!

99 Eclipse GS turbo: MSpowered, everything custom built, 223.8 HP-199.8 TQ @8psi through auto-tranny. The first time around...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed? [View all] , quicksilver99, May-04-07 01:45 PM
  RE: Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed?, WickedESi, May-05-07 10:35 AM, #1
RE: Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed?, XMasta19, May-05-07 02:02 PM, #2
      RE: Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed?, quicksilver99, May-10-07 12:46 PM, #3
           RE: Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed?, WickedESi, May-10-07 02:16 PM, #4
                RE: Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed?, quicksilver99, May-10-07 04:01 PM, #5
                     RE: Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed?, WickedESi, May-11-07 12:59 PM, #6
                          RE: Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed?, quicksilver99, May-13-07 10:00 AM, #7
                               RE: Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed?, WickedESi, May-13-07 10:29 AM, #8
                                    RE: Question with MS install...factory map sensor needed?, XMasta19, May-14-07 09:58 AM, #9

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3174 Previous topic | Next topic