Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #122159
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Getting timing done..." Previous topic | Next topic
saikouFeb-27-06 04:44 PM
Member since Nov 24th 2005
454 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#122164, "RE: Getting timing done..."
In response to In response to 4

Like I said to you on AIM, that scanner that Auto Zone/Advanced Auto uses is a generic, $90 scan tool. Sometimes I think it just messes with up 95 guys, IMO. You told me that, if timing was absolutely the problem, wouldn't the CEL be on all the time, instead of sometimes? Is there truth to this guys? It makes sense. Because if it were the sensors that are related to code 11, such as the Cam and Crank sensors, intermittent loss of any of these two sensors would cause that CEL to be on/off randomly. Hell, as I'm typing this, other things are coming to my mind. Maybe the timing is off just a hair, that the ECU doesn't notice sometimes... I dunno.

What I do know is, unlike yourself, I have a PERFECT idle... so perfect that it puts Lindsay Lohan's breasts to shame, and I think her breasts are pretty perfect... until I make a mess on them. My idle is at 850-900RPM.

I think my intermittent loss of these two sensors are because I did not solder the connections of the new pigtails for both sensors, electrical engineering 101. I just simply twisted and shrunk that heat shrink and called it a day. I have gone back and soldered the connection for the Camshaft Position Sensor, but have yet to redue the Crank sensor due to it being under the car; that will be done soon.

Now, what puts my theory into the ground is, in your case, you would get a CEL if either of your two sensor's signals were being intermittently loss to the ECU. Because I have gotten a code 11 before in the past and the description that Auto Zone's scan tool gave me was for the intermittent loss of either Camshaft or Crankshaft position sensors. Whenever I get my CEL scanned now, it is for the same description they are giving you. P1390 - Manfacture Controle
Igntions System Misfire. That description doesn't even suffice what P1390 means; timing belt skipped 1 or more teeth. However, we have both had the timing belt changed recently, well, I have. But, the hydraulic tensioner could be taking shits on us, causing timing problems, because I am re-using mine.

I dunno, this sux0rz.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Getting timing done... [View all] , 95Eclipse302, Feb-27-06 05:58 AM
  RE: Getting timing done..., mcgyvr, Feb-27-06 06:12 AM, #1
RE: Getting timing done..., 95Eclipse302, Feb-27-06 06:48 AM, #2
      RE: Getting timing done..., Chris97RS, Feb-27-06 12:33 PM, #3
           RE: Getting timing done..., 95Eclipse302, Feb-27-06 03:59 PM, #4
                RE: Getting timing done..., saikou, Feb-27-06 04:44 PM #5
                     RE: Getting timing done..., 95_ESi_Person, Feb-27-06 08:25 PM, #6

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #122159 Previous topic | Next topic