Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3045
View in linear mode

Subject: "megasquirt issues" Previous topic | Next topic
ian_12Mar-16-07 06:03 AM
Member since Aug 11th 2006
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3045, "megasquirt issues"

just installed a megasquirt built for the 420a. installed it correctly by the "simple wiring diagram" that was included with it. by the diagram some of the wires were not the same color as the pinout on the connector. i just went by the pinout by the diagram. the coils are hooked up by two iac wires. that just doesnt seem right, but by the diagram thats what it said to do (by the pinout not color). everything is wired correctly (if the diagram is right) as i know the ecu pinouts i have are correct. im just lost as to the wires from the megasquirt being right. i just dont understand how those iac wires would control the coil unless it has been made that way.

but anyways, we have no spark nore injector pulse. i know my wiring is correct, but i cant say the same for the megasquirt diagram being correct. if anyone has wired the megasquirt up to retain the stock ecu for idle, fan, etc. control could you give me pinouts/ wire colors to hook this thing up. i dont know if the crank signal is working (crank sensor works), or if the diagram is wrong, or if the grounds are bad, i just dont know. also, when you turn the key on, does the megasquirt light up at all? this one wont, but when you crank, the lights strobe in a line.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

megasquirt issues [View all] , ian_12, Mar-16-07 06:03 AM
  RE: megasquirt issues, mreigle, Mar-16-07 12:08 PM, #1
RE: megasquirt issues, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-17-07 05:56 AM, #2
      RE: megasquirt issues, ian_12, Mar-29-07 05:27 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3045 Previous topic | Next topic