Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3086
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Soo.....who wants to help?" Previous topic | Next topic
MR BLUNT 2gntMar-27-07 06:24 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3096, "RE: Soo.....who wants to help?"
In response to In response to 5

Originally posted by XtremeRS
Your settings for PWM on the constants were at 100% PWM current limit.

Son of a, I have no idea how that got back to 100%. I've been messing with this damn file so much and constantly checking it against other MSQ files that I must have not changed it back. I had the Time Threshold set right just didn't set this back. This sorta thing is exactly why I wanted someone with some knowledge to take a peak at my MSQ.

Also you have Mapdot set as your accel enrichment choice, not tps, but you dont have any sane values in the mapdot slots. I use tps for accel, and it works just fine..

I got these from Corbins MSQ file, and they match what I found by searching for MAPdot on here ( see Nates post here - http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=54&topic_id=1462&mode=full )
I'll definately admit to not fully understanding the pro's and con's of one or the other. I was simply going by what I saw in both of the above. If tps works better I'm A-Ok with changing it.

Your EGO settings were off, and everthing else being off, you ran A/F targets. You cant run those until you have dialed in your fueling within 5% of your VE table. A/F targeting cant correct fast enough for more than 5%..

Using Corbins values here again. Looks like the difference between his and Terry's is the MS per Step is 24 vs Terry's 64, and the Step Counter i'm using is Ign Pulses vs Terry's mSec.

Or are you using the tach wire from the ECU? You are not using any injector resistors, correct?

Yes (a73 at the ecu). No, your correct.

Is your board modded for the 420a crank sensor input?

Yeah, Nate built it.

You need to change the numbers under the heading: "#else ; Actually only good for DualTable and MSns-Extra" The code is sensitive the the "exra" version of code that we use, NOT the base MS_1 code. Hope this makes sense.

Mother F#$@!$ I didn't notice that bottom field has MSns-Extra in it. I should have just changed every friggin one of them just to be sure. I was getting very frustrated why the thing wasn't working after I modded it according to what I found by searching on the ms forums. This was very frustrating, thanks for clearing that up.

Seriously thanks for taking a look at this. My VE table was stupid lean, I actually loaded another VE table from Terry's msq file and my car was actually drivable tonight. It was stupid fat rich anything above 3500 rpm but I was just happy to be out putting miles on the car.

400whp or bust.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Soo.....who wants to help? [View all] , MR BLUNT 2gnt, Mar-27-07 11:21 AM
  RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-27-07 11:32 AM, #1
RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Mar-27-07 12:22 PM, #2
RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, Slushbox, Mar-27-07 02:47 PM, #3
RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Mar-27-07 03:32 PM, #4
      RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-27-07 05:10 PM, #5
           RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Mar-27-07 06:24 PM #6
                RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-28-07 04:03 AM, #7
                     RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Mar-29-07 07:32 AM, #8
                          RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-29-07 10:48 AM, #9
                               RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, XMasta19, Apr-03-07 03:57 PM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3086 Previous topic | Next topic