Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3086
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Soo.....who wants to help?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSMar-27-07 05:10 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3095, "RE: Soo.....who wants to help?"
In response to In response to 4
Mar-27-07 06:06 PM by XtremeRS

hehe man your msq is all jacked..either it didnt load perfectly right into my megatune, or you have quite a few settings not correct at all. First off, you are using the V3.0 board, and you have the low-z injectors, which means you have the "flyback board" components already on your board. Your settings for PWM on the constants were at 100% PWM current limit. Basically your are not limiting any current to the injectors..you are basically driving them full force like a high impeadance injector. I think the injectors are getting so much current, they are not even closing fully, or just behaving very erratic. Also you have Mapdot set as your accel enrichment choice, not tps, but you dont have any sane values in the mapdot slots. I use tps for accel, and it works just fine..Your EGO settings were off, and everthing else being off, you ran A/F targets. You cant run those until you have dialed in your fueling within 5% of your VE table. A/F targeting cant correct fast enough for more than 5%.. I've found other settings as well, but i think i will just try and do a "guesstimate" msq for you to try out, and see what happens. If i dont get to email you, a few more questions for you:

Is your board modded for the 420a crank sensor input? Or are you using the tach wire from the ECU? You are not using any injector resistors, correct? Also, when you try this new msq, try and set your idle fuel pressure to around 40-42 psi(under full idle vac). I should have a msq for you to try tomorrow..check your email. Its difficult at best to help tune over the internet, but it should get you on your way close enough to at least drive it. YOu WILL have to tune the warmup, afterstart, VE, acell, exhaust gas, and tps settings. I will try and guess as close as i can though.

Oh and as for the autotune feature, i'm going to bet you adjusted those values in the wrong section of the ini file. I know because i had the SAME problem. I adjusted it, and it acted the same with no change.. Im going to guess you are changing the numbers under this heading: custom.ini in your CAR specific directory:

;#if GPIO
;#elif MS_I
#if MS_I
table = veTableMap ; Should be the map3d_id of a TableEditor entry.
allowAutoTune = on ; Displays the check box on the specified tuning dialog.
corrector = egoCorrection ; Variable used for correction algorithm.

; Tuning block parameters
; Global limits on tuning, outside the box and nothing happens.
xLimits = 1500, 4000 ; RPM
yLimits = 60, 90 ; MAP
zLimits = 10, 200 ; VE

Now, if you look real close at the top, at "#elif MS_1"
THIS is where the problem is. You dont change the numbers under that heading. Scroll down the ini file until you see this heading:

#else ; Actually only good for DualTable and MSnS-Extra.
table = veTable1Map
allowAutoTune = on
corrector = egoCorrection
xLimits = 1500, 4000
yLimits = 60, 90
zLimits = 10, 200
xRadius = 200
yRadius = 7
initialStartupInterval = 1.0
updateInterval = 1.0
proportionalGain = 0.5
lumpiness = 5

You need to change the numbers under the heading:
"#else ; Actually only good for DualTable and MSns-Extra"

The code is sensitive the the "exra" version of code that we use, NOT the base MS_1 code. Hope this makes sense. When you are using the autotune feature, try and keep a steady, constant kpa until its tuned in, then do the same at a different kpa(NO BOOST), even when changing gears. Try to keep the kpa at a certain point in the VE table, to let the code do its job. Do light, steady acceleration, and keep the kpa say at 60, while letting the rpm increase as you go through the gears. NOTE: autotune uses your o2 sensor voltage switch point as input. So to know for sure if your o2 voltage setting is correct, run closed loop idle control off of the o2 sensor. When you get your A/F close to 14.7:1, you found the correct o2 voltage, THEN you can start using autotune. Technically 2.5 volts is 14.7:1, but my AEM gauge didnt output that voltage for the displayed 14.7:1, which is why i had to adjust my o2 voltage settings.. To run open or closed loop idle, go to exhaust settings, and adjust the rpm. Set it to 700 rpm for closed loop idle, or 1200 for open loop idle control.

Try these autotune settings(after you get it running with the msq i send you)

x limits- 1500 , 5000
y limits- 25 , 98
z limits- 10 , 200

Autotune will work between 1500 and 5000 rpm
Autotune will work between 25 kpa, and 98 kpa(no boost)
Autotune will have VE table adjustment number range from 10-200
Only use autotune to get your non booted drivability dialed in. You still need to tune in accel enrichments. This is why you dont do any agressive throttle when using autotune. Slow enough to not trigger accel enrichment.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Soo.....who wants to help? [View all] , MR BLUNT 2gnt, Mar-27-07 11:21 AM
  RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-27-07 11:32 AM, #1
RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Mar-27-07 12:22 PM, #2
RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, Slushbox, Mar-27-07 02:47 PM, #3
RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Mar-27-07 03:32 PM, #4
      RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-27-07 05:10 PM #5
           RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Mar-27-07 06:24 PM, #6
                RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-28-07 04:03 AM, #7
                     RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Mar-29-07 07:32 AM, #8
                          RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, TeamXtremeRS, Mar-29-07 10:48 AM, #9
                               RE: Soo.....who wants to help?, XMasta19, Apr-03-07 03:57 PM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #3086 Previous topic | Next topic