Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2259
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSAug-04-06 09:19 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2348, "RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors)"
In response to In response to 5
Aug-04-06 09:31 AM by XtremeRS

Originally posted by WickedESi
Originally posted by XtremeRS Connect injectors 1&3 to MS bank 1, and 2&4 to MS bank 2. Just look at the wire color at each injector plug, to find what injector wire is what injector number. Injector 1 is closest to the timing belt.
Shouldn't it be injector 1&4 to bank 1, and 2&3 to bank 2? Firing order???

Firing order is 1-3-4-2 Since we have injector banks 1&3 together, this means that fuel will be injected on the first bank of squirts(1&3), right when the firing is going to take place in those cylinders. 1&3 injectors fire in the fuel, cylinder 1 fires, then cylinder 3. Then injector banks 2&4 squirt in fuel, then cylinder 4 fires, then cylinder 2 fires. So basically, the MS is injecting fuel in alternating mode(mine is set to alternating, 2 squirts), so as that the injectors are giving fuel closest to that cylinders firing order. It really prob doesnt matter all that much, as fuel will get into the cylinder regardless, but it may make for better low engine speed running to have it connected like above- Inj bank 1 to car's injectors 1&3, injector bank 2 to car's injectors 2&4.

I'm *pretty sure* the MS fires each injector bank once per engine revolution( if you have it set to alternating, 2 squirts, then it would be one injector bank firing twice, every crank revolution)we have an ignition event every 180 degrees of crank rotation, which means we have an intake event every 180 degrees as well, which is 2 intake events per engine revolution. This would mean injectors 1&3 are giving fuel per engine revolution, right where those cylinders are going to be in an intake event. Then cylinders 2&4 are next for intake events, right in the next engine revolution, then the MS fires injector bank 2.

Our wasted spark coil pack fires 1&4, and 2&3, which is a bit different than the fuel side of things. This is making me think a bit too much, but i'm pretty sure i got it right lol.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors) [View all] , gilee_8, Jul-23-06 09:42 AM
  RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), TeamXtremeRS, Jul-23-06 02:00 PM, #1
RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), gilee_8, Jul-23-06 04:05 PM, #2
RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), gilee_8, Jul-24-06 04:05 AM, #3
      RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), MR BLUNT 2gnt, Aug-04-06 03:47 AM, #4
RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), WickedESi, Aug-04-06 06:48 AM, #5
      RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), gilee_8, Aug-04-06 08:00 AM, #6
      RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), TeamXtremeRS, Aug-04-06 09:19 AM #7
           RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), WickedESi, Aug-04-06 12:57 PM, #8
                RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), TeamXtremeRS, Aug-04-06 02:18 PM, #9
                     RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), WickedESi, Aug-05-06 04:45 AM, #10
                          RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), TeamXtremeRS, Aug-05-06 11:51 AM, #11
                               RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), WickedESi, Aug-05-06 05:42 PM, #12
                                    RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), TeamXtremeRS, Aug-06-06 04:24 PM, #13
                                         RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), WickedESi, Aug-06-06 04:40 PM, #14
                                              RE: About wiring MegaSquirt to sensors. (Question about injectors), TeamXtremeRS, Aug-06-06 05:03 PM, #15

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Engine Management Systems & Controllers topic #2259 Previous topic | Next topic